2019 Organization Chart - Dolphins Coaching | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2019 Organization Chart - Dolphins Coaching

Doesn't look like we made any changes to our Strength & Conditioning staff. Does anyone know? We have had too many injuries the last few years.

Seems weird to me too, Puloka has been with the Dolphins since 2008. If there's been one constant figure with injuries and soft players over the years - it's David Puloka. Not a big fan of the guy.

A friend of the family was in the gym every day, ran miles every morning, ate healthy- died of a heart attack at 45.

There's a saying in spanish, "Lo que esta para ti, nadie te lo quita." When it's your turn it's your turn. Strength and conditioning is not going to stop an injury. Coming back from injury is a different story.

Therein lies the rub of it...

Right. But the player has got to want it. The coaches have very little to do with that. Coaches can motivate but it's up to the player to translate.

Right. But the player has got to want it. The coaches have very little to do with that. Coaches can motivate but it's up to the player to translate.

That goes without saying. When something keeps happening over and over again, you have to look for a common variable as to why it keeps occurring. Same goes with young players that have good college tape, but never develop or harness their raw strength into an everyday NFL player.

As I said, the one constant figure associated with that is David Puloka. When scanning over the Dolphin players over the years, besides the injuries, there's been a number of players that look soft, play soft, and have a lack of core strength.

That goes without saying. When something keeps happening over and over again, you have to look for a common variable as to why it keeps occurring. Same goes with young players that have good college tape, but never develop or harness their raw strength into an everyday NFL player.

As I said, the one constant figure associated with that is David Puloka. When scanning over the Dolphin players over the years, besides the injuries, there's been a number of players that look soft, play soft, and have a lack of core strength.

Can't argue with finding a constant. To me, it has zero correlation.

The biggest beasts I've ever seen don't need strength and conditioning help. Heck, their own/personal offseason programs may be more vigorous than when they get into camp.

It's a keen observation but I promise you it has very, very little to do with the strength and conditioning crew. I have zero facts on that and only experience at the low level but I'd bet my house on it.

There might not be any correlation at all, as you suggested. That said, I believe the most obvious answer is often the simplest one staring you in the face all along. At the very least, Puloka has never struck me as a serious motivator.

You may want to consider the limitations of physical contact during practice. When game time comes along, there is more stress during contact and a lot of that has not been addressed in practice.

It is quite possible that getting stronger in the gym increases the strain players put on their bodies and it's that extra strength, combined with physical stress in a game that exceeds what occurs in practice that is the cause for these injuries.

Like one poster stated, often the most obvious answer is the correct one. The known constants are:

1) There is reduced hard contact during practices due to NFL rules.
2) Strength training makes you stronger.
3) Players are getting bigger every year.

I do not remember any 300 pound players during the 1960's, & 70's. Some of those big guys are over 330 pounds and approaching 350 pounds. We may even be getting to the limits of how much weight and strength the human body can reliably support.

How's that for identifying an obvious cause and effect as opposed to "we have the same trainers, that must be the problem". While having the same trainers might be part of the problem, it could be because they do their job too well.

You may want to consider the limitations of physical contact during practice. When game time comes along, there is more stress during contact and a lot of that has not been addressed in practice.

It is quite possible that getting stronger in the gym increases the strain players put on their bodies and it's that extra strength, combined with physical stress in a game that exceeds what occurs in practice that is the cause for these injuries.

Like one poster stated, often the most obvious answer is the correct one. The known constants are:

1) There is reduced hard contact during practices due to NFL rules.
2) Strength training makes you stronger.
3) Players are getting bigger every year.

I do not remember any 300 pound players during the 1960's, & 70's. Some of those big guys are over 330 pounds and approaching 350 pounds. We may even be getting to the limits of how much weight and strength the human body can reliably support.

How's that for identifying an obvious cause and effect as opposed to "we have the same trainers, that must be the problem". While having the same trainers might be part of the problem, it could be because they do their job too well.

There are mack trucks running at Turbo S speeds on the field now. It's insanity. Imagine these monsters playing with 60s and 70s rules. They'd have to practically make man-slaughter legal.

All great points.

I'd have a crew specifically for stretching. I'd spend just as much time stretching these guys out as working them out.

I have an uncle who runs 12 miles every morning at 70. He was a physical trainer. He swears that stretching, I'm talking about avid stretching, has been his fountain of youth.

But again, this has zero to do with getting bent back over your leg or getting an ankle rolled over on or having your cleat get caught awkwardly on turf. How do you stregth and condition for something like turf toe which I hear is excruciating despite the silly name.

Dude, I wake up injured just from sleeping in the wrong position sometimes. Can you imagine facing the conditioning and collisions these guys go through?

I wonder if we'd get a study on the matter, if injuries would be considered the norm in the league rather than health.

As far as the injuries go, playing in Hard Rock Stadium and having to share the same field with a collegiate team hasn't been a great ordeal either.

"The field is horrendous," texted one league source at the stadium on Saturday. "It's a complete s---show."

https://www.google.com/amp/www.espn...iami-dolphins-game-new-york-jets?platform=amp

Not exactly a conducive environment for keeping and maintaining players' health.

Back
Top Bottom