2020 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

umpalu

FinHeaven VIP
Reaction score
We need another year to start a dynasty, but the more I do my homework on guys coming back from injury, draft picks, what we have. We are straight explosive if we hit our high. It could be brought already if that matches up on both sides of the ball.

I also feel as though the team greatly improved this off season. We used FA wisely and got some very good additions and we drafted well and snared our franchise QB without trading up. The players we chose for our o-line seem to be the right kind of guys that we needed to fortify things. I see a much more talented o-line, Karras at C will be big. Our RBs both seem to fit the bill. One is a tough guy and one is supposed to be the fastest back in the NFL. We will have a quality run game. This offense will be twice as good. Plays will have a chance to develop. The receiving core looks strong with Parker, Williams leading the way and I expect Tua and Gisecki to become great friends. On D, teams better not sleep on this new Dolphin defense with Flo being the mastermind.

I don't know if I would bet that Jones leads Miami in ints, much less set an NFl record for them.
Fair enough. I will smack my dreams back down to earth with an amendment. Also I guess it doesn’t make sense since he has a laughably low number of picks in a career.

“Xavien Howard breaks the Dolphins INT record”

I may have hit the bong one too many times

So many new faces and young players. Anything is possible, but the team could be drastically better and still be in the 5-7 win range. On paper, it's a tough schedule with games against the NFC West where there really isn't a bad team. I don't think we'll see many blowout like early last year either.

It's possible that Miami contends, but a lot of things would have to come together quickly. A factor is a potentially shorter training camp etc., which favors those veteran teams.

Fair enough. I will smack my dreams back down to earth with an amendment. Also I guess it doesn’t make sense since he has a laughably low number of picks in a career.

“Xavien Howard breaks the Dolphins INT record”

I may have hit the bong one too many times

If Howard is healthy, it should be a strong possibility with Jones on the other side. Xavien has Surtain's blanket ability and Madison's ball skils.

To your last point, it's not possible to hit the bong too many times. If you can lift your arms, you can keep going.

So many new faces and young players. Anything is possible, but the team could be drastically better and still be in the 5-7 win range. On paper, it's a tough schedule with games against the NFC West where there really isn't a bad team. I don't think we'll see many blowout like early last year either.

It's possible that Miami contends, but a lot of things would have to come together quickly. A factor is a potentially shorter training camp etc., which favors those veteran teams.

Agree, plus, as a fwe of us keep reminding, the 1st 4-6 games will be a period when new players are still learning the playbook, and 3 of those teams are NE, SF, SEA

If you look at the roster Miami has, with what they did last year with nowhere as much talent...it's pretty hard not to get excited, and maybe easily overevaluate Miami's chances this coming year.

The one part of the team that you can't feel very comfortable with is the O-LINE (A big one), but if the line manages to at least be solid....
Jackson-Flowers-Karras-Davis(Deiter)-Hunt
Or
Jackson-Flowers-Karras-Hunt-Davis

I think either one can at the very least be solid.

QB- A vet that knows this could be his last year...A 3rd year QB that knows he needs to prove himself...An eventual Franchise QB of the highest order that seems at the moment to be outworking everyone.

RB- Two talented RBs that compliment each other with power and speed/Agility.

WR- Two tall athletic overpowering Receivers, two fast receivers, one or two good possession receiver.

TE- Though no true TE that can block well, Miami possibly has a star in the making at TE...unfortunately, nothing behind him.

D-LINE- The D-line is full of guys that play the run well, with a bit of possible pass-rushing skill.

LB- Has some skill against the run, with maybe even better pass-rushing skill.

Secondary-Though the safety position could be better, as a whole, this may be the best part of the team...passing on Miami might be tough for most teams.

Just to be clear, I am not going off the reservation thinking Miami is going to be awesome next year...Just saying, I am just a bit off the reservation thinking that this team might be as good as it wants to be if some areas work themselves out....which very slightly includes watching Miami Football in February.

Yea, Jones leading the team in INTs is tough to see, let alone set a record. He is a great cover corner but is legally blind to spheroid shaped objects.

I think all the young and new players on the roster and not having OTA’s and off season practices with the coaches is going to affect the Dolphins early in the season. Like last season I expect them to improve as the season goes along but I still think 7 wins is their maximum in 2020. Winning only 5 or 6 games will not surprise me. It is going to take the OL most of the season to become a cohesive unit and that is only if they can remain healthy and not constantly have to use backups as frequently as they have had to do the last several seasons.

While the defense should be better this season, they will have another first time DC running the defense and the last couple of first time DC’s weren’t anything to write home about. I have been stating all along that the Dolphins still need another draft and free agency period and the younger players development before this team will contend for a playoff spot. I would love to see them in the playoffs this season but I think it will be the 2021 season before the playoffs become a real possibility.

If you look at the roster Miami has, with what they did last year with nowhere as much talent...it's pretty hard not to get excited, and maybe easily overevaluate Miami's chances this coming year.

The one part of the team that you can't feel very comfortable with is the O-LINE (A big one), but if the line manages to at least be solid....
Jackson-Flowers-Karras-Davis(Deiter)-Hunt
Or
Jackson-Flowers-Karras-Hunt-Davis

I think either one can at the very least be solid.

QB- A vet that knows this could be his last year...A 3rd year QB that knows he needs to prove himself...An eventual Franchise QB of the highest order that seems at the moment to be outworking everyone.

RB- Two talented RBs that compliment each other with power and speed/Agility.

WR- Two tall athletic overpowering Receivers, two fast receivers, one or two good possession receiver.

TE- Though no true TE that can block well, Miami possibly has a star in the making at TE...unfortunately, nothing behind him.

D-LINE- The D-line is full of guys that play the run well, with a bit of possible pass-rushing skill.

LB- Has some skill against the run, with maybe even better pass-rushing skill.

Secondary-Though the safety position could be better, as a whole, this may be the best part of the team...passing on Miami might be tough for most teams.

Just to be clear, I am not going off the reservation thinking Miami is going to be awesome next year...Just saying, I am just a bit off the reservation thinking that this team might be as good as it wants to be if some areas work themselves out....which very slightly includes watching Miami Football in February.
I would expect the "D" to be ready to play. Of course there will be missed assignments, and misreads by the young guys, but we should be a solid consistent unit by midseason.

Where to start with the "O" line. The good news is, we have a lot of potential moving parts, and it would be nearly impossible to be that ineffective again.

The bad news is, we have a lot of moving pieces that are nothing more than potential, or have had limited success.

We are fine at WR, barring injuries. Maybe not a top 10 unit, but maybe they are. if DP Wilson and Williams can remain healthy, add in MG, and that's a lot of potential mismatches/coverage breakdowns.

Our secondary is, by far our best unit........on paper.

I have no doubt our coaches will have them playing assignment and technique sound ball. The difference between good and great will likely be in how X comes back. If he can get back to 2018 level, we may well be one of the top DB rooms in the league.

Back
Top Bottom