2024 NFL Draft Day 3 Thread | Page 33 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2024 NFL Draft Day 3 Thread

Good luck young man.

LB TOMMY EICHENBERG, OHIO STATE (BIG BOARD RANK: 107)

Eichenberg was an anchor up the middle of the Ohio State defense for much of the past three seasons, but he shined particularly in 2022. He showcased no weaknesses that year, earning an elite 90.1 run-defense grade, an 81.0 tackling grade, a 73.0 pass-rush grade and a 75.9 coverage grade to form an 86.8 PFF overall grade.

Eichenberg elected to return to school for a fifth season in 2023, but his performance dropped across the board, most notably in coverage, where his grade fell from 75.9 to 52.7. His pass-rush productivity also took a huge hit, as his pressure total dropped by more than half, from 23 to 11, despite playing only 15 fewer pass-rush snaps from the year before. His PFF overall grade also dropped from 86.8 to 61.5, one of the steepest fall-offs in this draft class.

Eichenberg did miss two games in 2023 due to a dislocated elbow, an injury he managed to play through against Michigan, so that affected his counting totals, but one must wonder how much better his draft stock would have been had he declared for the draft after his stellar 2022 campaign.

I'm not saying it's bad. I'm saying it's an unknown. He almost never ran into heavy boxes. Whenever I watch Tenn games it looks like they're using 5 OL to block 5 box defenders and their RB is facing a one on one with a S or CB. That's an advantage RB. Most RBs would look like they had good vision in that scenario. He won't see that in the NFL. And I doubt any honest scout could tell you they know he has good vision based on the film.
That was my view as well.

He ran draw plays against light boxes a lot which showed off his speed but told you nothing anout playing in the NFL.

I am not worried that he won't translate it was just annoying that Tenn's dumb offense made it harder to scout him.

Anyone else hoping Ryan Rehkow is their at 241 since Tory Taylor went in the 4th? Personally I can't stand Bailey

What about Kris-Abrams-Draine from Missouri. He led the SEC in passes defensed in 2023. He would be a major upgrade over Kader Kohou.

How would everyone react to Michael Pratt QB Tulane?

I think he is going to be an excellent backup QB with the potential to be a decent starter.

I know that a few of you are really sold on taking an IOL... but I have to ask.

Do you REALLY think that a 5th round Guard is gonna start... much less immediately?
Exactly, that ship has sailed.

Time to draft a WR or defensive back.

Edit, I'm also 100% down with a Jordan Travis flyer.

Back
Top Bottom