49ers can not sign Smith | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

49ers can not sign Smith

yankeehillbilly said:
Rosenhaus??? I thought Condon was Smith's agent.

Rosenhaus is a dick too, but not big of one as Codon, IMO.

I guess it just goes to show you that 99% of NFL agents are dicks.

yankeehillbilly said:

If you really think Rosenhaus is the biggest dick out there, you need to learn a lot about a lot of agents. I understand he annoys Miami fans a lot because of the large number of Dolphins he reps, but he's actually not half bad as agents go if you ask me.

Jimmy James said:
If you really think Rosenhaus is the biggest dick out there, you need to learn a lot about a lot of agents. I understand he annoys Miami fans a lot because of the large number of Dolphins he reps, but he's actually not half bad as agents go if you ask me.

I agree. Rosenhaus is a pain the *** but he does try to negotiate a middle ground, slightly favoring his client. If I had to choose an agent to represent me, I'd choose Rosenhaus.

I'd steer clear of the Poston's and Codon. I really don't like agents that ask more than the market can bear then sit their clients out.

Celtkin said:
I agree. Rosenhaus is a pain the *** but he does try to negotiate a middle ground, slightly favoring his client. If I had to choose an agent to represent me, I'd choose Rosenhaus.

I'd steer clear of the Poston's and Codon. I really don't like agents that ask more than the market can bear then sit their clients out.

Beyond them, there are the agents who are just downright criminals like whoever it was who actually stole most of what a couple of players made...

Just because he does not sign, does not mean he will not be chosen by the 49ers. This late in the game, it would be hard for them to start negotiating with another player and get a deal done. Unless they have been in negotiations will all of them.

Celtkin said:
Smith is playing hard because he is represented by the biggest dick for an agent. I think that SF will sign the least expensive of the two QBs and that is probably going to be Rodgers.

i Disagree....Drew is the worst agent in Pro Sports

yankeehillbilly said:

Agreed. Rosebhaus and the Postons are the worst. Rosenhaus claims to look for the best deal for his clients, but in reality he's looking out for himself.
If he keeps convincing clients to ask for new deals, he gets 3-4% each time. It is not in HIS best interest for his clients to sign long term deals.

PhinSoldia said:
i Disagree....Drew is the worst agent in Pro Sports

Why do you think that and "worst" from whose perspective? From a team's perspective, Rosenhause is a tough negotiator, but gets the job done without having his player sit out or cripple a team's cap. From a player's perspective, Drew seems to be an agent who generally gives good advise.

jlfin said:
Agreed. Rosebhaus and the Postons are the worst. Rosenhaus claims to look for the best deal for his clients, but in reality he's looking out for himself.
If he keeps convincing clients to ask for new deals, he gets 3-4% each time. It is not in HIS best interest for his clients to sign long term deals.

Wasn't it Rosenhaus who fought for a long contract extension for Ogun?

jlfin said:

Wouldn't it be in his best interest to get those long term deals? Otherwise, how does he convince his guys to ask for new deals? If they were signing 2 year contracts or something, he couldn't do what you were accusing him of.

larfo2224 said:
Just because he does not sign, does not mean he will not be chosen by the 49ers. This late in the game, it would be hard for them to start negotiating with another player and get a deal done. Unless they have been in negotiations will all of them.

Which they do. Rodgers agent has already stated that if the Niners decide to go with them that he is confident that they can work out a contract fairly easy. I still think it goes like this...

1)San Fran- Rodgers
2)Miami- Smith
3)Cleveland- Edwards

IMO, you are all way off base to blame any of this on Condon being a dick OR to say that it is posturing by them to avoid being drafted by the 49ers. the Niners are wrongly trying to get off cheap by not bettering Manning's contract.

Plain and simple fact is that EVERY year the #1 pick gets more than the player selected that spot the year before and I don't see any fault in Smith and Condon trying to assure that it happens this year as well. Please find me one year where the top pick didn't get more than the guy before him.

As for Rodgers and Edwards willingness to sign this lower deal is because it is their ONLY chance to get drafted #1 and that offer would be the best that they could do financially.

If the Niners want Smith, they'll take him, contract or not. Even if this leads to a lengthy hold-out, what have they lost.....this pick is the FUTURE of their franchise and a few months of hard negotiations means nothing compared to making the right selection.

TheBostonBomber said:
i wouldn't...........this is my opinion but i don't think that eli is going to be as great as everybody thinks he is. Its almost like everyone thinks he is going to be great just because of his name and his college numbers. We all know that there is alot more that makes a qb than just numbers and a name.

We will have to wait and see though.

Can anybody say Griese? seriously though IMO Eli will be as good as Peyton, many "experts" had him rated better than his brother coming out of college.

Celtkin said:
Why do you think that and "worst" from whose perspective? From a team's perspective, Rosenhause is a tough negotiator, but gets the job done without having his player sit out or cripple a team's cap. From a player's perspective, Drew seems to be an agent who generally gives good advise.

Drew is a dick because he does his job well and that means he screws the team. What do you mean his players don't sit out. That is one of his biggest leverages. He already has guys sitting out of off season workouts. How do you think he stole TO away from his agent. By promising a new deal! If he had any morals or class he would have told him - hey you signed a deal now you live up to it. Philly gave TO 10 mil and now Drew is in there wanting a new deal after 1 year - are you kidding me? Guy is slimy!! I think we finally have a coach in Saban who will tell him to go $@## himself.

eddie4fins said:
Can anybody say Griese? seriously though IMO Eli will be as good as Peyton, many "experts" had him rated better than his brother coming out of college.

Not based on last year that's for sure! College is a very different game than the pros. His last name had ALOT to do with how he was perceived. I loved when SD drafted him anyways and he had to go up to the podium shocked - that was priceless. Where does he and his Dad get off trying to tell a team what to do. IMO he is way overrated - he was like a dear in headlights last year. Warner got screwed by being pulled for Eli. They would have made the playoffs if they stayed with Kurt.

Back
Top Bottom