2018 Game 6 Snap Reactions | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2018 Game 6 Snap Reactions

Brock showed up and played sufficient for us to WIN!

Total team win.

Nuff said.

We freakin' won.

Leave the crits for losers IMO

No way Osweiler out-played Tannehill. He had really bad interceptions. He bounced a pass off a defenders helmet. It just didn't happen to get caught by a defender. He made some of the smaller passes that Tannehill makes (because that's what Gase is calling), but they looked forced at times and a bit Henne-like IMO... too fast, hard, robotic jerk reactions. The play calling still needs some zest injected into it, but I think we are again limited by so many backups playing.

Big SHOUT and THANKS to Gore. What a MAN!

No way Osweiler out-played Tannehill. He had really bad interceptions. He bounced a pass off a defenders helmet. It just didn't happen to get caught by a defender. He made some of the smaller passes that Tannehill makes (because that's what Gase is calling), but they looked forced at times and a bit Henne-like IMO... too fast, hard, robotic jerk reactions. The play calling still needs some zest injected into it, but I think we are again limited by so many backups playing.

Big SHOUT and THANKS to Gore. What a MAN!

Yeah because Tannehill never throws stupid INTs :p

Great overview Wanny, thanks! BTW, is that Brock Osweiler in the cowboy hat and orange crush jersey in your avatar?

As excellent as Albert Wilson, Frank Gore, the OL and the entire defense was this week, I think our current best players are Smoke and Mirrors. Gase has the team playing in all phases and added just enough adjustments to barely eek out another close win. Yes, the Bears underestimated us. Yes, the game could have easily gone either way. Yes, Brock Osweiler made his share of mistakes. But all in all, this team is looking a lot like the 2016 team, surviving the ravages of injuries to win most of the close games, and push ahead to a good record. We imploded in the Bengals loss, but we were there at the end and the game was ours to win. Ditto for this week against Chicago, but the players made it happen. Kudos to players and coaching staff today.

I cannot believe how effective our OL was this week. Kudos to the entire crew for fixing the execution errors! Everybody did their job, and many of them did it well! I think the Bears overlooked us … and for that I'm thankful.

Frank Gore is as effective in Miami as he was in San Francisco years ago … and that's truly amazing. It's not that Drake isn't getting the carries as much as it is Gore is earning more carries. If we can run block--and that is Swanson's strength--we make the pass protection a lot easier. Slithering through cracks like Gore does, that helps the OL immensely.

Time to give Burke some props. Our entire defensive coaching staff is looking pretty good in all honesty. The DB's look fantastic, with Reshad healthy, X. looking dominant, and Fitzpatrick completely living up to his draft hype. Kocurek has the DL playing fantastically well. Vincent Taylor and Davon Godchaux have upped their games tremendously and are living up to their potential. Having both guys develop so well and so rapidly is no coincidence … that's great coaching and great effort by the players. Quinn with a timely forced fumble and Kiko with another recovery was crucial. Even our LB's are playing better with McMillan making a lot of important tackles today and Baker flashing last week. Our defense is on the uptick. This bodes well for the future, as we have so many key young players really developing. Despite getting beat a lot, McTyer proved he can stay close to his coverage … he just needs that next step of breaking up passes now.

Albert Wilson. I know everyone was concerned about letting a great talent like Jarvis Landry leave, and they were very valid concerns. But wow, how did KC let Wilson walk for so much less money!?!?!?!?!?!? KC is still undefeated, and their offense looks great, so it's hard to criticize, but wow, our offseason acquisitions are looking pretty good right now! Trading for Robert Quinn, signing Albert Wilson as a FA, and honestly, Sitton and Kilgore looked good for the weeks they were healthy. Draftees Fitzpatrick, Gesicki and Baker look to be good picks. Good stuff all around.

Gase has this team looking like a Belichick team in that even when we're getting scored on, we force turnovers. Our offense is using role players to put our explosive pieces in position to affect the game. We're keeping it close into the 4th quarter, and we're never giving up.

We're 4-2, having won the games before the season that I had us winning, and losing the games I had us losing. My final prediction was 10-6 and a playoff spot. So far so good.

So I know people hate it, but I'm not going to let up on the refs. At some point in the game they called a PI defensive hold call on I think it was McMillen or Kiko possibly?. He was only about 3 yards off the line when he made rather light contact with the receiver. His hands were on the receiver's chest at around the 4 yard mark and then the contact was over. None of what he did actually disrupted the receiver's route from what I can recall (i'll have to go back and watch it). And then you have the flip side on the Dolphins final regulation drive where the defender out-right tripped the receiver. Nobody missed it. They replayed it, it was in plain site to refs and everyone. But no flag there... That's perfectly fine if your playing against the Dolphins. Without the trip, Miami had an excellent chance to score the winning TD on that play.

The refs need to start ejecting players for clothes-lining and body slamming Grant. That's just plain BUiish!T.

Oh also... let's just give the Bears the ball on the 20 when they recovered the ball on the one. Uggg. Maybe it touched the white line by a hair. Frakin EFF!

The only think I can say is I'm very disappointed in Minkah Fitzpatrick for completely whiffing on that fumble recovery that X eventually got.

The only think I can say is I'm very disappointed in Minkah Fitzpatrick for completely whiffing on that fumble recovery that X eventually got.

Fitzpatrick was awful today, 2 stupid PI's that I believe both led to TD's.

My snap reaction is Brock is a better fit for this team than Tannehill. (Not a better QB). So far this year Tannehill has been terrible at buying time in the pocket and at converting third downs. Our defense was getting gassed far too early and this o-line is never going to create a perfect pocket on a consistent basis. Also Brock seems to lead receivers better, which is better for our small receivers. Brock will never make the great throws we've seen Tannehill make. And Brock will throw more bad interceptions than Tannehill. But the offense overall will move more consistently. There will be more plays for guys like Wilson, Gore, Drake, and Grant to make things happen.

If we had consistent protection and a big alpha receiver rather than lots of small fast receivers, I would want Tannehill under center. But right now, I prefer Osweiler, even knowing how weak of a QB he is. Because our playmakers can bail him out. They can't bail out Tannehill if he doesn't buy time or misses his reads.

So I know people hate it, but I'm not going to let up on the refs. At some point in the game they called a PI defensive hold call on I think it was McMillen or Kiko possibly?. He was only about 3 yards off the line when he made rather light contact with the receiver. His hands were on the receiver's chest at around the 4 yard mark and then the contact was over. None of what he did actually disrupted the receiver's route from what I can recall (i'll have to go back and watch it). And then you have the flip side on the Dolphins final regulation drive where the defender out-right tripped the receiver. Nobody missed it. They replayed it, it was in plain site to refs and everyone. But no flag there... That's perfectly fine if your playing against the Dolphins. Without the trip, Miami had an excellent chance to score the winning TD on that play.

The refs need to start ejecting players for clothes-lining and body slamming Grant. That's just plain BUiish!T.

Oh also... let's just give the Bears the ball on the 20 when they recovered the ball on the one. Uggg. Maybe it touched the white line by a hair. Frakin EFF!
Just one of those things. Chicago is a major market with a tremendous fanbase. They're finally relevant again, and the NFL wants them to succeed. I think the success of a Miami franchise is simply not a concern for the NFL … and even at home we're facing questionable ref'ing.

One thing I will say despite the fact that I was not home to see the game is that I just do not understand the NFL. I guess this is why it makes the sport so great because you really just do not know what is going to happen.

Anything Phins related makes no sense. Whenever they face a team that has a terrible defense they never seem to be able to move the ball. And when they face a team that has a great defense they end up giving up no sacks and hold Khalil Mack in check.

Whatever I guess. 4-2 is better than 3-2-1 or 3-3. I gave up numerous times today bc I’m a **** fan but I’ll take the W.

I tell you, that Bears TD that was called back for the illegal screen, that was the turning point of the game. If that TD had stood, I don't think there's any way CHI loses today. Instead, we march right down and make it a ball game.

I got back in late this afternoon and missed the first quarter. Boy am I glad I got back in time to see the rest of this football game!

- I saw that Ryan Tannehill was kept out of the game, and apparently due to the shoulder injury he's been nursing for two weeks. I don't understand Gase's approach to injuries sometimes. Tannehill clearly didn't have a fastball vs the Patriots and also looked like hell vs the Bengals. If he's hurt, let him rest. The Dolphins are super cautious with injuries for every other player on the roster... I get that he's the quarterback, but when he's hurt and suddenly starts playing terribly, maybe he needs to heal up? Didn't anyone pay attention to what happened with Andrew Luck?

- Brock Osweiler has made this a quarterback controversy. Earlier in his career, he was absolutely dreadful with the Broncos and then the Texans (and the Texans agreed enough to send a 2nd rounder to Cleveland just to get him off the books), but he looks rejuvenated. He looks like a competent NFL quarterback. The pick he threw early in the 3rd quarter was brutal, but other than that, Osweiler played well and deserves tremendous credit for his performance today. He gave Miami a chance to win the football game when it counted. Yee Haw!

- Frank Gore! Enough said.

- CB2 remains a huge eyesore for Miami. Tory McTyer just isn't there. Sadly, neither is Cordrea Tankersley.

- The Bears ran a QB Sneak on 3rd and 1. It was successful. Memo to Adam Gase: Quarterback sneaks are effective on third and a foot. And HE GOT THE MEMO! The Dolphins successfully executed a sneak in the 3rd quarter. And then he lost the memo. Why no Osweiler sneak on 3rd and goal at the one foot line???

- Vincent Taylor is a revelation. Really talented guy who seems to be putting it together. Speaking of revelations, how about Nick O'Leary? This is two weeks in a row I've watched him whenever possible and come away impressed. I think he might be our new starting TE.

- I have grown to hate Adam Gase's love affair with the swing pass almost as much as I hate his love affair with the bubble screen. Throw the football downfield, please. And not just moon-shots. Put the ball between the yard markers 8 to 20 yards downfield. Brock Osweiler is OK at these kind of throws, and Ryan Tannehill is quite good at them. That's my honest opinion on why this offense just can't score points: Everything is on the perimeter or 40 yards downfield. You can't consistently create scoring drives like that.

- Wow, amazing! In the 4th quarter, Brock Osweiler threw the football 15 yards into the center of the field to Albert Wilson. The result? A big play when it was sorely needed. On the next drive for Miami, another strike to Wilson in the middle of the field. The result? A 70 yard touchdown.

- While on the subject: Penalties. Penalties. Penalties. This is another failure of coaching. Delay of game penalties in particular. Get the plays in sooner if you expect your quarterback to make changes at the line.

- I still think Adam Gase does some really good things as a coach, and I still believe he can be successful, but he really needs to take a step back and reevaluate some of the philosophy he's had for this offense coming into the season. Things that are not working should be changed, eliminated, or used far less frequently.

- Travis Swanson is my Wanny Warrior this week. Guy's been cut from like four different teams in the last two seasons and yet... he's one of the bright spots on this OL right now. Respect. Ja'Wuan James also had a great bounce-back game against Khalil Mack after a putrid showing last week. Big props to the OL today.

- The announcing crew was absolutely dreadful and I hope they're all fired in the parking lot.

- When the Bears got the ball back after Miami's game-tying touchdown and two point conversion, I counted multiple false start penalties on the Bears offense that simply were not called. Then, on the pass Jones almost intercepted, major hold on Robert Quinn. The Dolphins OL is routinely penalized for basically everything every week... how about this goes both ways, NFL?

- How about Kenyan Drake being TACKLED with the football in the air in the final minutes of the game... no call? Drake had open field in front of him.

- The Dolphins defense looked like money in the first half, but confused, slow, and out of position in the second half. I give credit to the Bears coaching staff for figuring the Dolphins defense out and then taking them to the woodshed in the second half.

- Kiko Alonso - Volume fumble recoverer. Volume interceptor. Volume stripper. Okay, maybe I could have come up with a better word for that last one.

- Cody Parkey REALLY IS a Dolphins fan!

The Dolphins got the Bears coming off a bye, missing their starting quarterback and racked by injuries across the board. They won. Huge win. Great football game.

Go Dolphins.

2 comments
1. The D played well sans McTyer
2. Hope Gase learns to put his playmakers in motion.

I tell you, that Bears TD that was called back for the illegal screen, that was the turning point of the game. If that TD had stood, I don't think there's any way CHI loses today. Instead, we march right down and make it a ball game.

Absolutely, but it was one of the few calls the refs got right today. That's a lousy crew.

Minkah is a walking PI call, where are the ball skills?

Could of traded up for Rosen, signed Osweiler as the stopgap, and dumped Tannehill.

When it is time to zig the Dolphins will zag.

Yeah because Tannehill never throws stupid INTs :p

There were a couple in the last game that were pretty stupid by RT, I'll give you that. Freak plays where they bounced off helmets and such and defender just happened to be where the ball ricocheted. Brock had one of those, that he lucked out and the ball didn't land in a defenders hands. Then he had 2 interceptions of under-thrown balls that were horrible. IMO Tannehill would not have under thrown those. Ryan doesn't seem to throw a lot of under-thrown interceptions. I'm not a statistician, and I can't say I will ever go through all games and count up under-thrown interceptions by RT and compare them to Brock or other QBs. From my memory, it seems what is more common for Ryan is fumbling a snap and losing that ball in very freaky ugly manners. Sometimes it's protection and I've seen some really bad snaps some that have even gone over Ryan's head in the past. But isn't Brock kind of known for under-throws? If we are going to say RT teases us and then let's us all so far down.

I thought it was interesting that in the first half they definitely tried some knew things. Getting the TEs involved. Again I ask where the heck Gesicki is? But they had some success with the TEs they need to expand on.

Back
Top Bottom