2021 Composite Rankings (Offense) | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2021 Composite Rankings (Offense)

I second that! Your rankings are AWESOME!
I consult them heavily every year.
I'm grateful that you take the time to research and then share with us.
What a GIFT!
Priceless!

Can't wait for the Defense!
I think Miami needs to draft some young players for the front 7 this year, if the value is there.

Thank you!

RW

I'm with you to a degree, I think Eskridge is a special football player with some 1st round abilities in terms of speed, acceleration, burst, explosion. T.Y. Hilton was a kid that I listed as underrated so many times even going back to his sophomore year after I watched him against Alabama when we opened the season with FIU. I think the comparison with Eskridge is dead on.

Even more is how unselfish and dedicated to his team Eskridge was to keep switching back and forth between DB and WR. Ironically I think you can sometimes learn more about how to play WR by playing DB and vice versa - and I think that's something that ended up benefiting him even though he may not have known it at the time. But you can't coach that kid's speed and burst. You might as well sit your a** down and drink some gatorade if he gets a step on you. You ain't gon catch him.

So true. That move to DB is one of the several extra somethings to which I was referring. How many coaches are going to adore that? It's cliché but you know Belichick would, him being the guy that moved Troy Brown to CB.

There's a FIGHT in him. It's sort of like, once you see it, you see it, but it's hard to put your finger on it. Maybe it's how vicious he is with his hands breaking a guy's fingers for trying to lock onto him. That quick hand crack has been there for years, whether it's on the jam or in run blocking. Or maybe it's the way he plays and competes with a guy who is traveling with him to try and lock him down, looks him dead in the eye and strings moves on him that leave him in the dust. I dunno. I just know it's there.

And the speed and control on his speed are one thing. The one-step change of direction is something else. The angle on this cut could've been drawn on a whiteboard.

I don't think you could keep me away from him later on in the 1st round if I needed a WR.

I don’t feel very compelled by the TE class outside of Pitts, but if the Dolphins aren’t walking out with one each from the following groups of players, then they’re probably making a mistake:

RB - Najee Harris, Javonte Williams, Travis Etienne

WR1 - Devonta Smith, Jaylen Waddle, Ja’Marr Chase, D’Wayne Eskridge, Tutu Atwell, Amari Rodgers

OL1 - Dillon Radunz, Penei Sewell, Alex Leatherwood, Creed Humphrey, Brady Christensen, Christian Darrisaw, Rashawn Slater, Liam Eichenberg, Jalen Mayfield

OL2 - Aaron Banks, Quinn Meinerz, Wyatt Davis, Drew Dalman, Spencer Brown, Landon Dickerson, Trey Smith, Sadarius Hutcherson, Robert Hainsey

WR2 - Terrace Marshall, Rashod Bateman, Demetric Felton, Kadarius Toney, Austin Watkins, Warren Jackson, Dez Fitzpatrick, Tylan Wallace, Elijah Moore, Sage Surratt, Nico Collins

They have more than enough ammunition to do so. They need to make it happen.

Some positions to target opportunistically:

OLB: Jayson Oweh, Azeez Ojulari, Joseph Ossai, Jaelen Phillips, Elerson Smith, Daelin Hayes

LB: Zaven Collins, Micah Parsons, Baron Browning, Jabril Cox, K.J. Britt

DE/DL: Gregory Rousseau, Kwity Paye, Cam Sample, Osa Odighizuwa, Carlos Basham, Dayo Odeyingbo, Ade Ogundeji, Payton Turner, Janarius Robinson, Joshua Kaindoh, Chauncey Golston

Bateman to me is the wild card in the receiver group. He is the reason I don't think we need to reach for a receiver at #3. This kid has the ability to be viewed upon as the best receiver in this class 5 years from now. He is a dynamic route runner and has enough speed and size to separate both off the line and further down field and can also play both the slot and outside.

It will be extremely tough for us to mess up this draft.

I don’t feel very compelled by the TE class outside of Pitts, but if the Dolphins aren’t walking out with one each from the following groups of players, then they’re probably making a mistake:

RB - Najee Harris, Javonte Williams, Travis Etienne

WR1 - Devonta Smith, Jaylen Waddle, Ja’Marr Chase, D’Wayne Eskridge, Tutu Atwell, Amari Rodgers

OL1 - Dillon Radunz, Penei Sewell, Alex Leatherwood, Creed Humphrey, Brady Christensen, Christian Darrisaw, Rashawn Slater, Liam Eichenberg, Jalen Mayfield

OL2 - Aaron Banks, Quinn Meinerz, Wyatt Davis, Drew Dalman, Spencer Brown, Landon Dickerson, Trey Smith, Sadarius Hutcherson, Robert Hainsey

WR2 - Terrace Marshall, Rashod Bateman, Demetric Felton, Kadarius Toney, Austin Watkins, Warren Jackson, Dez Fitzpatrick, Tylan Wallace, Elijah Moore, Sage Surratt, Nico Collins

They have more than enough ammunition to do so. They need to make it happen.

Pitts is so much better than the average TE1 that he raises the average, but Freiermuth and Jordan would be TE1 or TE2 in a few recent classes imo. But, I agree that Pitts is the only one I'd go out of my way for.

I like T. Marshall more than most of the guys you have in the WR1 group (E. Moore and Bateman, too), but I guess that speaks to the depth of the class as much as anything.

T. Jenkins would be in my OL1 group, as well. Anyway, I agree with the overall point that passing on this group of WR's and OL would be a huge mistake.

Pitts is so much better than the average TE1 that he raises the average, but Freiermuth and Jordan would be TE1 or TE2 in a few recent classes imo. But, I agree that Pitts is the only one I'd go out of my way for.

I like T. Marshall more than most of the guys you have in the WR1 group (E. Moore and Bateman, too), but I guess that speaks to the depth of the class as much as anything.

T. Jenkins would be in my OL1 group, as well. Anyway, I agree with the overall point that passing on this group of WR's and OL would be a huge mistake.

I haven’t looked at Tevin Jenkins quite yet. Not ruling him out of that first group.

I like Terrace Marshall but the fact is Miami doesn’t need his skill set as much as they need those in the first group. That’s why there are different groups.

If Friermuth is there at 2A I wait until 2B to take a RB and grab him without hesitation

Not sure I can find a WR with better athletic traits than Fehoko - I think PW mentioned him before. A physical freak. Not as many snaps as you'd like and a few drops on tape but I'd like to see what Godsey would do with him.

I would love me some Brevin Jordan.

The safe bit to protect Tua would be Sewell, Harris in round one with the best reciever left at the top of round 2. After that it's a bit of a gamble. Trade back hopefully in the top 10 gamble one of the top 3 recievers are there grab that extra 2nd same at 18 trade back in the mid 20s hope you have one of those top rbs then grab a center/guard at the top of 2nd. After that with that loot hopefully there is some edge opportunity to use it on. We desperately need a MLB to stop the run. Another S and DT would not hurt either.

What's the thinking on Alijah Vera-Tucker?

This year you watch him at tackle and he plays like he's fighting in the Octagon. It's very impressive the way he moves his feet and shoots his hands. He shows tenacity, explosiveness, the athleticism of an animal used to moving on two legs. It's not that there aren't issues. He seems high to me when he's playing tackle. It's part of that look he has like he's in MMA instead of NCAA. Austin Jackson had a bit of that too. Really I'm just worried about his arm length and whether he's got the physical frame to be more than like a Sam Baker at left tackle. It's funny how the brain works I seriously did not try and think of another USC player, it's just the guy that comes to mind when I look at AVT play left tackle.

And yet, I've watched the guy play Left Guard in 2019 and he looks like he should be on Prozac. Completely different player. As guard you're forced to sit lower and bend your knees a little more, and I wonder if he's just exponentially less interesting when asked to do so.

Back
Top Bottom