2019 Organization Chart - Dolphins Coaching | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2019 Organization Chart - Dolphins Coaching

You may want to consider the limitations of physical contact during practice. When game time comes along, there is more stress during contact and a lot of that has not been addressed in practice.

It is quite possible that getting stronger in the gym increases the strain players put on their bodies and it's that extra strength, combined with physical stress in a game that exceeds what occurs in practice that is the cause for these injuries.

Like one poster stated, often the most obvious answer is the correct one. The known constants are:

1) There is reduced hard contact during practices due to NFL rules.
2) Strength training makes you stronger.
3) Players are getting bigger every year.

I do not remember any 300 pound players during the 1960's, & 70's. Some of those big guys are over 330 pounds and approaching 350 pounds. We may even be getting to the limits of how much weight and strength the human body can reliably support.

How's that for identifying an obvious cause and effect as opposed to "we have the same trainers, that must be the problem". While having the same trainers might be part of the problem, it could be because they do their job too well.
Great point Ray. I remember even in the early 80's our O-line didn't had anybody that was 300lbs. Our HOF center was about 250lbs. These guys are bigger than ever and every team is getting more injuries than ever.

You may want to consider the limitations of physical contact during practice. When game time comes along, there is more stress during contact and a lot of that has not been addressed in practice.

It is quite possible that getting stronger in the gym increases the strain players put on their bodies and it's that extra strength, combined with physical stress in a game that exceeds what occurs in practice that is the cause for these injuries.

Like one poster stated, often the most obvious answer is the correct one. The known constants are:

I do not remember any 300 pound players during the 1960's, & 70's. Some of those big guys are over 330 pounds and approaching 350 pounds. We may even be getting to the limits of how much weight and strength the human body can reliably support.

How's that for identifying an obvious cause and effect as opposed to "we have the same trainers, that must be the problem". While having the same trainers might be part of the problem, it could be because they do their job too well.

No doubt the aggressive muscle mania is part of the injury equation...

Regardless of beefed up size, human ligaments tendons cartilage etc. define the weakness in the machine.

Makes sense the more stress you place on the weak areas the more failures you're going to have.

While I certainly think you're correct in some of what you're saying, the idea that players maybe getting hurt because they are too strong and that means the strength coach is doing his job too well, is blasphemous. Strength coaches jobs arent to just get players as strong and bulky as possible. Their jobs are to get them functionally strong, strength in mobility, strength in flexibility, strength in explosion. I highly doubt the strength coaches aren't doing these things. I am just pointing out the fallacy in what a strength coach does with what you said.

While I certainly think you're correct in some of what you're saying, the idea that players maybe getting hurt because they are too strong and that means the strength coach is doing his job too well, is blasphemous. Strength coaches jobs arent to just get players as strong and bulky as possible. Their jobs are to get them functionally strong, strength in mobility, strength in flexibility, strength in explosion. I highly doubt the strength coaches aren't doing these things. I am just pointing out the fallacy in what a strength coach does with what you said.
I believe the fact players are bigger and stronger than ever can lead to "some" injuries because the collisions are harder than ever. Also, they can't tackle in practice as much as they used to so that doesn't help.
But, there's been so many fluke injuries too so really is a combination of things imo that causes all these injuries. It's not just one thing and every team gets them. The list of players that ended on IR last season was very high and it wasn't just the Dolphins.

I believe the fact players are bigger and stronger than ever can lead to "some" injuries because the collisions are harder than ever. Also, they can't tackle in practice as much as they used to so that doesn't help.
But, there's been so many fluke injuries too so really is a combination of things imo that causes all these injuries. It's not just one thing and every team gets them. The list of players that ended on IR last season was very high and it wasn't just the Dolphins.

No I agree. I think players constantly push the boundaries of the human body, for reasons though, in terms of muscle mass vs. mobility. Which can lead to injuries, but also is needed when pushing forward in a sport. Its very similar to how the spike of MLB pitchers getting tommy john surgery because they are throwing harder than ever. Its pushing the human body, but youd rather have a chance of the majors with a chance of getting hurt, rather than throwing 80 MPH and not having a chance past high school...

Nice work, but Comic Sans?

I am good.

It seems I have a buried double meaning working for me and I didn't even realize it. I claim a Freudian slip!

Whoops, doesn't Comic Sans mean "Funny Not"? I still claim a Freudian slip!

:lmfao:

Back
Top Bottom