2023 hindsight | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2023 hindsight

I proclaimed Tua would be healthy all season.

I'm predicting the same for 2024.

Big year for Jalen Ramsey too...

Last year I posted a thread, relating to Rick Spielman, former GM saying, certain scouts, GMs etc are better at projecting certain positions.

Looking into CG drafts he was terrible at offense but had an amazing 50% hit on defensive players.

So keeping stupid, simple, I said he should stick to what he's good at:-

Dont trade for Ramsey.
Don't trade for Chubb.
Trade C. Wilkins -(seahawks traded a 2 & 5 for Leonard Williams).

In hindsight just selecting players, same position with those picks.

1.Nolan Smith DE
2.Riley Moss CB

Extra 2 & 4 in this year's draft and extra cap space.

Would we be better off or not?
You lost me at Grier is terrible at drafting offense. Laremy Tunsil, Jaylen Waddle, Robert Hunt, Devon Achane were all massive hits. Austin Jackson, Mike Gesicki probably in the in between range. Liam Eichenberg, Leonte Caroo the only misses I can think of. So not sure where your getting that

You lost me at Grier is terrible at drafting offense. Laremy Tunsil, Jaylen Waddle, Robert Hunt, Devon Achane were all massive hits. Austin Jackson, Mike Gesicki probably in the in between range. Liam Eichenberg, Leonte Caroo the only misses I can think of. So not sure where your getting that
And if we're being honest Chris Griers 2 worst first round draft picks were Charles Harris and Noah Igbonoghene both defensive players

In 7 years??? 6 at best. Wow.

Eich isn't a miss. He played better last season. He is an awful Center. Never put him there again. He has no core strength to hold the middle. He gets pushed back too often. At Guard he did well. He put together a good run. He's not a lost cause, yet. Caroo. wow!! He sucked!!

Pretty sure Iggy was a Flores pick. I’ve got no idea about Charles Harris

CBS Sports referenced it as a “combination of Mike Tannenbaum, Chris Grier and Adam Gase.”

Unless one of those three starts pointing fingers, I doubt we’ll ever know. I’m pretty certain Tannenbaum had the highest authority at the time.

Amen...the whole re-trade-up for Waddle pissed me off. He lost a ton of value in that series of transactions IMO. That kind of stuff infuriates me. And I also agree with the OP's assertion that Grier's bad drafting offensive personnel.

I will give him big props for this off-season so far however. Managed to bring in some VERY valuable deals, gained draft picks in the process, and filled several holes.

I like the last half of your post better than your first half.

None of your complaint addresses the facts - we just went to the playoffs his first two years with this team while the team was developing a new core. Nobody's perfect - and I'm talking about many of our players!

As an example, just consider "X", who was pretty good but not as good as he was earlier in his career.

Could McDaniel have done better - YES!
Is he doing better so far following his lead in bringing in new coaching? - YES
Is he doing better following Grier's lead on new players? - YES
Are both Greir and McDaniel doing better interacting with each other in strengthening this team? - YES

Am I Right and you RONG? - LOL

None of your complaint addresses the facts - we just went to the playoffs his first two years with this team while the team was developing a new core. Nobody's perfect - and I'm talking about many of our players!

As an example, just consider "X", who was pretty good but not as good as he was earlier in his career.

Are both Greir and McDaniel doing better interacting with each other in strengthening this team? - YES

Getting to the playoffs isn't special (almost half the league makes the playoffs). Getting bounced out in the 1st round every time isn't special.

I am absolutely correct in my assessment that Grier lost value with some of the moves he made with draft picks...your feelings don't like it, and IDGAF.

Getting to the playoffs isn't special (almost half the league makes the playoffs). Getting bounced out in the 1st round every time isn't special.

I am absolutely correct in my assessment that Grier lost value with some of the moves he made with draft picks...your feelings don't like it, and IDGAF.
Wiping your ass in public isn't awe inspiring.
Just thought you would like to know! - LOL

Said it before, and I’ll say it again; young coaches grow, just like young players.

In 7 years??? 6 at best. Wow.
The years don't matter it's about how many players did he take and how many hit. The better GMs hit on around 50% of their picks and Grier has been in that range consistently.

Eich isn't a miss. He played better last season. He is an awful Center. Never put him there again. He has no core strength to hold the middle. He gets pushed back too often. At Guard he did well. He put together a good run. He's not a lost cause, yet. Caroo. wow!! He sucked!!
Considering we traded up to take him and I don't consider him a quality starter I would consider it a miss.

Back
Top Bottom