2016 "The Dolphins should draft..." megathread | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2016 "The Dolphins should draft..." megathread

How unhappy would you be is Nkemdichie is the pick?

Me? I'd be estatic. Get an elite player that may drop do to bad character.

I heard somewhere (it might have been Omar, so take with a pinch of salt) that the rb Elliot has character issues as well?

These are the backs I'm looking at. Haven't watched all of them, some intrigued by their measurables, others by their scouting reports. Would love to here some takes on them.

C.J. Prosise, Notre Dame
Alex Collins, Arkansas
Kenneth Dixon, Lousiana Tech
Paul Perkins, UCLA
Jordan Howard, Indiana
Tyler Ervin, San Jose State
Kelvin Taylor, Florida
Keith Marshall, Georgia
Daniel Lasco, California

I'm high on Dixon and Collins. Collins to me is a little too similar to Ajayi so I wouldn't target him high here. I'm a fan of Prosise. I've watched Ervin and Lasco, Lasco has the higher grade but Ervin is a little more interesting late in the draft. I'm focusing on RB's on day 3, not interested on day 2 unless there is great value with a guy like Dixon.

I like Devontae Booker also.

If not a corner at 13 I would pick Lawson if he's there and I would not draft a RB at 13

Ozzy rules

Doesn't fit the ZBS and projects more to RT. We traded out of the best spot to replace Albert. If we're going to go with projects, might as well do it after the 1st.

I thought Gase said in the recent interview that we were going to become more of a mauler type offensive line. Is that how one would describe a ZBS???

I thought Gase said in the recent interview that we were going to become more of a mauler type offensive line. Is that how one would describe a ZBS???

So you're suggesting we're going to completely redo the o-line from scratch, starting with a plodder like Conklin? In that case, we better go QB, because Tannehill isn't going through a complete line rebuild.

I like speed so I'm interested but I don't know much about him as a player...

Something no one has mentioned- we visited we Navy's fullback. There could be better options out there but I love this. Hopefully were going to see some I form or carry an h back type at least

Thanks Travis...nice to get an acknowledgement once in awhile

Miami is not taking Ndkemdiche...

I saw someone mention picking up WJIII in the second round.. he's not lasting that long. Teens/early 20's pick.

These are the backs I'm looking at. Haven't watched all of them, some intrigued by their measurables, others by their scouting reports. Would love to here some takes on them.

C.J. Prosise, Notre Dame
Alex Collins, Arkansas
Kenneth Dixon, Lousiana Tech
Paul Perkins, UCLA
Jordan Howard, Indiana
Tyler Ervin, San Jose State
Kelvin Taylor, Florida
Keith Marshall, Georgia
Daniel Lasco, California

I'm high on Dixon and Collins. Collins to me is a little too similar to Ajayi so I wouldn't target him high here. I'm a fan of Prosise. I've watched Ervin and Lasco, Lasco has the higher grade but Ervin is a little more interesting late in the draft. I'm focusing on RB's on day 3, not interested on day 2 unless there is great value with a guy like Dixon.

I really like Dixon, may be one of my favorite in the draft. Did so well in the passing game at La Tech and runs with anger and passion...will fight for yards and has some natural running abilities.

[video=youtube;FU29Y0Rc70I]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FU29Y0Rc70I[/video]

[video=youtube;XqPnaMf3h6s]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XqPnaMf3h6s&ebc=ANyPxKotYclGbaXvIVCGDjj67IcE1azKcjPxvmp480kC_cIPgg6fomGPHFthxdDE894aoMweLt_6rxeMdhu687MQOmxYThfRhg[/video]

and here is a link to his Draft Breakdown aval and some film...

http://draftbreakdown.com/scouting-the-senior-bowl-kenneth-dixon-rb-la-tech/

1) USC outside linebacker Su'a Cravens told Pro Football Talk that the Dolphins are summoning him to Davie for a pre-draft visit. At 6-1, 226 pounds, Cravens needs to bulk up a bit to play linebacker. He also could play safety, and many NFL people envision him there. CBS projects him as a second-rounder, in the range of 57th overall.

Said CBS' Rob Rang: "With his long limbs, tapered frame and impressive fluidity, Cravens looks the part of a traditional NFL strong safety. He's at his best attacking the run, showing excellent recognition and terrific closing speed on outside runs to slice past pulling linemen and lasso ballcarriers for big losses. Cravens shows little regard for his own welfare, taking out the knees of oncoming blockers when necessary to create a pile and allow other Trojans' defenders to get the credit.

"His awareness shows up in pass defense, as Cravens displays impressive route recognition, easing up and accelerating with would-be pass-catchers and showing natural hands for the interception when passers dare test him. Like former USC All-American (and Pittsburgh Steelers great) Troy Polamalu, Cravens can get a little out of control, at times, committing to a lane and lunging for the tackle while leaving cut-back opportunities for savvy runners to exploit. Further, Cravens can get caught peeking back at the quarterback in pass defense."

http://miamiherald.typepad.com/spor...-whitesides-offensive-growth-um-football.html

Back
Top Bottom