2020 Draft | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2020 Draft

jawa3913

Practice Squad
Reaction score
How many picks should the Dolphins use for o-line? I say 6.

Don't hold your breath. I can see two in the first 3 rounds and we have 7 picks but we need a couple in free agency. No need imo to go O-line in the late rounds as we already have enough of those guys on the team.

We can be hopeful say a tackle at around 8 with the Steelers pick and a guard or center around 20 with the houston pick but I wouldn't reach. Just pick BPA with 2 first round picks on the line though we could be much improved especially if we use our top 10 pick next year on a RB

I'm with you, but if Tua blows up like Dan did; they're gonna need to build that defense asap.

I trust Grier and co. to find the golden ratio. Ideally, I would draft quality above needs in the first. If that's a quality guard and center, so be it.

First, they need to look at 2020 and 2021 drafts. Try their best to determine what each draft is top heavy in and factor that in accordingly.

They also might like the idea of drafting the types of positions that typically take a year to develop(DL, interior OL) and stay away from quick return positions like RB. This would temper the success in the short term, in order to maximize the 2021 return.

Obviously it depends on who is sitting there. But in my mind the 1st round is QB,Defense, Defense. 2nd round o-line and defense. I just don't want to leave defense as is. We can hit o-line in FA and draft. Defense still needs lots of work.

Unless there's a stud tackle there with our 3rd 1st, ( I could see us dealing one of our #1"s), I see 2nd and 3rd's. Corner is a big need and nobody knows what's going to happen with our 1st pick (QB?)

I'm sure we will take an OL or 2 if the value is there, but I'm not relying on rookies to come in and start.

I solve the OL for 2020 in FA. We have the $$ to spend, use the draft for dynamic playmakers (corners, pass rushers, skill positions).

If Tua is the pick we can hold off on tackle till the last pick in the first round or even later. If Prince pans out we might not need to go tackle at all in the first 2 rounds.

I wouldnt mind a center and a guard though.

Hopefully the majority of the picks will be used to pick defensive players. The defense they now have is one of the worst defenses in NFL history.

I guess they are going to use their first pick on a QB and one of their other first round pick should be used on an offensive lineman. Free agency should be used to bring in a couple of more offensive linemen and hopefully 3 or 4 of the offensive linemen now on the roster will develop as the year goes along.

The 2021 draft can be used to continue to build the defense and to draft a top tier WR, as well as a RB and a TE.

I think this rebuilding process is going to take at least 3 years. It will only be that short if the front office actually drafts talented players and uses their cap space to sign productive players who buy into the program and not just veteran players looking for a final big contract.

Depending on whos available with the Pitt & Hou picks, I would grab a OT in the 1st and a G or C in the 3rd. Dieter looks like a solid starter and Davis was extended. It would be nice if Prince works out too but it looks like we will need 3 starters for now.

Back
Top Bottom