2018 Game 6 Snap Reactions | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2018 Game 6 Snap Reactions

Brock Osweiler may be a bad QB (he is) but he's lightyears ahead of Tannehill when it comes to pre-snap reads and pocket awareness. That's instinctual. Lobster was throwing ducks all damn day but he still moved the offense at will (with the Herculean help of Albert Wilson of course)

Controversy!! Seriously!!

Because Albert Wilson balled out now Brock can challenge RT starting job. That is FAKE NEWS!!!!

PS I hate RT!!!!!!

It's a ridiculous assertion. If Brock was making ALL the throws then i would say there is something there. But look at the game objectively! He throws 5 yard passes and the playmakers did the rest.

Brock absolutely doesn't have an intermediate or deep pass fiber in his body. He stayed within his game and that's great.

But his limitation becomes too easy to defend on defense without the full passing tree at his disposal.

Last edited:
The Matt Moore comparison is appropriate I think. Can be a gamer in certain situations, often seems like he has a more natural feel for the position than RT. But in the long run, not a better QB and certainly not a starter.

Because Brock has a body of work deserving of ?????? The Texans and Browns didn't hang onto that anchor and we should either. He is not much more than a Fitzpatrick.

If Gase wasn't such a homer Brock most likely would not be in the league.

PS I hate RT.

His body of work sucks. I don't think anyone on this board has been harsher or more critical of Brock Osweiler than me. I hated the signing when we brought him in.

But fact: Dolphins scored 31 points and won the football game today. Osweiler had a couple of brutal plays, and got a couple of lucky bounces, but otherwise played well. In his last two starts, Ryan Tannehill did not play well. That is a QB controversy and the team now has to deal with it.

Personally, I don't care. Just win football games.

We made a TON of mistakes, but those refs were at least as responsible for this game being as close as it was as we were. I still want to know where the EFF Gesicki is?????? Does he play on our team?

Brock isn't better than Tannehill ,and no I'm not a fan of tannehill ...

But Brock see the field better than Ryan , Ryan has more arm strength

What we saw from Brock today was a pocket awareness and understanding the situation that we haven't seen out of Tannehill. He wasn't sacked once, despite coming up against Kahil bloody Mack, and the 2nd ranked sack defense in the league. The Line played a big part in that but Brock too takes credit for extending plays and intelligently throwing the ball away (when will Tannehill learn how to do that ?). He always converted 50 % or so of our 3rd downs, it's been a huge problem for us for goodness knows how long. Arm talent and physical attributes to play the position, it's not even close, Tannehill is way superior. However for the game inside their heads, Tannehill just doesn't seem to get it, Brock today showed a way better command.

And...the whole soft schedule narrative is bull. As of today, we've played one team with a losing record...Oakland. Everyone else is .500 or better and includes 3 division leaders (not including NE who will be the AFC East division leader by tie breaker if they win tonight)

I'm eating CROW right now. I was not confident Miami even had a chance in this game. But somehow they defied the ODDS, The Odds Makers and all of the Negative Nellies!!! And WON!!! I just finished smoking another Vanilla Victory Cigar and I have to say it was the best one yet!!! Great to see Nick O'Leary with a Par 6 for a TD!!! The Offensive Line played WAY better than I could ever have imagined. And how bout Mr. Brock Osweiler!!! I don't care what they say about him, but he earned my respect today with his performance!!! Brock is about to get some good Klondike Tonight!!! Oh and Kiko is playing like a Man on Fire!!! WOW what a Win!!

Will someone give us a fifth for Parker?
No pass rush at all
Bad cb play
But when you can run the ball the whole game changes

What we saw from Brock today was a pocket awareness and understanding the situation that we haven't seen out of Tannehill. He wasn't sacked once, despite coming up against Kahil bloody Mack, and the 2nd ranked sack defense in the league. The Line played a big part in that but Brock too takes credit for extending plays and intelligently throwing the ball away (when will Tannehill learn how to do that ?). He always converted 50 % or so of our 3rd downs, it's been a huge problem for us for goodness knows how long. Arm talent and physical attributes to play the position, it's not even close, Tannehill is way superior. However for the game inside their heads, Tannehill just doesn't seem to get it, Brock today showed a way better command.

Give him credit for smart throw aways, but when the O is consistently providing positive plays and YAC yards with manageable third downs, Tannehill looks good too. You can almost instantly tell if it's going to be a long day if the OL is not getting a push and if there is no real "pocket" early on in the game. What pocket awareness are you talking about when no one was near him all game? People are talking like Brock looked like Russel Wilson evading rushers.

That said, I'm glad BO looked manageable if the rest of the O is doing well. I wasn't sure that would be the case, and anyone that watched him in Denver or Houston expected much worse. He had horrible accuracy everywhere before, and today he looked able to execute at least.

Opportunistic D. We need a 2nd boundary CB though. They went after McTyre out of the gate in the 2nd half mercilessly until he was finally pulled (or hurt) for 23. I think McCain is better at slot than boundary, but we need him to get healthy

Another interception on a throw to DVP. He is done.

Brock's arm looks weaker than Pennington's but great game.

His body of work sucks. I don't think anyone on this board has been harsher or more critical of Brock Osweiler than me. I hated the signing when we brought him in.

But fact: Dolphins scored 31 points and won the football game today. Osweiler had a couple of brutal plays, and got a couple of lucky bounces, but otherwise played well. In his last two starts, Ryan Tannehill did not play well. That is a QB controversy and the team now has to deal with it.

Personally, I don't care. Just win football games.

The Controversy is we lost a game when Tunsil went out. The coaching staff addressed that. The Oline looked like it had HOFers on it today. Now if we can address the 10000000 screens we run we can stay ahead of the PATS and Refs.

By the way great post.

My thoughts:

BO is not a better QB overall, but he does one thing better than RT. RT makes the presnap read and stares down his target. At times, BO was making his read, then started post snap looking the other direction before coming to his first option. RT never looks off the coverage.

If this D didn’t get turnovers, we would be in deep doo doo.

McTyre got some serious hate after two big completions, but he was step for step with an Albert Wilson type on both plays. He had no help from the safeties. When the ball is in the air that long the “free” saftey (cough) should be near the ball.

Back
Top Bottom