49'ers/Chargers talking trade!!!! | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

49'ers/Chargers talking trade!!!!

PackPhin said:
I'd think they have thier sights set on Mike Williams not Braylon. Mike plays right in thier backyard so they've seen enough of him.

If the niners do this deal, they are idiots.

Uh your crazy, they could take Mike Williams at 6 with Tenn. if they wanted. They would only trade up this much for Braylon.

Jaj said:
Uh your crazy, they could take Mike Williams at 6 with Tenn. if they wanted. They would only trade up this much for Braylon.

How do you know? Many people feel that Mike Williams is the best player in the draft. I personally don't think Edwards will amount to much.

this means not much teams would want to give up what they have now to go with Leinhart next year....this is detrimental...dummy should have come out this year...this is a decent QB class and in the he will get paid next year...no question but the chances of him getting paid what he would have this year is significantly less

PhinFan0202 said:
I made a thread about this like two days ago. It's Rivers and a second going to San Fran for the #1 overall pick. If this dosen't happen with Niners it could happen for us. Hypethically speaking, if San Fran picks Rodgers first we could trade them for Rivers and a 2nd. If they want to give us one of there first rounders instead by all means i hope it happens.
dude i would take rivers and a 2nd for our #2 overall. of course i'd LIKE to get one of their later first round picks instead of a 2nd rounder, but Rivers was the first overall last year (or 2nd overall), so it would only be fair...

besides i like rodgers and smith, but i'd rather have rivers ;)

that would be a good trade.

saves said:
How do you know? Many people feel that Mike Williams is the best player in the draft. I personally don't think Edwards will amount to much.

who do you believe the best person in the draft is saves??

Jaj-

Actually - regardless of what some mock drafts say, you never know where someone like Williams will go. He may go ahead of Edwards (especially considering the 40's Edwards ran) which could put him anywhere in the top 5. I'm not saying I have Williams ahead of Edwards, just that MUCH crazier things have happened .. so if San Diego definitely wants a specific Wide Out (Edwards OR Williams) they need to get #1. San Fran is trying to trade down and if SD trades with us assuming they can get their wide out ... who knows maybe suddenly Minnesota jumps ahead of them and takes their guy. You don't trade up to get "one of the top 2 wide outs", you trade up cause you want one particular guy.

PhinSoldia said:
who do you believe the best person in the draft is saves??

Personally, I would be happy with either Mike or Caddy Williams, I think they both haver superstar potential.

In all likeliness however they won't trade up that far to get Williams. But fine I'll take your point, I'm not ignorant.

I just realized if SD/SF do the trade and SD takes a wide out then our pick becomes more valuable because quite a few teams want that 2nd wide out. Could we trade down with Minny cause assuming the top 2 picks are wide outs then at least one of the QB's should be available at #8. Ideally I would love to trade down a few times and pick up a couple extra 1st's next year.

I think Braylon has a good head on his shoulders in all the interviews I saw him in. I think Williams has much more to prove with having to sit a year. Just my two cents.

What's the difference in salary for #1 and #2. I'm sure it wouldn't cost SD anymore to move up to the #1 position then the #2. So essentially all they benefit is the difference in salary.

Jaj said:
Wait Rivers and the #12 makes sense value wise. Rivers straight up does not. Hmm interesting. Pretty much guarantees them Edwards. I just don't understand why they didn't want to do this with us? The difference between the money at the #1 and the #2 is huge.
Everyone knows San Francisco needs a new QB, Rivers is great bait for that trade. The Dolphins, however, can still go either way. They won't offer a QB to a team that might not need one. I worded that pretty poorly, let me give you an example:
You don't give Indianapolis a QB to trade draft picks, they've got the QB spot on lock. A team like San Francisco would benefit because they need help in a lot of different areas, QB being the most blatant. If Miami doesn't need a QB they won't offer one. The question then becomes... Does Miami need a QB?

Very interesting. I wonder of they are willing to pay that much for a player who may go as late as #5. Seems like a stretch but they have the extra picks so who knows.

popularwar said:
Everyone knows San Francisco needs a new QB, Rivers is great bait for that trade. The Dolphins, however, can still go either way. They won't offer a QB to a team that might not need one. I worded that pretty poorly, let me give you an example:
You don't give Indianapolis a QB to trade draft picks, they've got the QB spot on lock. A team like San Francisco would benefit because they need help in a lot of different areas, QB being the most blatant. If Miami doesn't need a QB they won't offer one. The question then becomes... Does Miami need a QB?

Sorry but I can't agree with that really. The 49ers had a worse line then us believe it or not last year, also a non-existent running game, and terrible receiving. Tim Rattay still put up a more impressive passer rating than Feeley(78). Our need for a QB is just as bad as their need, and Rattay and Feeley are very similar QBs. Rattay might be a tad more accurate and a better decision maker, while Feeley might have a bit stronger arm and a little better size. We could use Rivers just as much as S.F.

Even though I was never very big on Rivers, he is almost as good as Rodgers in my opinion and I hold him with the same regard as I do Smith. I would jump all over a trade if it includes the 12 and Rivers. I'd even be happy with the 28th+Rivers and a 2nd rounder.

Jaj said:
Sorry but I can't agree with that really.
Agree with what? I was just giving an example.

Jaj said:
The 49ers had a worse line then us believe it or not last year, also a non-existent running game, and terrible receiving. Tim Rattay still put up a more impressive passer rating than Feeley(78). Our need for a QB is just as bad as their need, and Rattay and Feeley are very similar QBs. Rattay might be a tad more accurate and a better decision maker, while Feeley might have a bit stronger arm and a little better size. We could use Rivers just as much as S.F.
That may be, I'm just saying that San Francisco has the more obvious need for a QB ( Feeley has a few things going for him, like how he didn't start all of last season). Therefore, San Francisco is more likely to jump on a deal that would give them a starting QB and a first round pick.

Jaj said:
Even though I was never very big on Rivers, he is almost as good as Rodgers in my opinion and I hold him with the same regard as I do Smith. I would jump all over a trade if it includes the 12 and Rivers. I'd even be happy with the 28th+Rivers and a 2nd rounder.
I've liked Rivers since he declared a year ago, I just think we'd have to see more of him.

Back
Top Bottom