2024 Schedule Release Announced for May 15th | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2024 Schedule Release Announced for May 15th

So question for you native Floridians/Miamians:
1)Is there much of a difference between the humidity/heat up in Jacksonville vs down in Miami? (May sound weird, but I live in eastern PA, and the difference here between us and the weather in Pittsburgh is night and day)
2)Week 2 vs Buffalo- I know the game is at night, but isn't the humidity/heat still pretty daunting even once the sun goes down? I seem to remember long ago Dolphins games on Monday Night Football in September and the weather was still oppressive.
Early in the season there isn't much difference between the heat and humidity between Miami and Jacksonville. Thats why I am pissed that our early season heat advantage is being somewhat wasted on another team thats used to the elements although they will be in the sun and we wont so at least thats something.

1)Is there much of a difference between the humidity/heat up in Jacksonville vs down in Miami? (May sound weird, but I live in eastern PA, and the difference here between us and the weather in Pittsburgh is night and day)
2)Week 2 vs Buffalo- I know the game is at night, but isn't the humidity/heat still pretty daunting even once the sun goes down? I seem to remember long ago Dolphins games on Monday Night Football in September and the weather was still oppressive.

1. Yes. Look at it this way. If you are driving down on cool night from Orlando and that is south of Jax...it'll be 40 in Orlando but when you cross around Port St. Lucie it gets hotter and hotter until you hit the Miami metropolitan area where it'll be at least 50 to 55 and those 10 to 15 degrees make a world of difference especially to your electric bill 😂

2. Meh. If the sun isn't beating down on you with the humidity in full effect it's no big deal. Then again im born and raised here so Im used to it. I'm used to the heat so much when I'm in Los Angeles/California and people ask how the heck are you hiking with long sleeves (fair skin don't want to get skin C word) I say this desert heat isn't anything compared to what I've been used to for 45 years 😂 ...at night it might get muggy if it rains...that'll ramp up the humidity somewhat when it stops raining but meh...its not the same as a day time nightmare.

FWIW. NY post shows us playing the Jets twice at end of season- which I am fine with if so
IMG_7869.jpeg

I cannot imagine any functioning adult actually thinking that the NFL is really worrying about a team that cannot win a playoff game in over 20 years. Can you image any sane person in the NFL saying "we have to make sure we dont give Miami any advantages".
This forum has people that are literally out of their minds.
We will win one eventually
Might be this year

I'm from south Florida but I live in Jacksonville.

It may be the same temperature in jax as it is in Miami, but the heat index is much different.

Once you get down past the line of the 'tropics of cancer' you notice the difference. The sun and humidity does hit you harder in S Florida. It's still hot and humid in jax, but it's a slight edge to the home team in this game.

I cannot imagine any functioning adult actually thinking that the NFL is really worrying about a team that cannot win a playoff game in over 20 years. Can you image any sane person in the NFL saying "we have to make sure we dont give Miami any advantages".
This forum has people that are literally out of their minds.

Yes, because the NFL is headquartered in NYC. And where do the Northeast teams fans, players, staff, etc… vacation and relocate? South Florida. A good Dolphins team is bad for the NFL on a visceral and jealous level, not like the flyover Chiefs, or the over-hyped Cowboys, or left coast 49ers.

Back
Top Bottom