2023 hindsight | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2023 hindsight

normaniii

Active Roster
Reaction score
Last year I posted a thread, relating to Rick Spielman, former GM saying, certain scouts, GMs etc are better at projecting certain positions.

Looking into CG drafts he was terrible at offense but had an amazing 50% hit on defensive players.

So keeping stupid, simple, I said he should stick to what he's good at:-

Dont trade for Ramsey.
Don't trade for Chubb.
Trade C. Wilkins -(seahawks traded a 2 & 5 for Leonard Williams).

In hindsight just selecting players, same position with those picks.

1.Nolan Smith DE
2.Riley Moss CB

Extra 2 & 4 in this year's draft and extra cap space.

Would we be better off or not?

Last year I posted a thread, relating to Rick Spielman, former GM saying, certain scouts, GMs etc are better at projecting certain positions.

Looking into CG drafts he was terrible at offense but had an amazing 50% hit on defensive players.

Dont trade for Ramsey.
Don't trade for Chubb.

1.Nolan Smith DE
2.Riley Moss CB

If my aunt had balls she’d be my uncle.

To be fair to the OP, the idea that Grier should stick to only what he's good at is a good one. At times, Grier does a nice job of wheeling and dealing and accumulating draft picks, but sometimes he gets carried away and doesn't stop when he should stop. And, in hindsight, there were plenty of times when he'd make a good move, and then reach for player instead of taking a highly ranked prospect who would turn out to be very good. IOW, while he's made some good picks, he's also made a bunch of questionable picks... bypassing elite talent at positions of need, and instead reaching for projects. And, most important of all, someone other than Grier needs to build the o-line.

To be fair to the OP, the idea that Grier should stick to only what he's good at is a good one. At times, Grier does a nice job of wheeling and dealing and accumulating draft picks, but sometimes he gets carried away and doesn't stop when he should stop. And, in hindsight, there were plenty of times when he'd make a good move, and then reach for player instead of taking a highly ranked prospect who would turn out to be very good. IOW, while he's made some good picks, he's also made a bunch of questionable picks... bypassing elite talent at positions of need, and instead reaching for projects. And, most important of all, someone other than Grier needs to build the o-line.
Good points. I think Grier hasn't been the only one to blame on the offensive line. Miami has turned over offensive line coaches almost yearly with that lack of stability and teaching having a negative impact on development.

Barry was an excellent pickup last year and maybe the missing piece in actually developing players. Jackson suddenly started to reach his ceiling. Seemingly every player on the offensive line at least held their own.

Honestly, with the number of injuries on that unit I expected the Dolphins to fall out of the race. Surprisingly, that didn't happen.

So, I'm more hopeful that Grier can draft offensive linemen who can now be developed.

I've read he has help with his staff particularly his No2 who is supposedly very highly thought of.
The hope is our first 2 draft picks are day 1 starters and produce at a Hugh level

Grier gets credited for building a dam to the stop the flood he caused lol

Dont trade for Ramsey.
Don't trade for Chubb.

1.Nolan Smith DE
2.Riley Moss CB

Always Sunny Reaction GIF

Reaction GIF

I've read he has help with his staff particularly his No2 who is supposedly very highly thought of.
The hope is our first 2 draft picks are day 1 starters and produce at a Hugh level
Right. Definitely have to be starters and hopefully good right away.

Not true you can identity as anything you want in this crazy modern world regardless of the genitals you possess.
well, ye. Sex =/= Gender, though for 98.5% of people they align.
Not Judging No Big Deal GIF by NETFLIX

Amen...the whole re-trade-up for Waddle pissed me off. He lost a ton of value in that series of transactions IMO. That kind of stuff infuriates me. And I also agree with the OP's assertion that Grier's bad drafting offensive personnel.

I will give him big props for this off-season so far however. Managed to bring in some VERY valuable deals, gained draft picks in the process, and filled several holes.

Back
Top Bottom