2024 NFL Draft Day 2 Thread | Page 84 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2024 NFL Draft Day 2 Thread

The WR's are a good value today.

Ja'Tavion Sanders, Jared Wiley, Cade Stover and Theo Johnson at TE.

Cedric Gray is a really good LB from UNC, to go with the UNC WR Devontez Walker still on the board.

Brandon Dorlus is who I would select if I could make the next pick though. He can line up anywhere on the DL and provide a burst. Really surprised he's on the board but I can understand why. He's thicker than DE/Edge guys and he's lighter than your DT's. He's an old school Bill Parcells prototype. Phillip Merling with more juice.

The WR's are a good value today.

Ja'Tavion Sanders, Jared Wiley, Cade Stover and Theo Johnson at TE.

Cedric Gray is a really good LB from UNC, to go with the UNC WR Devontez Walker still on the board.

Brandon Dorlus is who I would select if I could make the next pick though. He can line up anywhere on the DL and provide a burst. Really surprised he's on the board but I can understand why. He's thicker than DE/Edge guys and he's lighter than your DT's. He's an old school Bill Parcells prototype. Phillip Merling with more juice.

Big fan of Gray, but I don’t know if Miami goes LB.

But what's it for olinemen in "early" rounds? 50% sounds pretty solid for the first 3 rounds for olineman and that's where Grier's at, but I keep reading how terrible he is at drafting olinemen.

Not just OL players but for any 1st round picks.
I recommend more selective reading. - LOL

The fact is.. we won't know how much people play as rookies until they get on the field.

Injuries are unfortunate but EXPECTED..
Who knows what might happen between now and Feb 9(when we win 🏆)..
Someone will blow off a toe with fireworks or carry a concealed weapon into the wrong spa or throw bicycles at entry-gate guards or get a happy ending from a shocked masseuse..
Our QB room got riddled two years ago..
Last year, every other room did..
I feel safe to assume these two guys will be on the field plenty, as long as they stay off elevators with Ray.

It's true, I have elevated many players to greatness.

Last edited:
Teams are pretty good at drafting these days. We get way fewer wtf? picks than we used to - even like 5-6 years ago. So, there are fewer true fallers - Day 1 starters who also have considerable upside and who also play a premium position.

You can get a Day 1 starting OG at 55, particularly in a great OL class. Day 1 starting OT's almost always go Top 20.

I understand wanting a Day 1 starter, but I also understand bringing in a supremely talented OT who needs work but who is a particularly good fit for what you want/need and who is a high-character guy who really wants to play for your team.
People wanted that day 1 OG starter with 55. At the very least, a guy who would contribute this year. I think we'd need another terrible injury year this year for Paul to see the field. I'm not taking a side here. Just stating what I've observed.

The fact is.. we won't know how much people play as rookies until they get on the field.

Someone will blow off a toe with fireworks or carry a concealed weapon into the wrong spa or throw bicycles at entry-gate guards or get a happy ending from a shocked masseuse..
I feel safe to assume these two guys will be on the field plenty, as long as they stay off elevators with Ray.
No doubt, but I think the folks looking for that starting guard were willing to take the chance that both Armstead and Lamm wouldn't get hurt. We probably could even slot someone else in there before we had to rely on Paul.

People wanted that day 1 OG starter with 55. At the very least, a guy who would contribute this year. I think we'd need another terrible injury year this year for Paul to see the field. I'm not taking a side here. Just stating what I've observed.

Yeah, I understand both perspectives.

I heard a stat that only about a third of 1st round picks play more than 300 snaps in year 1.

I want an upgraded back-up C. I don't want to rely on Eich there again. IMO that was the difference between winning the division and not. Now I didn't need it to be on day 1 or 2. I wanted Barton b/c of his position flexibility. I would have been happy with Haynes at 55 but Paul is a reasonably a more valuable player. If we could land a guy like Tanor Bortellini I'd be thrilled.

My best available are

Jaden Hicks
Tanor Bortellini
Malik Washington
Jahim Bell

Back
Top Bottom