2018 NFL Draft: Dolphins might turn attention to Oklahoma State QB Mason Rudolph | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2018 NFL Draft: Dolphins might turn attention to Oklahoma State QB Mason Rudolph

DKphin

Club Member
Reaction score
rudolph.jpg

If the Dolphins are boxed out from getting one of the top four quarterbacks in this year’s NFL Draft class, they’ll turn their attention to the next tier. The best of that bunch might be Oklahoma State’s Mason Rudolph.
As far as consolation prizes go, Rudolph’s not bad. He’s a 6-foot-5, 235-pounder who looks exactly like the guy Central Casting would send out to play the role of pocket passer. Once he took over as Oklahoma State’s starting quarterback his sophomore year, he piled up 86 touchdown passes and had just 22 interceptions while averaging 327 passing yards per game.
He might end up being a second- or third-round pick because he’s not as good, for now, as the top quarterbacks, but his potential is unmistakable.
“My ability to throw the ball down the field accurately, I’ve done it for three years,” he said. “I think accuracy in general, across the board, I’m one of the most accurate in the class. My production for three years, my wins as a starter, 32, and my ability to play with injuries speaks for itself. I’m confident.”
The Dolphins are committed to Ryan Tannehill as the starter for this year and probably the next two, but it’s imperative they take a quarterback in this year’s draft class.
http://dailydolphin.blog.palmbeachp...attention-to-oklahoma-state-qb-mason-rudolph/

How does he compare to White or Falk? I havent seen enough of them to know, Rudolph seems to be ranked the highest of the 2nd tier guys.

How does he compare to White or Falk? I havent seen enough of them to know, Rudolph seems to be ranked the highest of the 2nd tier guys.
I'm not sure why White is even in consideration at all. He is not a real prospect. Compared to Falk, Rudolph is way better. They both need work but out of the two Falk has marginal written all over him.

I'm not sure why White is even in consideration at all. He is not a real prospect. Compared to Falk, Rudolph is way better. They both need work but out of the two Falk has marginal written all over him.

I feel like we almost have to take Rudolph in the 2nd at this point, but sucks bc I don't think any of the top 4 TEs will still be there in the 3rd.

I feel like we almost have to take Rudolph in the 2nd at this point, but sucks bc I don't think any of the top 4 TEs will still be there in the 3rd.
Id think we def need to go te in 2nd. The position had been neglected to long.

Id think we def need to go te in 2nd. The position had been neglected to long.

I agree but that means we have no shot at any legit QB with potential to start or be a really good backup. If we don't take Rudolph I'd rather not waste a high pick on QB at that point. Its a shame, we really need 1 extra pick in the first few rounds this year to cover our needs.

I agree but that means we have no shot at any legit QB with potential to start or be a really good backup. If we don't take Rudolph I'd rather not waste a high pick on QB at that point. Its a shame, we really need 1 extra pick in the first few rounds this year to cover our needs.
Agreed. We always seem to come up just short. If we miss out on Mayfield we should not push our #2 for qb. If Falk is still there in the 6th than take a flier.

Agreed. We always seem to come up just short. If we miss out on Mayfield we should not push our #2 for qb. If Falk is still there in the 6th than take a flier.

I know everyone hates the idea, but if we could trade down and pickup an extra 2nd somehow I would be ok with that. Would allow us to take a LB/DT, TE, and QB with the first 3 picks.

I know everyone hates the idea, but if we could trade down and pickup an extra 2nd somehow I would be ok with that. Would allow us to take a LB/DT, TE, and QB with the first 3 picks.
The only problem is finding a trade partner for the 11th pick. I discussed this in a couple threads. Lots of posters love to say trade down but in actuality that is crazy hard to do. Not saying your one of those that can't put forth a real possibility. Not trying to be rude but just don't see it as a real possibility.

The only problem is finding a trade partner for the 11th pick. I discussed this in a couple threads. Lots of posters love to say trade down but in actuality that is crazy hard to do. Not saying your one of those that can't put forth a real possibility. Not trying to be rude but just don't see it as a real possibility.

Nope I never said or thought it was reasonable either, just saying I would be fine with doing that to accumulate an extra early pick. The only way it happens is if one of the top Qbs magically falls, in which case we would prob just take him ourselves. Maybe if a guy like Allen dropped and Gase didn't like him for wvr reason, that would be about the only possibility I could see. Someone may be willing to move a couple of spots for someone that falls, but that likely would not get us a 2nd or 3rd round pick anyway.

Nope I never said or thought it was reasonable either, just saying I would be fine with doing that to accumulate an extra early pick. The only way it happens is if one of the top Qbs magically falls, in which case we would prob just take him ourselves. Maybe if a guy like Allen dropped and Gase didn't like him for wvr reason, that would be about the only possibility I could see. Someone may be willing to move a couple of spots for someone that falls, but that likely would not get us a 2nd or 3rd round pick anyway.
It doesn't help us either that everyone knows how to take advantage of Tannen-bum lol

It doesn't help us either that everyone knows how to take advantage of Tannen-bum lol

Yah I don't think the guy has ever won a trade when it comes to who got better "value." At least with Ireland, he always seemed to get the better end of deals he made, and I didn't worry about him getting fleeced. Don't even like thinking about the Caroo trade up move it still makes me angry haha.

I’d rather take a flyer on Lauletta

Draft a "2nd rate qb" and expect to get 2nd rate qb results.

With as much help as this team needs why would anyone wants to draft a qb in the 2nd who won't play over a guy who would be a starter on defense or at TE/WR/RB

Back
Top Bottom