2024 QBs | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2024 QBs

I also feel the need to point out that in true Loco fashion he has future TE Joe Milton in R1 but not Drake Maye.

Slimm is rolling over in his grave.

Late Day 3/UDFA adds:
Jason Brown 6-2 230 Jackson State (via South Carolina)
Frank Harris 6-0 205 UTSA (leftie)

I think Penix can turn into a good QB in the NFL. Big arm and good speed (though he rarely runs). Injury history and could use some time, would scare me away from drafting him early rounds.

MCarthy is the most interesting of "the rest" of the QB's because he seems to have the physical tools with a lot of room to improve.

And his intangibles are off the charts, teammates and coaches LOVE him. Guys will run through walls for him and he commands a huddle.

He is also looks to have that winning gene that some guys do not.

If I was looking to draft and develop a QB he would be my guy among the guys not names Williams, Maye and Daniels.
Couldn't agree with this more.... McCarthy is the exact QB that will require time to sit and get developed and potentially ascend alot higher than most in this class. Just needs to go to the right place.....

It always shocks me how big Daniels is. When I watch him play he seems more like 6’1 and 200 lbs.

I don’t like the Penix injury history but he does throw a beautiful ball and his hand measurements, 10 3/8 got my attention. I think Penix is perfect for the Falcons, A dome team in a warm weather division.

Whoever drafts Milton better be a patient team. He’s a major project but that’s what I want in my QB 3. A major project with freak show skills.

I’ve no clue on McCarthy. It seemed to me Michigan went out of their way to avoid certain throws over the middle unless it was a jump ball to that massive TE. He is a beast of a competitor though.
Melton is very intriguing.

I actually do like McCarthy a lot. The comp I keep reading is Alex Smith. Not bad, although I think McCarthy is more athletic and potentially more dynamic on off script plays.

Milton is a TE convert if he has any sense.

All he has is a big fastball that does not go where he aims it.

Why not select Tua's little brother Taulia in the 6th or 7th round. He has many of the same abilities as Tua but he is more mobile so he could probably operate McD's offense with the added bonus of having mobility.

If Tua doesn't win a playoff game next year then we could just move on with Taulia in 2025 and restart the QB contract clock.
Very interesting!

Trade down with the Lions at 29, pick up a 3rd and a future 4th. Draft Penix there.

Let Tua play out his 5th year option in 2024.

If Tua doesnt take us further in the playoffs then just move on and let him walk.

Penix then takes over at QB in 2025 and we can keep our window open without having to give Tua a $200M plus contract.

Why not select Tua's little brother Taulia in the 6th or 7th round. He has many of the same abilities as Tua but he is more mobile so he could probably operate McD's offense with the added bonus of having mobility.

If Tua doesn't win a playoff game next year then we could just move on with Taulia in 2025 and restart the QB contract clock.
Dump Tua and replace him with his little brother?

That is cold.

Back
Top Bottom