4-Way Manny Trade in works | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

4-Way Manny Trade in works

Ray Finkle said:
1.) Manny is still in a Red Sox as of right now. Until he's officially traded I still consider him part of the team. You're missing my point though that the Red Sox never had production from the SS or 1st base position since 2004, yet they made the playoffs both times and won a World Series with spliting time between Pokey Reese and Orlando Cabrera at SS and Millar and Doug Mintekewitz at 1st. All the Red Sox need is someone who can catch a ground ball. PITCHING WINS. Damon leaving hurts the Red Sox this year no question because now they have to fill that hole and have to look outside the organization.

2.) I think you're too over confident in the Yankee pitching staff. For someone who bashes Beckett for only winning over 15 games once, Chacon has only won over 10 games once, and Wright and Pavano only won over 15 games once too. The fact is if Pavano and Wright were healthy the whole year the Yankees probably wouldn't have even made the playoffs. Because Wang might not have ever been called up, the Chacon and Leiter trades might not have happened, and Aaron Small for sure wouldn't have come up. Counting on Pavano and Wright is a very very scary thing to say. You're right though there weren't a lot of good pitchers out there, even in trades however the Yankees had no one really to trade on their MLB roster because of the contract sizes and everyone asked for Wang and Cano and the experts all say that the Yankees farm system has 3 or 4 good to decent prospects in it so they didn't have trading chips really.

3.) Yes the Yankees did up grade their pen. Everyone knows my feelings on Farnsworth (I think he stinks) and Dotel (I loved the move if he can stay healthy). I forgot about Villone, however he is just another body out there in my opinion, he had a very good 1st half in Seattle last year and then just fell apart in FL, so who knows what you can get out of him in NY (exactly my feelings on Rudy Saenez). Villone never really had a great season and he's been around for awhile. Myers was a good signing and his only job is to get Ortiz out.

1) Chacon has pitched on a loser his whole career in the worst pitchers ballpark known to mankind!

2) Get my BECKETT stat correct. Only won more than 9 games ONCE in his career!!!!!!!!

3) The Yankees trading chip is their "WALLET" they can take a bad contract away from a team. Save a team millions. The Yankees have the biggest and best trading chip known to man kind. MONEY!

MikeO said:
1) Chacon has pitched on a loser his whole career in the worst pitchers ballpark known to mankind!

2) Get my BECKETT stat correct. Only won more than 9 games ONCE in his career!!!!!!!!

3) The Yankees trading chip is their "WALLET" they can take a bad contract away from a team. Save a team millions. The Yankees have the biggest and best trading chip known to man kind. MONEY!

1) A loser he is, career 31-48 with an era approaching 5.00

2) Beckett has only lost more than 8 games once. (take that:lol: )

3) And this doesn't give the Yanks an unfair advantage over most other teams?

GreenMonster said:
1) A loser he is, career 31-48 with an era approaching 5.00

2) Beckett has only lost more than 8 games once. (take that:lol: )

3) And this doesn't give the Yanks an unfair advantage over most other teams?
On 1) Yeah...in Colorado! How many winning pitchers are in Colorado with low ERA's?!!:shakeno:

On 2) He's always hurt so losing more than 8 only once, never winning more than 9. STAY HEALTHY!

On 3) Boston just did it with Florida. They got Beckett but had to take Lowell and his awful contract. The Angles do it all the time. Mets, Orioles...etc. It just isn't NY! :shakeno:

The Mets and Sox and Rays should be put in jail for robbing the O's black and blue if that trade works.

MikeO said:
On 1) Yeah...in Colorado! How many winning pitchers are in Colorado with low ERA's?!!:shakeno:

On 2) He's always hurt so losing more than 8 only once, never winning more than 9. STAY HEALTHY!

On 3) Boston just did it with Florida. They got Beckett but had to take Lowell and his awful contract. The Angles do it all the time. Mets, Orioles...etc. It just isn't NY! :shakeno:

The Angels? When the hell do the Angels trade even? Finley :lol:

MikeO said:

1.) Beckett has pitched on bad teams himself too, he's only pitched on one winner. It's so funny how you rip on Beckett for his wins yet you fail you see that when defending Chacon for his lack of wins. But if you want to talk about Chacon pitching in Colorado fine. I agree it sucks to pitch there so how was he on the road? In 2004 his road ERA was 6.19, 2003 it was 4.86, 2002 it was 5.05, 2001 it was 4.86. So now explain to me why he's ERA 5.24 in those years on the road. You still want to say that it was because he's on a bad team? Wins effect pitchers on bad teams, its true, however a good pitcher on a bad team will still have a good ERA.

2.) Beckett is still a big game pitcher. IF he's healthy he'll be tough to beat in the playoffs. You know that first hand. The kid has a ton of potential. IF he's healthy and on a "good team" he'll win over 9 games. If healthy Beckett is better than any Yankee starting pitcher not named Johnson.

3.) The Yankees "WALLET" couldn't land them any real talent in a long time via trade. Who was the last player the Yankees got because they could afford to take on the players money, like a Mike Lowell situation with the Red Sox? They still have to trade someone to the team. They can't trade money for a player.

tylerdolphin said:
The Mets and Sox and Rays should be put in jail for robbing the O's black and blue if that trade works.

That's why I doubt it will happen. The O's owner is in love with big bats (i.e. Sosa, Palmerio, Javy Lopez, Ramon Hernandez etc) There's no way he's going to trade Tejeda to the Red Sox and not get a big bat for his team in the deal. He's getting Clement, Benson and Lugo? Come on. The guy wouldn't give up Julio (who was awful), Hayden Penn and Larry Bigie for A.J. Burnett last year while they were still in the race. Also factor in that the O's are fighting the Nationals for fans how could Baltimore get people in their park if they trade Tejeda and don't land another big name to put people in seats? Not to mention if the O's made that move they could very well end up in last place which would kill the franchise with the Nationals next door.

Also factor in the number of players and money involved. Do you really think the Mets are going to pay all of Manny's salary and all of Kaz Matsui's? There's no way Tampa Bay pays a cent for Matsui and there's no way the Mets are going to take on Manny's contract without getting money from the Red Sox.

I doubt this trade is going to happen at all or if the teams even talked about it happening. It just sounds to me like a video game trade that some sports writer made up because he was bored. I don't care if it was on ESPN News either. Like FinsNYanksFan13 said ESPN News reports a ton of stuff it doesn't mean its true. Gotta love the Hot Stove.

i still want that Angels package for Manny... at this point, let's get rid of him... insist that his money goes to the buyer also, and use it to shop for 2-3 bullpen studs...

i will miss Johnny D. and Manny's bat, but let's cherish the WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP they helped bring us and move forward with players who WANT to be in boston...

we look more and more incompetent this offseason.... and i blame the owner.... i don't believe Lucchino pulled all the strings for Theo, and letting Theo walk was a mistake... if not in pure baseball decisions, then at least in perceived image with potential free agents and retaining our own stars..

at least in New York, the Sith Lord calls all the shots, and there's no clash of egos below him... we look ridiculous right now... but there's time to right the ship...

PressCoverage said:
i still want that Angels package for Manny... at this point, let's get rid of him... insist that his money goes to the buyer also, and use it to shop for 2-3 bullpen studs...

i will miss Johnny D. and Manny's bat, but let's cherish the WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP they helped bring us and move forward with players who WANT to be in boston...

we look more and more incompetent this offseason.... and i blame the owner.... i don't believe Lucchino pulled all the strings for Theo, and letting Theo walk was a mistake... if not in pure baseball decisions, then at least in perceived image with potential free agents and retaining our own stars..

at least in New York, the Sith Lord calls all the shots, and there's no clash of egos below him... we look ridiculous right now... but there's time to right the ship...

How do the Sox look more and more incompetent this offseason? Theo walking is more about issues with Theo's brain than the Red Sox F.O. if he's willing to walk away from a $5 million a year dream job because of a newspaper article then more power to him. The Sox were going to announce the signing on a Friday but decided to hold it off until Monday because they didn't want the news to take away from Teddy B returning from his stroke. However happened over the weekend I don't blame the F.O. Plus look at what the F.O. did after Theo left: Got an ace 25 year old proven big game pitcher, added a top 10 prospect, got bullpen help and possibly added the comeback player of the year.

Sure the Red Sox lost Damon however he wasn't worth the money. Losing Damon hurts right now as of Jan 3rd but if the Sox get Coco Crisp to plug in CF or the line off spot that would be an upgrade. He's younger, faster, better D, better power, better arm.

The season starts in April not January. I don't think it's time to panic.

MikeO said:
its all over ESPNews right now. Looks like it could be done this week.

Looks like it's not happening now as Baltimore apparently said no to a Manny, Clement and money for Tejeda. Also the Mets are apparently trading Seo to LAD for a RP Sanchez I believe because Tampa Bay is (surprise surprise) asking for too much for Baez.

I guess #24 will still be in LF next year for the Sox!

Ray Finkle said:
Looks like it's not happening now as Baltimore apparently said no to a Manny, Clement and money for Tejeda. Also the Mets are apparently trading Seo to LAD for a RP Sanchez I believe because Tampa Bay is (surprise surprise) asking for too much for Baez.

I guess #24 will still be in LF next year for the Sox!

Are you sure, many non Sox fans keep insisting that Manny won't play here. This is news..

It's definitely not happening. It sounded like a pipe dream when I first read this thread. The following is an excerpt taken from Peter Gammons latest article.

Peter Gammons said:
Trading Ramirez to Baltimore -- which would also include Matt Clement -- for Miguel Tejada could be determined later this week. It has long been fueled on the Tejada end by his close friend, David Ortiz. It does not in any way include a four-way creation of a Mets fan's Internet fantasy.

"If I were to wager a guess today," says an Oriole executive, "it would be that Manny opens the season with the Red Sox and Tejada is with the Orioles. As far as I'm concerned, Tejada is one of the five best players in the game. His contract [$12 million annual average value] was signed in a down market, as opposed to Manny's [$20 million annual average value], which was signed in an inflationary market. If Tejada went on the market this winter, he'd probably get between $14 million and $16 million a year."

Some Orioles voices are afraid of trading within the division, although now that they play 19 times a season, Ramirez's returning to Fenway and Tejada to Camden Yards would only magnify a rivalry that has so died that, in a September series in Baltimore, Red Sox fans occupied nearly 70 percent of Camden.

http://insider.espn.go.com/mlb/gammons/story?id=2278930

NOTE: It's an insider article, therefore the entire article cannot be viewed without a subscription.

GreenMonster said:
Are you sure, many non Sox fans keep insisting that Manny won't play here. This is news..

In today's Baltimore Sun two sources said that the O's rejected the Manny deal.

Many people I know inside the Sox front office have said that the Sox don't really want to trade Manny (due to not getting equal value and also because he's too important to the team). And also not to believe any negative things you read about him in the papers because Manny is loved by the players in the locker room, the coaches, etc. That last line was straight from Johnny Pesky's mouth (who is a close personal friend of mine and my family) to my ears.

Also what I hear is its Manny's wife that wants out of Boston more than Manny, it's true Manny doesn't like being bugged every time he goes out but his wife got upset last year when reporters followed her to the doctor's asking her personal questions about her health. Hence the reason why Manny went off at the reporters last year and told them he wanted to be traded.

I don't think Manny is going anywhere. I thought the O's were the team that put together the best/closest match for Boston. Manny will be in LF for the Sox next year (and by July him wanting to leave will come up again in the papers it's a funny cycle that non Red Sox fans know nothing about and take these things to heart).

FaninPatsyLand said:
It's definitely not happening. It sounded like a pipe dream when I first read this thread. The following is an excerpt taken from Peter Gammons latest article.

Normally I wouldn't listen to anything Gammons says however he's 100% right. The trade only helps out the Mets and all they have to give up is Benson, Heliman, Matsui and Seo for a Hall of Famer, average to above average closer/set up man. The Rays make out ok in the deal. The Sox get robbed and the O's lose big time and in the process kill their fan base and everyone in the Maryland/DC area officially becomes a National fan.

Plus wasn't it reported in Newsday or New York Post? Nuff said, toally made up by a bored Met fan reporter which I'm shocked they didn't include Huff going to the Mets also. That trade wouldn't even had worked in MVP Baseball. Moving on.

every day that passes is a day we've not yet found a capable lead off hitter... not panicking -- as it's just sports.... but, at this point, i'm concerned... sorry, ... there, i said it...

you say Crisp, eh? we had damn well BETTER get a good table-setter... otherwise, we're 3rd...

exactly what are we waiting for? ...

Back
Top Bottom