2020 DRAFT LAS VEGAS | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2020 DRAFT LAS VEGAS

miamb113

Active Roster
Reaction score
Whats up guys, sorry if there is a thread about this already.

Was just wondering who was going to the draft this year in Vegas.

Ill be there and wanted to see if anyone knows of anything good going on that weekend involving the draft.

I might be going with a Dolphins buddy. No clear plans yet. Good news with LV is there's always ample hotel availability for a last minute
decision.

Went to the combine in Indy last year and the draft in Nashville. Both experiences we're Awesome man.

I'll be there, anybody got a connect on hotels? Prices are high!
I ran luxury hotels for 20 years. So, a little inside tip. For Vegas, if you can wait until the day of, Hotel Tonight is a great site and app where hotels put distressed inventory on in the day for the day. They usually list it starting at 2pm that day. it's a gutsy way to travel but you can get a hellacious deal on there. You can book for multiple nights when you book but for day one of your stay you can't book or even see rates until 2 pm.

Another tip is go to the hotel's website itself. They will honor Expedia and other third party rates so you get the same price but THEN the actual staff controls the reservation so getting an upgrade is way more likely.

Grease the front desk staff for an upgrade. It's really as simple as laying a $50 on the desk and telling them it's yours if you can get upgraded to a suite, penthouse, etc. When doing this, make sure you look at your bill at checkout though. Every once in a while, you'll run across an agent who will take your money but also jack your rate. if this happens, you just ask for the supervisor on the way out at check out and tell them you were offered a complimentary upgrade.

A simple $50 can get your room upgraded by $400 a night.

Tip housekeeping before you leave your room on last day. $5 a day for these people that never get tipped makes a huge deal to those people. They make peanuts.

I ran luxury hotels for 20 years. So, a little inside tip. For Vegas, if you can wait until the day of, Hotel Tonight is a great site and app where hotels put distressed inventory on in the day for the day. They usually list it starting at 2pm that day. it's a gutsy way to travel but you can get a hellacious deal on there. You can book for multiple nights when you book but for day one of your stay you can't book or even see rates until 2 pm.

Another tip is go to the hotel's website itself. They will honor Expedia and other third party rates so you get the same price but THEN the actual staff controls the reservation so getting an upgrade is way more likely.

Grease the front desk staff for an upgrade. It's really as simple as laying a $50 on the desk and telling them it's yours if you can get upgraded to a suite, penthouse, etc. When doing this, make sure you look at your bill at checkout though. Every once in a while, you'll run across an agent who will take your money but also jack your rate. if this happens, you just ask for the supervisor on the way out at check out and tell them you were offered a complimentary upgrade.

Tip housekeeping before you leave your room on last day. $5 a day for these people that never get tipped makes a huge deal to those people. They make peanuts.
damn bro I need to go w you

Uh WOW. I did not expect such an awesome life hack on finheaven today. This is epic advice. I knew about the hotels tonight but the upgrade thing is genius. First time this works for me, Im buying Fin Loco VIP for a year.

This is awesome. Thank you very much for sharing.

Whats up guys, sorry if there is a thread about this already.

Was just wondering who was going to the draft this year in Vegas.

Ill be there and wanted to see if anyone knows of anything good going on that weekend involving the draft.

I’m going... have my reservations....Tommy Rockers is a Dolphin bar hosting a draft party... Big O will be there!

So clutch! I'm flying out solo, via buddy pass since my sister works for Jetblue (hopefully flying standby isn't the L) to meet some of my college teammates. We plan on golfing early in the day and hanging out at night. I'm sure it'll be a great time! Haven't been to Vegas since the Floyd Mayweather and Maidana fight when I lived in Los Angeles. What happens in Vegas...

Back
Top Bottom