2016 "The Dolphins should draft..." megathread | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2016 "The Dolphins should draft..." megathread

Your focus on sack numbers is strange, given how much they don't matter to you. You haven't disproven that he's the same type of player as Vernon, particularly when it comes to disappearing and failing to finish. I'm not just referring to sacks when I say that (though yes, I still value sacks, because, well, negative yards are a good thing when discussing defense, last I checked). Add in the subpar run defense, questionable commitment, and potential off-the-field concerns and I see why teams will be hesitant.

But, like I said, I wouldn't lose any sleep over the pick. I'd rather take a shot on high risk, high reward over relatively sure-fire mediocre. Those are pretty much the two options available at 13.

He's 300 pounds...he is not Vernon.

I'm saying I don't expect double digit sacks from DT"s which is what Ndemkiche played at Ole Miss....Vernon played the edge where I do expect double digit sacks from a 17 million dollar a year player.

Technically DK is very right...at least it was that way when I moderated.....if not why bother having a draft forum at all?

What else are we going to talk about in the run up to the draft?

Playing with the mock draft simulators I keep seeing...
CB Daryl Worley from West Virginia...
WR Charone Peake from Clemson....
...as late round draft picks. Anybody know if these guys are worth a look in the 6th or 7th round? I'm not a draft guru but the measurables look intriguing for the latter rounds.

---------- Post added at 08:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:36 AM ----------

If Keith Marshall from Georgia falls to the 4th or 5th would you be interested in that speed at RB?

He's 300 pounds...he is not Vernon.

I'm saying I don't expect double digit sacks from DT"s which is what Ndemkiche played at Ole Miss....Vernon played the edge where I do expect double digit sacks from a 17 million dollar a year player.

:bobdole: Please go back and quote where I said he's physically like Vernon. And here you are back on the sack numbers again. :lol:

:bobdole: Please go back and quote where I said he's physically like Vernon. And here you are back on the sack numbers again. :lol:

Your focus on sack numbers is strange, given how much they don't matter to you. You haven't disproven that he's the same type of player as Vernon, particularly when it comes to disappearing and failing to finish. I'm not just referring to sacks when I say that (though yes, I still value sacks, because, well, negative yards are a good thing when discussing defense, last I checked). Add in the subpar run defense, questionable commitment, and potential off-the-field concerns and I see why teams will be hesitant.

But, like I said, I wouldn't lose any sleep over the pick. I'd rather take a shot on high risk, high reward over relatively sure-fire mediocre. Those are pretty much the two options available at 13.

I guess I was referring to this comment...if you meant it strictly as far as "disappearing or failing to finish".....then I would refer to Russ Lande's (NFL Scout) scouting report on him as previously posted....

I guess I was referring to this comment...if you meant it strictly as far as "disappearing or failing to finish".....then I would refer to Russ Lande's (NFL Scout) scouting report on him as previously posted....

But the player himself has admitted to taking plays off...

But the player himself has admitted to taking plays off...

Maybe so....I would rather have a player that felt he never could do enough than one who brags about how great he is.....Suh has been accused of it as well...again, I am basing the argument against it on a 6 game stretch scouted by Russ Lande(former NFL Scout) who wrote this.........

“I charted out every play he made in six games – he was a wrecking ball,” Lande said. “His production in terms of disrupting plays, blowing things up behind the line of scrimmage, forcing bad passes was at the level of, or better than, (Ndamukong) Suh and McCoy when they came out.
“He is remarkable in terms of actual production when you chart what he does, not just taking into account his tackles and sacks. When you really watch what he does, he’s a really productive interior guy.”

Ben Volin ‏@BenVolin 1m1 minute ago
In Sept, #Patriots traded pick 6-204 to #Bears for LB Jon Bostic. In March, #Bears traded the pick back to the Pats with Martellus Bennett

Thats how you trade

Trade back into the teens pick up a third and take Conklin

Lee in round one, then hope to the high heavens Whitehair is there in round two.

Playing with the mock draft simulators I keep seeing...
CB Daryl Worley from West Virginia...
WR Charone Peake from Clemson....
...as late round draft picks. Anybody know if these guys are worth a look in the 6th or 7th round? I'm not a draft guru but the measurables look intriguing for the latter rounds.

---------- Post added at 08:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:36 AM ----------

If Keith Marshall from Georgia falls to the 4th or 5th would you be interested in that speed at RB?

#13 just seems way to high for most of the CBs. Apple might be the player I want the least at that spot. I don't get the love for him. He seems like yet another athlete who rose up boards b/c of his athleticism/measurables. Maybe I'm way off, but I don't see anything exciting about him as a football player.

Back
Top Bottom