2019 Tank Or Win | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2019 Tank Or Win

What strategy should the Dolphins take in 2019?

• Tank and try to secure the #1 pick

Votes: 28 57.1%
  • Win! You play to win the game!!

Votes: 21 42.9%

• Total voters
Win the division or the first pick in the 2020 draft. No in between for me.

Howard and Tunsil are all we need to get Lawrence in 2021. You dont ditch an elite LT, but if it meant trading him to a poor team in the Top 3 who needs an LT, in exchange for swapping 1sts....tough call.

Or, you trade 2022 and 2023 1st rounders.

Theres no need to tank.

Howard and Tunsil are all we need to get Lawrence in 2021. You dont ditch an elite LT, but if it meant trading him to a poor team in the Top 3 who needs an LT, in exchange for swapping 1sts....tough call.

Or, you trade 2022 and 2023 1st rounders.

Theres no need to tank.

Tanking is a lot cheaper and a for sure thing. There is no guarantee that someone will trade. Look at the trade for RG3.

If Murray falls to 13 - grab him and build an OL. You will know if you have your QB.
If he isn’t the guy, well there is suck for Sunshine in 2021.
Regardless/ clean out these bad contracts.

Why do I need to build an o line when that guys got elite level feel for space in the run and pass game?

The threat of his legs is gonna generate plenty for you in the run and pass game.

Paired with his plus arm and ball placement away from leverage

If they purge all the bad contracts and go with a youth movement, they will lose a lot of games next season. I have no problem with that as long as the young team plays hard and Grier drafts well. Once they find their QB, success will come.
It took Cleveland a while, but their outlook has changed since Mayfield took over.

Hoops - main reason-
He’s smallish - your OL must be in sync and ready to roll bc a SS coming from the edge around a DE may break the kid in half.
You have to protect the asset.
I don’t think we picked up a DL stunt all year lol. So I get your point- he will help your OL. He will actually make their job easier given pocket presence and feet but I’m concerned given his frame.

Also your OFF will be shotgun and pistol based. You better have some athletic guards that can pull and get downfield.

Hoops - main reason-
He’s smallish - your OL must be in sync and ready to roll bc a SS coming from the edge around a DE may break the kid in half.
You have to protect the asset.
I don’t think we picked up a DL stunt all year lol. So I get your point- he will help your OL. He will actually make their job easier given pocket presence and feet but I’m concerned given his frame.

Also your OFF will be shotgun and pistol based. You better have some athletic guards that can pull and get downfield.

Jess Davis can pull and is athletic. Pull work might be what he does best. Brendel can pull and is an athlete. Josh sitton space work may be his lowest grade of late cause his hands get wide outside the frame work of his body.

My guess is they resign Ja’Wuan James and if they draft Murray they say we’re good on the o line for 2019 status quo.

The qb will offset the rest of it.

This is and always will be such a stupid concept. Build a winning program, however it needs to be done. I can't stand the word "tanking." It makes no freaking sense on a literal basis, never mind sports. What team in any sport has really benefited from losing? None. I live in NH, I'm a Celtics' fan. They tried to get Duncan, and it backfired. They hoped for Durant. Fail. Just because you pick high, doesn't mean ****. Marino was drafted 27th, Brady 6th round, and on the other side, RGIII, Ryan Leaf were drafted high. You need a winning culture and competent people making the decisions. Maybe Grier is it, or not. But trying for some stupid high draft pick by losing will keep you a loser for a long time. It just doesn't work that way, ever.

This site is full of self defeatists.

Anyone who thinks we will be tanking on purpose is an idiot. We will be trying to win... but will end up tanking simply because we suck... not because we are doing it on purpose.

Put me in a coma so I can wake up on draft night of whatever year Miami is going to get “the guy”. I can’t take it otherwise.

I
Jess Davis can pull and is athletic. Pull work might be what he does best. Brendel can pull and is an athlete. Josh sitton space work may be his lowest grade of late cause his hands get wide outside the frame work of his body.

My guess is they resign Ja’Wuan James and if they draft Murray they say we’re good on the o line for 2019 status quo.

The qb will offset the rest of it.
I don’t see how you go into 2019 with the same OL even given Sitton return.
Draft a Guard. Davis becomes swing Guard.
Have to sign a Center.

I

I don’t see how you go into 2019 with the same OL even given Sitton return.
Draft a Guard. Davis becomes swing Guard.
Have to sign a Center.

I like brendel more than you do it appears. Davis as a swing guard I do like that. But I kinda feel like he’s gonna be given the rg job comp free in 2019 again.
I see where your heads at though. I just like brendel more than you do likely.

Davis was a major disappointment in 18

Always play to win. You can't purposely lose for any certain players. No player is a guaranteed success in the pros and even if they were they could tear a knee or something to pieces the last game of their college and never be the same. You can go younger but you still need vets on the team also for leadership and other things but you always play to win.

Just draft better and put a coaching staff in place that knows what the hell they're doing. And there's no reason this team won't be better next year than this season. There should hopefully be a good draft class to fill some holes and the young players from this season....Fitz, X, Baker, McMillan, Gesicki, etc, should be much improved with more experience and we'll get playmakers like Wilson, Grant back on the field. If we can find a competent qb like Foles, Flacco, a rookie, or whoever, and the coaching is improved...which I don't see how it couldn't be, then this team can compete for the playoffs next season as well.

It’s not about trying to lose actual games. The way to tank? Easy, hire a head coach that has never had any management experience or actually been a defensive or offensive coordinator (ahem, Flores) and the. Don’t sign a viable qb prospect veteran, and use rookie qb from draft, or go with someone like Fales.

Then you can go ahead and “play to win every game” and you will likely draft in the top 3 or 4 the following season. See? It’s easy...

Back
Top Bottom