2020 draft re-do | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2020 draft re-do

Tupac Shakur

troublesome
Club Member
Reaction score
ok if you were picking at the same spots we were who would you pick? no hypothetical trades. and this assumes we traded for breida and the other trades.

5. Tua Tagovailoa QB (same)
18. Justin Jefferson WR (Austin Jackson OL)
30. Antoine Winfield Jr DB (Noah Igbinoghene CB)
39. Robert Hunt OL (same)
56. Matt Hennessy OL (Raekwon Davis DL)
70. Josh Jones OL (Brandon Jones S)
111. Rashard Lawrence DL (Solomon Kindley OL)
154. Hakeem Adeniji OL (Jason Strowbridge DL)
164. Curtis Weaver EDGE (same)
185. Eno Benjamin RB (Blake Ferguson LS)
246. Malcolm Perry WR (same)

Where did you get this from?

18. K’Lavon Chaisson EDGE (Austin Jackson OL)

30. Ezra Cleveland OT (Noah Igbinoghene CB)

39. Kristian Fulton CB (Robert Hunt OG)

56. Jeremy Chinn SS (Raekwon Davis DL)

70. Josh Jones OT (Brandon Jones SS)

136. Shane Lemieux OG (Kindley OG)

140. Tyler Biadasz C (Solomon Kindley OG)

154. Jason Strowbridge DL (same)

18. K’Lavon Chaisson EDGE (Austin Jackson OL)

30. Ezra Cleveland OT (Noah Igbinoghene CB)

39. Kristian Fulton CB (Robert Hunt OG)

56. Jeremy Chinn SS (Raekwon Davis DL)

70. Josh Jones OT (Brandon Jones SS)

136. Shane Lemieux OG (Kindley OG)

140. Tyler Biadasz C (Solomon Kindley OG)

154. Jason Strowbridge DL (same)

I have to admit I like this Draft.

But anyone doing this has the huge advantage of hindsight.

After Tua at 5 the only pick/player combo I desperately wanted was Jordan Love at 26. That was an extraordinary opportunity that we gave away due to overboard reliance on dull conventional wisdom.

Otherwise I was hoping for Davion Taylor at 70. I wouldn't have been unhappy with Josh Jones at that point. Brandon Jones was the one pick from the first two days that really startled me because I didn't view him in that range. I think Jones was startled himself, if you look at the reaction in that home when he was picked.

Let's face it, everyone tries to make themselves look smarter than the actual outcome in situations like this. I try to be aware of real world situational influence. I probably would have picked Malcolm Perry before the 7th round. I also could easily have picked Curtis Weaver before the fifth round. Other names who would have tempted me were Bryce Hall and Donovan Peoples-Jones and JR Reed. But I was doing other things at the time was semi-watching the draft so I didn't have precise spots where I would have targeted them. I don't even remember exactly where they were picked. Those names were sticking in my mind as good players who were slipping far below their ability level.

5 Tua
18 McKinney
30 Josh Jones
39 Shaunalt
56 Chinn
70. Cushenberry
This is what I would’ve done at that pick not using hindsight or I would have taken jones at 70

Several fans stubbornly clinging to drafting one of the safeties in the first round is funny to me.

They clearly don’t grasp the concept that safety isn’t a position considered as valuable as others. Or that the 2020 class didn’t knock any franchises socks off.

Not one of franchises with a first round pick drafted a S. None of the teams w/o a first round pick made a trade up to land one of them.

But you guys believe you know better than everyone else and still would have drafted one in the first round. Brilliant.

I surely hope none of you are mocking the Dolphins or some other franchise for ‘overdrafting‘ or ‘reaching‘ for a player while you continue to subscribe a strategy not one GM agreed with. Not one.

The first safety didn’t come off the board until pick #36.

Meanwhile, SIX corners were drafted before that time. All in the first round.

It’s time to get with the times, ladies and gentleman. CB is a much more valuable position than S.

The Dolphins made the right choice opting for a CB over a Safety in rd 1, regardless whether Igbinoghene ends up being the right one or not.

Last edited:
I wanted a Safety but would not have taken one in Round 1.

The R Davis pick was the spot to get one and obviously they did not love any of them(or value any of them)enough to make that call.

They did take one with their very next pick though, so drafting Chinn or Davis at 56 would not have been a stretch.

I would have been tempted by Uche at 56 as well.

I don't hate the Davis pick but I think I would have gone a different way.

Tua
Jackson
Jonathan Taylor
Hunt
Chinn
Bowden
same
same
same
same
Tae Crowder

I don’t know how to put this as are you kidding me to be nice and not have moderators come down on me. This is something you do 3 to 5 years from now. This makes no sense at all.

I don’t know how to put this as are you kidding me to be nice and not have moderators come down on me. This is something you do 3 to 5 years from now. This makes no sense at all.
It’s fine to look back and see what could’ve been.. not a big deal with nothing else going on

Back
Top Bottom