2024 QBs | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2024 QBs

LargoFin

Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
There's no quarterbacks thread. Lots of teams are looking to open a new QB window. We should be one of them. If I was hired to be the GM that would be firs order of business, draft the QB for the next 4 year window.

I will have, and I can say this with high certainty, I will have the following QBs worthy of drafting and opening a new window, in other words, Day 1 value:

Jayden Daniels LSU 6-4 210
Bo Nix 6-2 217
Caleb Williams 6-1 215
Joe Milton 6-5 235

Day 2: Michael Pratt

Day 3: Sam Hartman and Tanner Mordecai

(Some surprises: I will not have Michael Penix and JJ McCarthy as draftable QBs. They are off my list.)

More to come possibly as I go through calcs.

Last edited:
It always shocks me how big Daniels is. When I watch him play he seems more like 6’1 and 200 lbs.

I don’t like the Penix injury history but he does throw a beautiful ball and his hand measurements, 10 3/8 got my attention. I think Penix is perfect for the Falcons, A dome team in a warm weather division.

Whoever drafts Milton better be a patient team. He’s a major project but that’s what I want in my QB 3. A major project with freak show skills.

I’ve no clue on McCarthy. It seemed to me Michigan went out of their way to avoid certain throws over the middle unless it was a jump ball to that massive TE. He is a beast of a competitor though.

I think Penix will be good. I also kind of like Carter Bradley as a developmental guy.

Why not select Tua's little brother Taulia in the 6th or 7th round. He has many of the same abilities as Tua but he is more mobile so he could probably operate McD's offense with the added bonus of having mobility.

If Tua doesn't win a playoff game next year then we could just move on with Taulia in 2025 and restart the QB contract clock.

Im not a Drake Maye fanboy but how in the world you have Joe Milton as draftable and Maye as undraftable is amazing.

Im not a Drake Maye fanboy but how in the world you have Joe Milton as draftable and Maye as undraftable is amazing.

It's more than than, I have Joe Milton as Rd1 and Drake Maye as not draftable. This is not about who we think will be a good quarterback or better quarterback or have better stats in the NFL, this is about types of QBs who project based on senior year in college to take you to SB on rookie contract and therefore deserve a rookie contract. And that is all that matters to me.

There's no quarterbacks thread. Lots of teams are looking to open a new QB window. We should be one of them. If I was hired to be the GM that would be firs order of business, draft the QB for the next 4 year window.

I will have, and I can say this with high certainty, I will have the following QBs worthy of drafting and opening a new window, in other words, Day 1 value:

Bo Nix 6-2 217
Caleb Williams 6-1 215
Joe Milton 6-5 235

(Some surprises: I will not have Michael Penix and JJ McCarthy as draftable QBs. They are off my list.)

Joe Milton will be the next Josh Allen.Some team will harness that ability refine it and he be a star.Thats my prediction his talent undeniable.

Bo Nix 6-2 217
Caleb Williams 6-1 215
Joe Milton 6-5 235

Agree with being relatively high on Nix and low on Penix, but I would certainly draft him somewhere.

I also see no real reason to be down on Maye. Excited to see him test, but he reminds me of "between Josh Allen and Justin Herbert." He's more playmaker than Herbert and less than Allen, and accordingly, he has more negative plays than Herbert but fewer than Allen. Super talent.

Bo Nix 6-2 217
Caleb Williams 6-1 215
Joe Milton 6-5 235

Penix is my dark horse. Man showed unbelievable courage and determination during the National Championship game and he’s a stud through and through. Would love the Phis to have a leader in offense like this man!

Why not select Tua's little brother Taulia in the 6th or 7th round. He has many of the same abilities as Tua but he is more mobile so he could probably operate McD's offense with the added bonus of having mobility.

If Tua doesn't win a playoff game next year then we could just move on with Taulia in 2025 and restart the QB contract clock.
Noodle Arm, Jr? No thanks XD

In a way it would be like sticking with Tua for a few more years without having to give out a mega contract.

That would allow us to get our salary cap under control until we decide to move on from Taulia.

I’m hoping someone in the building has had an epiphany that maybe small and average could be a problem in the AFC East and in the playoffs going to places like KC, Baltimore or Cincinnati. I know I’m out on the concept. Let’s stop trying to build a team to win the NFC South.

MCarthy is the most interesting of "the rest" of the QB's because he seems to have the physical tools with a lot of room to improve.

And his intangibles are off the charts, teammates and coaches LOVE him. Guys will run through walls for him and he commands a huddle.

He is also looks to have that winning gene that some guys do not.

If I was looking to draft and develop a QB he would be my guy among the guys not names Williams, Maye and Daniels.

Back
Top Bottom