4-0 easy! (merged) | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

4-0 easy! (merged)

texasPHINSfan said:
i predict a loss vs. TN (George didn't do anything for them, he was more of a cancer, so they're glad to be rid of him - Brown is better anyway, they still have McNair, Mason, Bennett, and Calico, so they're still a force to be reckoned with - yeah they lost Kearse and Simon, but did you see our offense against them last year????)

i predict a loss vs. Cincy (Palmer's been blowing it up in TC, and they have a LOT of weapons... more importantly, they have a lot of heart... i think they make the playoffs this year).

i predict a win vs. the Steelers (they are a hapless team right now, with a couple of talents at random non-complementing positions).

i predict a loss vs. the Jets (Pennington back, a ton of weapons, a stronger D..... uh oh).

unfortunately i predict a 1-3 start, but i think it will get better as the year progresses.... once our team finds its niche and starts to click. Think we'll end up 9-7.
yes i did see it up close i was there on the 50 yard line.. WE made them look pretty dam good on defense. brian griese played that day 3 picks enough said... rickys stoned *** could not do ****. the offensive line was the worst all year that game.. zach thomas and pat surtain did not play.. tommy hendricks could not do **** in place off zach..jamar fletcher sucked when he played for pat.. as for the titans eddie george a cancer??? :confused: glad to be rid of him?? :confused chris brown will not get 50 yards against us opening day.. we will win write it down!!!

I can see us going 2 ways depending on how offense starts season. We could go 4-0 if offense is clicking. And receivers are getting open and running backs running well. If those things dont happen we could well end up 1-3. With lone victory coming from Steelers. And even that game could be close if we aren't moving well.
Thats just my visions that crystal ball is seeing right now.

I think our defense will come out strong this season. This is the year our defense needs to go from really good to GREAT. Teams have gotten pretty far without a very good offense. Tampa Bay and Baltimore won SB's with defense and our talent level is right there with those defenses. Our offense might not be a ball moving machine but we still have Chambers, McMichael, Konrad, and Minor to provide big plays. If our offense can provide a couple explosive plays a game and our defense gives us good field postition we should win.

ASUFinFan said:
9/12Tennessee1:00pm9/19@ Cincinnati8:30pm9/26Pittsburgh1:00pm10/03New York Jets4:15pm

Even with all of the fins badluck this offseason, I still believe we can start 4-0 heading into the pats game. Tennessee lost LB Sirmon and they dont have RB George anymore, plus its a home game=edge dolphins. We pull that win out and the next 2 teams dont impress me at all. Jets game will be tough as usual but im not that impressed with the Jets either! Our schedule favors the fins for once and what a great year for that to happen!
Sure, and the Pats will go 0-4, too.:shakeno:

4-0 Easy? You smoke more than Ricky. And A not On Freeman

Whoever posted that post entitled "4-0 Easy".....not to ruin your excitment but come on now. I hope we do, 4-0 going to battle with the Pats would be wonderful. But you cant say easy. First of all, in todays NFL....you don't know who will "bring it". I wouldn't want to bet on ANY game week 1.....its to unsure. But heres a luck at our first 4.

Tennessee: Yes they did lose George and Sirmon. However, George hasn't been a special player for about 4 years now. Chris Brown is better at this point. And any team led by Mcnair is going to come to play, simple as that.

@Cincinnatti: M. Lewis will have these guys ready to play. They should contend with the Ravens for that Division.......and its on the road. The fans of cincy had a horrible team until last season, they are going to be ready to roar......not to mention Rudi (Rudi) ( Rudi) Johnson.

Pittsburgh: Yes, we should win this game. There running game is lack-luster, and even OUR passing game should exploit their secondary. But don't sleep on Plaxico/Ward/Randel El. They can put up points in Bunches......more of our secondary than just Madison/Surtain will have to come for some serious football to win.

New York Jets: I don't see why nobody likes the Jets this year. Well, I hate the Jets...all years.....but I mean, I think they should be ok. There o-Line is better.....L. Jordan will get even more carries this year....and Pennington is healthy. We should take them also, but it wont be easy.

Yes, 4-0 is concievable.....but if we don't come to play, 2-2 is also very possible as well.

A quick note about freeman....we don't need freeman. He was a above adverage wr in his prime....which has far past him. And by the way, he never was a jet. He couldnt start for Phili for gods' sake. PHILI! James Thrash anyone? I could keep up with him in a 40. Cant start for the eagles.......enough said. If we just sign another WR like that, chambers will be seeing double teams just as much if we stay with our current roster. Our only hope is Mac-Ard-eeeel. He at least has speed.

The smoke more than ricky comment was not necessary, and also it was not necessary to create another thread to share your thoughts on the matter....

(merged)

I believe we will be 3-1 in that stretch, losing to - of all people - the Steelers. Don't ask me why, that's my gut feeling...

sbh1602 said:
I believe we will be 3-1 in that stretch, losing to - of all people - the Steelers. Don't ask me why, that's my gut feeling...
I think if we lose to anybody like that it will be the Jets they always play their butts off against us. Personally the Steelers have been going down the tubes the last couple of years. And Cinci and Rudy and company are going to be tough. And well Tennesee can go either way depending.

Lukin said:
we lost to the texans last year. Cinci is was a good team last year and they're even better this year, they're not an automatic win for ANY team. Pittsburgh I'll buy, they're in a rebuilding mode. New York will be tough to beat with Pennington back.

While I agree there are no sure wins in the NFL, to say the Bungles are better this season is just ignorant. They traded their top RB and are going to be starting a rookie QB. Palmer will get leveled in his first 5-6 games, if he survives that long.

RunTravisRun said:
Tennessee: Yes they did lose George and Sirmon. However, George hasn't been a special player for about 4 years now. Chris Brown is better at this point. And any team led by Mcnair is going to come to play, simple as that.
Titans loss of DT Robaire Smith is quite big in my books too... and of course McCareins. Those are probably their two biggest losses in my mind (and Kearse if healthy).

To stay on topic... 4-0 is certainly possible, but in no way will it be easy. It never is in the NFL!

I'm going to take it to heart to enjoy every win this years Miami team gets (even more than usual), just in case it goes as pear-shaped as it might.

dolfanrodney said:
Tenn is not out of any game with Air Mcnair and they still have Mason and Calico who I feel will be a stud WR. They are more beatabl then last year but we can't undeestimate them.
Wqam reported yesterday that Calico went down with some kind of injury..Was carted of the field...Maybe we won't have to face him, at least. We shouldn't have passed on him last year.

marinotoclayton said:
I can see us going 2 ways depending on how offense starts season. We could go 4-0 if offense is clicking. And receivers are getting open and running backs running well. If those things dont happen we could well end up 1-3. With lone victory coming from Steelers. And even that game could be close if we aren't moving well.
Thats just my visions that crystal ball is seeing right now.
I feel the SAME way. I personally think we will go 3-1... But maybe that is just my optimism shining through. But hell, if you or anyone can accurately predict how all or even most (over 70%) NFL games will turn out... you should be in Vegas. Or hell just tell me and I'll go to vegas.

Basically my point is that there is way too much parity in the NFL to KNOW what will happen. ESPECIALLY before there has not been one regular season game yet.

4-0 won't be easy, nothing comes easy in the NFL. I think 3-1 is a better pick.

4-0

I will be @ the Bengals game on ESPN Sunday Night and I expect us to roll even w/o Boston and Ricky. Go Phins.

Tennessee, L
@Cincinnati, L
Pittsburgh, W
New York Jets, W

Back
Top Bottom