2018 Captains | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2018 Captains

In other sports like soccer for example, this is the way it works. The other system, actually probably doesn't make too much sense, because it becomes a popularity contest rather than something you really need which is an appointment of a leader. I know that's against our democratic society most of us live in but sometimes people take the need for democracy to way too low a level than is required.

I will maintain that the captains may not be your best player...

From what has been said in the offseason...and this is from Minkah as well, that McCain is the one he was soaking up knowledge from and who was taking him under his wing.

I will maintain that the captains may not be your best player...

From what has been said in the offseason...and this is from Minkah as well, that McCain is the one he was soaking up knowledge from and who was taking him under his wing.

Boom. Captains don’t gotta be your best players. Especially when the coach picks em. Gase wants those guys running the show and leading by example. All but one of em are gase guys that have been here through and through

Kilgore must have made quite an impression in his short time here so far!

Gase loves McCain. I do think Reshad is a snub though.
If anyone was snubbed it was this guy

51hLqHqOn%2BL._SX425_.jpg

Gase loves McCain. I do think Reshad is a snub though.

Reshad is the heart and soul of the team. He's the true leader of this defense and has been for many years now. Him and Wake of course, goes without saying.

Reshad is the heart and soul of the team. He's the true leader of this defense and has been for many years now. Him and Wake of course, goes without saying.

This is nothing against the players and how they perform on the field, but when has either shown leadership? Some players are just not that type of person, uber-successful and may provide energy on the field, but may not do the little things you see your leaders do.

This is nothing against the players and how they perform on the field, but when has either shown leadership? Some players are just not that type of person, uber-successful and may provide energy on the field, but may not do the little things you see your leaders do.

Fair point, I would say both of them lead with their actions more than their words. Just speaking as a fan but when Reshad blows people up (like last week) I get pumped as f***, the players must feel the same. That might not be what a leader is, but in football it's damn important to physically impose your will and that alone sets a tone for the game.

in the mean time

DeVante Parker (finger) 'itching to play'
10415.jpg

Dolphins coach Adam Gase said DeVante Parker (finger) is "itching to play."

Beat writer Armando Salguero of the Miami Herald adds that it "really sounds like" Parker will suit up for Sunday's Week 2 matchup against the Jets. Parker sat out last week's opener with a broken finger he suffered during training camp but has been practicing on a limited basis since Friday. His return would be a slight downgrade for Kenny Stills, who broke out for 106 yards and two touchdowns in last week's win over Tennessee.

Back
Top Bottom