4-Way Manny Trade in works | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

4-Way Manny Trade in works

FaninPatsyLand said:
That's DEFINITELY not happening.

its all over ESPNews right now. Looks like it could be done this week.

Jesus christ... We lose 3 big players for one? Seriously, that better no ****ing happen. I want to keep Marte...

Hostile7 said:
Jesus christ... We lose 3 big players for one? Seriously, that better no ****ing happen. I want to keep Marte...

I couldn't agree more. Why the hell can't we just hang onto Marte.

FaninPatsyLand said:
I couldn't agree more. Why the hell can't we just hang onto Marte.

The only good part about this deal is that its alot easier to find a little D, hitting left fielder, than a potential MVP caliber SS. But Manny, Clement, Marte, sounds real steep now, but atleast they aren't asking for Pap, or Lester.

I just can't see that happening. The contracts involved are enough to derail it. And Baltimore gets ripped off in that deal...considering Tejada is the catalyst, I have a hard time with that. There's a reason why there aren't many 4-team, multiple-All Star deals like this.

...not to mention Manny could always 86 the whole deal himself if he didn't want to play in New York.

They announced the Randy Johnson deal last year on ESPNews and it turned out to be false. It's starting to look as though Manny and Tejada may be for real but I still can't believe it # 1, considering the money and # 2, would Manny really want to leave Boston for Baltimore. We'll see but I don't see this deal happening!

unifiedtheory said:
Is it just me or do the Red Sox look more and more like a 3rd place team as time passes this offseason?

Well I can see how some people would say that due to Toronto making a lot of moves this off season and the Yankees signing Damon and Farnsworth. Losing Damon has hurt the Red Sox no doubt about it however there's still a month and a half before spring training and over 3 months until the first pitch. The Sox have up graded their pitching staff and bullpen with the likes of Beckett, Mota, Saenez. IF Schilling, Beckett and Foulke can stay healthy and pitch like they have the potential to pitch I don't see how the Sox can be a 3rd place team.

It's funny because everyone is writing off the Sox right now because they have no 1st basemen, SS or CFer. However the past 3 years the Red Sox haven't had production out of 1st or SS and still got into the playoffs. I love how everyone is writing off the Sox right now because they lost 1 player, yet the experts fail to see that a healthy Schilling and Beckett is a great 1-2 punch. And if Foulke can get back to 2004 form and Mota stays healthy the team can be very very good pitching wise. Of course injuries are always a ? mark.

All I want is a SS and CF who can catch a ball, I really don't care if they hit over .250. Because the Sox offense with Manny and Ortiz can carry them (I also think Lowell can be a comeback player of the year). The Sox do need a lead off hitter though. That's for sure.

It will be interesting to see how the other teams in the East are because the Yankees haven't really upgraded their starting pitching or pen really (Farnsworth and Gordon are a wash right now in my opinion although I think Farnsworth is going to be a bust). Also Burnett stunk with FL the last few weeks of the season so can he handle the pressure?

Ray Finkle said:
Well I can see how some people would say that due to Toronto making a lot of moves this off season and the Yankees signing Damon and Farnsworth. Losing Damon has hurt the Red Sox no doubt about it however there's still a month and a half before spring training and over 3 months until the first pitch. The Sox have up graded their pitching staff and bullpen with the likes of Beckett, Mota, Saenez. IF Schilling, Beckett and Foulke can stay healthy and pitch like they have the potential to pitch I don't see how the Sox can be a 3rd place team.

It's funny because everyone is writing off the Sox right now because they have no 1st basemen, SS or CFer. However the past 3 years the Red Sox haven't had production out of 1st or SS and still got into the playoffs. I love how everyone is writing off the Sox right now because they lost 1 player, yet the experts fail to see that a healthy Schilling and Beckett is a great 1-2 punch. And if Foulke can get back to 2004 form and Mota stays healthy the team can be very very good pitching wise. Of course injuries are always a ? mark.

All I want is a SS and CF who can catch a ball, I really don't care if they hit over .250. Because the Sox offense with Manny and Ortiz can carry them (I also think Lowell can be a comeback player of the year). The Sox do need a lead off hitter though. That's for sure.

It will be interesting to see how the other teams in the East are because the Yankees haven't really upgraded their starting pitching or pen really (Farnsworth and Gordon are a wash right now in my opinion although I think Farnsworth is going to be a bust). Also Burnett stunk with FL the last few weeks of the season so can he handle the pressure?

1) Manny is not going to be there. You better get offensive production from SS and CF

2) The Yanks didn't need to upgrade their starting pitching. They just need Pavano and Wright to be healthy. It's like they didn't have either last year. Between Chacon, Wang, Randy, Mussiana, Wright, and Pavano.....enough of those guys will step up. Plus, what starting pitchers were out there to be had?

3) The Yanks have upgraded their pen with Farnsworth, Villone, Dotel, and Myers.

MikeO said:
http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/story/378997p-321910c.html

Lots of players in involved but esentially...

Mets get Manny and Baez

Boston gets Tejeda and Garthwright

Orioles get Clement, Benson, and Lugo

Tampa gets Kaz Matsui, Marte, Heilman, and Seo

Mets make out like soo much in this trade. Heliman is the only guy they are really giving up that has alot of value.

Boston loses out big time, Manny and Tejada are a wash but in no way is Gathwright worth Clement AND Marte, hes not even worth Marte alone.

Orioles lose in this trade worse then the sox, you trade your star player for 2 half decent SPs and an average SS

Tampa makes out big time in the trade, they trade Gathwright who i really don't even like and doesnt think is that good and Lugo and baez for Marte who is better then anyoen they gave up, with heilman.

Yes the Jays are getting better even though there overpaying but trades like this only weaken the division. Keep it up Boston!

MikeO said:
1) Manny is not going to be there. You better get offensive production from SS and CF

2) The Yanks didn't need to upgrade their starting pitching. They just need Pavano and Wright to be healthy. It's like they didn't have either last year. Between Chacon, Wang, Randy, Mussiana, Wright, and Pavano.....enough of those guys will step up. Plus, what starting pitchers were out there to be had?

3) The Yanks have upgraded their pen with Farnsworth, Villone, Dotel, and Myers.

1.) Manny is still in a Red Sox as of right now. Until he's officially traded I still consider him part of the team. You're missing my point though that the Red Sox never had production from the SS or 1st base position since 2004, yet they made the playoffs both times and won a World Series with spliting time between Pokey Reese and Orlando Cabrera at SS and Millar and Doug Mintekewitz at 1st. All the Red Sox need is someone who can catch a ground ball. PITCHING WINS. Damon leaving hurts the Red Sox this year no question because now they have to fill that hole and have to look outside the organization.

2.) I think you're too over confident in the Yankee pitching staff. For someone who bashes Beckett for only winning over 15 games once, Chacon has only won over 10 games once, and Wright and Pavano only won over 15 games once too. The fact is if Pavano and Wright were healthy the whole year the Yankees probably wouldn't have even made the playoffs. Because Wang might not have ever been called up, the Chacon and Leiter trades might not have happened, and Aaron Small for sure wouldn't have come up. Counting on Pavano and Wright is a very very scary thing to say. You're right though there weren't a lot of good pitchers out there, even in trades however the Yankees had no one really to trade on their MLB roster because of the contract sizes and everyone asked for Wang and Cano and the experts all say that the Yankees farm system has 3 or 4 good to decent prospects in it so they didn't have trading chips really.

3.) Yes the Yankees did up grade their pen. Everyone knows my feelings on Farnsworth (I think he stinks) and Dotel (I loved the move if he can stay healthy). I forgot about Villone, however he is just another body out there in my opinion, he had a very good 1st half in Seattle last year and then just fell apart in FL, so who knows what you can get out of him in NY (exactly my feelings on Rudy Saenez). Villone never really had a great season and he's been around for awhile. Myers was a good signing and his only job is to get Ortiz out.

Back
Top Bottom