2020 Compensatory Picks Potential | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2020 Compensatory Picks Potential

Fin Fan in Cali

Fins Up!
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
https://overthecap.com/2020-compensatory-picks-potential/

• The quantity of unrestricted free agents eligible for the compensatory formula. Teams with more pending UFAs will have more opportunities for players to count in their comp pick formula on the positive side of compensatory free agents (CFAs) lost. Teams that lose a high quantity of CFAs may also be able to sign low level CFAs of their own without risking the cancellation of higher valued CFAs. You can take a look at all UFAs by going to OTC’s main free agency page, and filter the list by UFA.
  • The quality of unrestricted free agents eligible for the compensatory formula. Teams that have a low number of pending UFAs may still have one or two players that are expected to garner a high level contract elsewhere. In this case, these teams may try to eschew signing CFAs to ensure that they can get a high comp pick for the high level players in question.
  • Salary cap space. Teams with a low amount of cap space may naturally get some comp picks simply because they’re unable to spend much in free agency. Teams with the most cap space, even if they have a high quantity or quality of CFAs lost, may have no choice to cancel them out in an effort to improve their roster. As always, you can find OTC’s real time estimates of each team’s cap space here.

Dolphins
Pending UFAs: 16

The only notable young name on the Dolphins’ list is Ja’Wuan James, whose five year rookie deal is expiring. Other than that, the Dolphins only really have long time veterans like Cameron Wake, William Hayes, and Frank Gore that might continue their careers beyond Miami. Don’t look for a lot of action here unless the Dolphins make a concerted effort to avoid free agency. Potential: Low

Doesn't all Miami's compensatory picks go to the Patriots just because.;)

Wonder what we'll get for Tannehill?

Oh Wait, did I just set myself up for a handful of derogatory Ryan remarks.

I wish the NFL would finally just come clean on their method for awarding these picks.

dart-throwing-feat-img.jpg

Does anyone know if we rescind the 5th year option for Parker would we be eligible to get a comp pick for him? Or would that fall under the player cut category

Ok but not as of yet. In the next 2 weeks a lot is going to happen. The NFL shuffle is upon us as of 3/13/19

They wouldn't get any compensatory picks even if they traded him. He would have to be a free agent and leave to get those picks.

Does anyone know if we rescind the 5th year option for Parker would we be eligible to get a comp pick for him? Or would that fall under the player cut category

Wouldn't bet my life on it, but I would bet a $1000 that you wouldn't get a pick in that situation.

I know he’s not a great player that would get a high return for a comp pick. But he is still young and WR market is really bare someone will overpay for him and take a shot. If he gets a medium sized contract a 6-7th round comp pick doesn’t seem unreasonable

Wouldn't bet my life on it, but I would bet a $1000 that you wouldn't get a pick in that situation.

I'm pretty sure if we rescind prior to the start of free agency, he will become a UFA and eligible for comp pick.

I asked this before, and I believe the most likely answer is yes. I'd highly consider it, I don't think he ever develops into a reliable player for us, and is a young former first round wr- someone will take a chance on him

I think our best shot at a pick is letting James walk, and if his asking price gets too high, I wouldn't be against letting him walk because by the looks of it we are gutting the roster.

Unless any one over pays Wake or Gore, I can't see us getting any compensatory picks with our free agent crop this year.

OV!

But I was told guards, specifically elite ones in their prime like Zeitler are super valuable and OV is overrated LMAO!

Browns D gonna be nasty now, smart move by them :hclap:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...trade-olivier-vernon-to-browns-for-ol-zeitler

Wtf is this post even? Nothing to do with comp picks. And does nothing to prove your theory of "OV deserves that monster massive contract"

Article talks about their recent second round pick emerging, thus they wanted to move Zeitler and have an enormous amount of cap space

Big Blue was seeking to trade Vernon, who is due $15.25 million in base salary in 2019 and 2020, ahead of free agency. What looked to be an untradeable contract found a home with the cap-flush Browns.

hmm

ps. guards are valuable. and more of them are higher paid than most of the tops RTs

Back
Top Bottom