3 Straight.... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

3 Straight....

The Ghost

Stamos
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
Kenyan Drake 33 Yd pass from Ryan Tannehill (Jason Sanders Kick)
6 plays, 75 yards, 2:38

DeVante Parker 18 Yd pass from Ryan Tannehill (Jason Sanders Kick)
10 plays, 75 yards, 5:18

Kenny Stills 7 Yd pass from Ryan Tannehill (Jason Sanders Kick)
5 plays, 75 yards, 2:41

Opening drive TD's. Has anyone noticed?

First time we have done that in 20 years. Marino did it back in 1998. In the 4th game he went 3 and out but followed with a TD on second drive of game
Time to make history in Minnesota Ryan...

I may regret saying this but... We seem to be heating up as the season comes to a close. Could we be one of those hot wild card teams that no one wants to play come post season?

If they win this game against the Vikings, I may start to think they will win out looking at who they play after this upcoming Sunday.
I may also start to believe we can make it deep into the playoffs. Here’s to hoping!

I may regret saying this but... We seem to be heating up as the season comes to a close. Could we be one of those hot wild card teams that no one wants to play come post season?

As long as Cris Carter is playing for Miami this week. Seriously dude, all you do is catch TD's?

Absolutely you should believe in this team. Not because they are built like a Super Bowl contender, they aren't. But neither were the Eagles last year. They were just a team capable of beating the New England Patriots on a given day. Well we've got that covered.

We went into the season ranked in the bottom 5 in most power rankings, we've evolved into a team that despite it's long list of injuries......DOES.....NOT.....QUIT. Effort is the only thing that can trump talent.

No one wants to play a team like that.

*Disclaimer. I just want to make it perfectly clear that the Eagles won the Super Bowl last year because of their offensive line (and the creativity of Frank Reich). We don't mimic them in anyway (the 2017 version).

The Eagles had a great defense last season. We do not have a great defense. We're going to need to show that we can win shootouts.

That means the Dolphins are going to need to continue the insane offensive efficiency they had on Sunday, with 34 points on something like 40 plays?

RT17 is playing at a very high level right now. Dare we hope? Dare we dream the team continues to play good going down the stretch?

I guess it could happen. I wonder if we would see any of the injured guys come back, should the Phins make the playoffs.

The Eagles had a great defense last season. We do not have a great defense. We're going to need to show that we can win shootouts.

That means the Dolphins are going to need to continue the insane offensive efficiency they had on Sunday, with 34 points on something like 40 plays?

I would say their DL was great, their secondary was/is putrid. LB's are average barely better than Miami's. Although that has a lot to do with injuries as well. Jordan Hicks can't stay on the field. Now that I think about it, Jerome Baker reminds me a lot of the younger Mycal Kendricks.

Fletcher Cox is really the only difference, but obviously a major one. If you saw this man push Zach Martin into the pocket like he was a child on Sunday, you know what he's capable of. Cox is every bit the force Khalil Mack or Aaron Donald are, when he's motivated. Brandom Graham and Chris Long didn't offer much different than Wake/Quinn do. Beau Allen was a big loss for them that hasn't been talked about. Strong run defender.

Rodney McLeod (IR) was their Reshad Jones and with Malcolm Jenkins another year slower, the fissures are showing.

FWIW, Miami's secondary is light years ahead of Philly's, of course in terms of talent only. Schwartz can clearly coach circles around Burke.

Last edited:

The running attack was great against NE. They wanted no parts of Frank Gore and his 7 yards per carry. But New England was getting to Tanne way too easily. Our best hope is an above average running game

None in 21 games, then 3 in a row. So dolphins.

So it would impress you more if Ryan was regressing, and had gone from doing it before with consistency, to no longer able to do it for 3 straight games?

Maybe, how about giving him a chance, as he could be improving in other aspects of his games, and could now be showing more consistency coming out of th he gates.

Would not go that far yet, but if Miami has a convincing win (does not mean Miami needs to blow out the Vikings, just look in control), then we may start getting that slight twitch of possible fire catching.

Without question offensively they seem to be finding a groove. I'll say the most significant reason why, besides better QB play, is they're learning to run the ball better.
The kid from FSU #83 and the other rookie TE #81 have been blocking the hell out of folks.

It's not being talked about but those two are doing an incredible job blocking.

Also, Miami is actually starting to run pulling stunts with the RT/RG on some of these plays.

Point is because they're running better it's setting up a lot more stuff.

So it would impress you more if Ryan was regressing, and had gone from doing it before with consistency, to no longer able to do it for 3 straight games?

Maybe, how about giving him a chance, as he could be improving in other aspects of his games, and could now be showing more consistency coming out of th he gates.

What? I think you're reading too much into my post. I root as hard as I can for him (and every other player for that matter) everytime we set foot on the field.

Back
Top Bottom