2020 Draft we could have had | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2020 Draft we could have had

I know what you’re saying and that was always the discussion at the time. My argument is that we should’ve stayed at 12 and not moved up. Waddle is not a generational player like ceedee or Jefferson who were both taken in the middle of the first. That draft was loaded with talent. We could’ve probably taken waddle at 12 if not smith would’ve been just fine. Also why do we keep drafting for need? Parsons would’ve been great and we drafted philips that yr so it’s not as if we weren’t looking for a pass rusher. The previous yr we reached for AJ when there was much better talent around that pick like the 2 wrs that I mentioned above
Totally get this especially looking back and knowing we could have gotten Parsons plus had another first round pick in '22. I get it but man we were desperate for WR help at the time so I'm not going to complain too much there, he came in had over 1000 yds and lead the team in receptions. And we're still struggling for quality WR's year's later beyond him and Hill so pretty glad we have him.

Now he does need to hit the jugs machine pretty hard this offseason.

Totally get this especially looking back and knowing we could have gotten Parsons plus had another first round pick in '22. I get it but man we were desperate for WR help at the time so I'm not going to complain too much there, he came in had over 1000 yds and lead the team in receptions. And we're still struggling for quality WR's year's later beyond him and Hill so pretty glad we have him.

Now he does need to hit the jugs machine pretty hard this offseason.
It goes back to drafting for need. You had 2 wrs that you could’ve had the previous year instead of drafting AJ. Two receivers that are generational talents. We drafted AJ instead because we were also desperate for a T. We got desperate because the top 5 T were gone and reached for a guy that was raw and probably would’ve been there later. And if he wasn’t, nobody would be losing sleep over it.

you realize that in Jordan Love's first year starting, he threw for more TD's in a single season than Tua ever has in a single season AND he won a playoff game with far less talent at WR and RB. I'm not saying that Jordan Love is already better than Tua but to laugh at Jordan Love when he has already accomplished some things Tua hasn't done yet in his first year as a starter doesn't deserve to be scoffed at.
And Herbert had a great first year too.

Pump the brakes on the 1 year player love. (Pun intended)

And Herbert had a great first year too.

Pump the brakes on the 1 year player love. (Pun intended)

Nah, I think I’ll trust Green Bay’s history of developing QB’s and Love’s freak show talent.

Nah, I think I’ll trust Green Bay’s history of developing QB’s and Love’s freak show talent.
I know. Everyone lives the flash in the pan guys.

Lets' see how the NFC treats him with some film on him now.

I also think a couple teams passed on Jordan in NBA draft. That must be the worst

5. OT Tristan Wirfs

18. WR Justin Jefferson

26. QB Jordan Love - If we didnt trade down to select Noah.

39. RB Jonathan Taylor or S Antoine Winfield

56. DT Justin Madubuike

All of those players are Pro Bowlers except Jordan Love.

Ironically the only player who we selected to make the Pro Bowl was Tua but I would rather have Jordan Love.
I think the best part of thinking about this would be currently trying to sign all of these guys to extensions at the same time. LOL.

Let’s see…

$20m+ per year for Wirfs
$30m+ per year for Jefferson
$50m+ per year for Love
$14m per year for Taylor
$20m per year for Madubuike

Back
Top Bottom