2018 Stadium Updates | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2018 Stadium Updates

The club is stupid. You can't really see the game. Your not allowed to stand by windows
I know the canes have a different use for the club area but in the past the Club Liv section with the Dolphins were club seats below the club (white seats) with access to the club.

I thought those outside courts will be temporarily. That will be a disaster for parking. They are cutting literally all the purple parking and black parking in that area. And these parking areas will kill a few thousand Orange parking slots (which is the majority of season ticket holders).
Not a good idea for a once a year event.

05f3866547dd87c1b21bfa0433725ae0-800x901.jpg

I really do hope that those outside courts are only temporary.

I think those tennis courts are going to be
I thought those outside courts will be temporarily. That will be a disaster for parking. They are cutting literally all the purple parking and black parking in that area. And these parking areas will kill a few thousand Orange parking slots (which is the majority of season ticket holders).
Not a good idea for a once a year event.

05f3866547dd87c1b21bfa0433725ae0-800x901.jpg

I really do hope that those outside courts are only temporary.

I think the tennis courts are going to be permanent.

That is a horrible idea. For a one week event, once a year, you kill off thousands of parking spaces. Not a good idea.

I read that they aren't concerned about the parking spaces because the stadium has less seating now after the renovations and they feel like there is still plenty of parking available.

I read that they aren't concerned about the parking spaces because the stadium has less seating now after the renovations and they feel like there is still plenty of parking available.
The problem they have (or we have) is in orange parking if they ever have an increase in season tickets. That is the majority of spaces. We already lost a whole lot of Orange parking around the stadium and are being pushed out across the street more and more. Parking is supposed to be easier not harder.

As if anyone needed more proof Ross is football & sports retarded.

That is a horrible idea. For a one week event, once a year, you kill off thousands of parking spaces. Not a good idea.

Miami is an international city and there will be tennis camps and all kinds of other events for players from all over the world. It's not just the Miami Open that'll come through the venue. :lol:

Miami is an international city and there will be tennis camps and all kinds of other events for players from all over the world. It's not just the Miami Open that'll come through the venue. :lol:
I get that. But no other event requires fixed structures in the parking lot. Again: why have a huge area blocked by structures you only require for a week max every year?

In regards to "tennis events" from all over the world: I am sure mom and pop love to have their youngsters in a better area to also enjoy Florida. I.e. the Delray Tennis Center is in the middle of downtown Delray Beach with easy access to "life" (restaurants, cafe, beach, hotels etc) and not some in the middle of nowhere tennis courts. Delray does host a lot of little tournaments. I can see the point of getting the Miami Open there. But there must be a better way of making the outside tennis courts removable and temporary. We won't lose any parking but more and more season ticket holders and tailgaters will be pushed outside the boundaries of the stadium. It cuts down on tailgating time because it is quite a hike from the outside lots.

I get that. But no other event requires fixed structures in the parking lot. Again: why have a huge area blocked by structures you only require for a week max every year?

In regards to "tennis events" from all over the world: I am sure mom and pop love to have their youngsters in a better area to also enjoy Florida. I.e. the Delray Tennis Center is in the middle of downtown Delray Beach with easy access to "life" (restaurants, cafe, beach, hotels etc) and not some in the middle of nowhere tennis courts. Delray does host a lot of little tournaments. I can see the point of getting the Miami Open there. But there must be a better way of making the outside tennis courts removable and temporary. We won't lose any parking but more and more season ticket holders and tailgaters will be pushed outside the boundaries of the stadium. It cuts down on tailgating time because it is quite a hike from the outside lots.
Mr Ross is a businessman. He has a valuable asset in the stadium and surrounding parking lot that doesn't generate revenue in the football offseason. His challenge is to utilize his assets better. By building a fantastic tennis facility he increases both his revenue stream and the value of his asset. Make no mistake everyone attending the Miami Open will paying for good tennis, parking, food, etc. This is all about asset utilization. Wouldn't be surprised if the idea came from Venus and Serena Williams who are minority owners of the Dolphins.

Mr Ross is a businessman. He has a valuable asset in the stadium and surrounding parking lot that doesn't generate revenue in the football offseason. His challenge is to utilize his assets better. By building a fantastic tennis facility he increases both his revenue stream and the value of his asset. Make no mistake everyone attending the Miami Open will paying for good tennis, parking, food, etc. This is all about asset utilization. Wouldn't be surprised if the idea came from Venus and Serena Williams who are minority owners of the Dolphins.
Then let's build a zoo in the parking lot, and an aquarium and yes, a race track.

AGAIN:
I have no problem with utilizing the parking lot during the off season. I have no problem with the Miami Open being held there. And I have no problem with tennis facilities in the parking lot if they are temporary. These facilities are part of the revenue when there is a tennis event.
How many tennis events do you think they will have? Are those facilities a permanent revenue stream throughout the offseason? I highly doubt it. Football is the major revenue for the stadium and so is parking.

Again: eliminating a significant portion of parking close to the stadium for a 1 week (max) event is short sighted.

This isn't accurate. The parking lot is utilized a lot in the off season. One example is Cirque de Soleil sets up for 2-3 months in the parking lot. I was actually wondering what will happen to the show now. There are also many events at the stadium throughout the year, concerts and soccer, etc.

This isn't accurate. The parking lot is utilized a lot in the off season. One example is Cirque de Soleil sets up for 2-3 months in the parking lot. I was actually wondering what will happen to the show now. There are also many events at the stadium throughout the year, concerts and soccer, etc.
The Cirque was on the outside lot. So the tennis courts won't interfere with that. But yep on the rest of your points.

regarding the potential new training facility:

@AdamHBeasley: Proposed facility would be 150,000-200,000 square feet, with an 85-to-95-foot high field house.

@AdamHBeasley: Dolphins would build an indoor field house and have two regulation-sized grass fields

@AdamHBeasley: Proposed site of 21-acre complex is on city-owned land between Everglades High and Glade Middle schools

Not sure how 21 acres would compare to the Davie facility

edit:

@AdamHBeasley: Dolphins' current practice facility is roughly 12 acres, making it one of the smallest in the NFL.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom