2016 "The Dolphins should draft..." megathread | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2016 "The Dolphins should draft..." megathread

Playing with the mock draft simulators I keep seeing...
CB Daryl Worley from West Virginia...
WR Charone Peake from Clemson....
...as late round draft picks. Anybody know if these guys are worth a look in the 6th or 7th round? I'm not a draft guru but the measurables look intriguing for the latter rounds.

---------- Post added at 08:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:36 AM ----------

If Keith Marshall from Georgia falls to the 4th or 5th would you be interested in that speed at RB?

I like speed so I'm interested but I don't know much about him as a player...

Something no one has mentioned- we visited we Navy's fullback. There could be better options out there but I love this. Hopefully were going to see some I form or carry an h back type at least

Reed would probably compliment Suh a lot better than Robinson if we go that route. Would rather have nkemdiche but not happening. Henry rnd 2 and bpa probably CB for rnd 3. Sounds good to me

Here is the complete package of picks Mike Tannenbaum, Chris Grier and Adam Gase will have at their disposal next month:

Round 1: Pick 13 (13th overall), acquired from Philadelphia in trade.

Round 2: Pick 11 (42nd overall).

Round 3: Pick 10 (73rd overall).

Round 4: Pick 9 (107th overall).

Round 5: Pick 8 (147th overall).

Round 6: Pick 11 (186th overall).

Round 7: Pick 6 (227th overall), acquired from Baltimore in trade; Pick 10 (231st overall).

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/nfl/miami-dolphins/article68782357.html#storylink=cpy

If a trade down opportunity is available, they I'd suggest they take it. More picks - more ammunition.

Otherwise I'd be happy with any of the following in round one:

• Vernon Hargreaves III
  • Eli Apple
  • William Jackson III (likely available in a trade down)

In order of preference:

1. Doctson
2. Henry
3. Spence
4. Decker
5. Jackson 3

You remember how Coyle used Derrick Shelby in 2014 as a rusher from the DT spot? Robert Ndkemdiche was used in a similar way... granted he's bigger and more athletic than Shelby to the point he was used a lot on offense by Ole Miss before his concussion.

Going more into a press coverage you're gonna see us take risks on CBs that you may not know. Gonna be a lot of taking athletes and trying to develop them.

Based on everything I'm hearing you're likely gonna see Ndkemdiche, Lee, or a CB.

Late rounder for Sione Houma. Bruiser that's excellent short yardage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I feel like the team needs a strong "foundation" draft. What I mean by that is that Miami still needs to complete both lines.

The offensive line has glaring holes at guard, not to mention that Brandon Albert is older and injury prone at LT. I have hopes that one of the young players step up with better coaching (Turner or Douglas), but I'd still use a high draft pick on a guard/tackle probably 2nd round as I think that's where the value is.

The defensive line looks pretty good on paper. But, I'd love the team to get a young pass rusher. Also, I would hedge my bets on Jordan Phillips at DT. There's some serious talent at DT in this draft and Miami could probably get a run stopper like Johnson from Penn State in R3.

I'd go either corner (Apple, Hargreaves) or pass rusher (Dodd, Lawson) in the first. Best available guard in R2 and best remaining DT in R3. Running back in the 4th/5th range.

Jake Ruddock. Gase could continue his development. Harbaugh brought him a long way. Smart, accurate, excellent decision maker. Runs well. Good back up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If jack doesn't get his measurements in before the draft he could drop.

His reps keep saying he's fine, but until we see it, he's not.

Maybe so....I would rather have a player that felt he never could do enough than one who brags about how great he is.....Suh has been accused of it as well...again, I am basing the argument against it on a 6 game stretch scouted by Russ Lande(former NFL Scout) who wrote this.........

That's putting lipstick on what he actually said. And you do realize your one former scout isn't the only one out there and isn't the only one who has reviewed tape of him, right? And it's clear they aren't alone, given his predicted fall in the draft. The flawless player your describing wouldn't make it out of the top 5, especially in this draft.

---------- Post added at 02:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:29 PM ----------

If jack doesn't get his measurements in before the draft he could drop.

His reps keep saying he's fine, but until we see it, he's not.

Are you referring to his injury?

That's putting lipstick on what he actually said. And you do realize your one former scout isn't the only one out there and isn't the only one who has reviewed tape of him, right? And it's clear they aren't alone, given his predicted fall in the draft. The flawless player your describing wouldn't make it out of the top 5, especially in this draft.

---------- Post added at 02:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:29 PM ----------

Are you referring to his injury?

Well....I guess we'll find out just what the current teams scouts really think of him in a month...obviously you won't get straight answers now, if any of them are hoping he drops.

In fact, the fact that active scouts are not talking him up could be perceived as exactly that.

These are the backs I'm looking at. Haven't watched all of them, some intrigued by their measurables, others by their scouting reports. Would love to here some takes on them.

C.J. Prosise, Notre Dame
Alex Collins, Arkansas
Kenneth Dixon, Lousiana Tech
Paul Perkins, UCLA
Jordan Howard, Indiana
Tyler Ervin, San Jose State
Kelvin Taylor, Florida
Keith Marshall, Georgia
Daniel Lasco, California

I'm high on Dixon and Collins. Collins to me is a little too similar to Ajayi so I wouldn't target him high here. I'm a fan of Prosise. I've watched Ervin and Lasco, Lasco has the higher grade but Ervin is a little more interesting late in the draft. I'm focusing on RB's on day 3, not interested on day 2 unless there is great value with a guy like Dixon.

Back
Top Bottom