49ers just traded for the Broncos 22nd pick | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

49ers just traded for the Broncos 22nd pick

PhinsPhan

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
49ers traded their 2nd and 3rd round draft choices to the Broncos for the 22nd pick in the draft.

Does anyone think this is a manuever to try and move up and grab Reggie Bush? It would make sense, RB is a concern for the 49ers and he is the best player and also from California.

Could be. But if the you can get a 2nd and a 3rd for the 22nd pick in the first round, there's no doubt in my mind that we can get a 2nd and two 3rd's/2nd, 3rd, and 4th/a late 1st and a 2nd or 3rd. IMO, I think that would be the best situation for us, to trade down and get picks.

Well thats definitely gonna make things interesting. Wish we could trade down and pick up a 2nd!

Why would the 49ers do that trade today? They entire roster is a need and they need all the picks they can get. If they're targeting someone, they should have waited till draft day to make sure that player is still there.

Yeah, those 49ers picks were also high in each of their respective rounds.

I am sure we would be better off if Saban had more later picks because he still probably knows alot of the guys through his recruiting process at LSU. Everyone knows the first rounders it is the late rounders that people are not always sure on.

Also with the depth at corner and OLB this year we could still get a very talented player in the 2nd. Finally, if Whitner or Cromartie are likely to be our picks we could trade to the 2nd and still have a shot at them if they slip.

MiamiMan147 said:
Why would the 49ers do that trade today? They entire roster is a need and they need all the picks they can get. If they're targeting someone, they should have waited till draft day to make sure that player is still there.

Maybe their stocking ammo to move up to the top 3ish. I agree though they need all the picks they can get.

MiamiMan147 said:

That's why it could make sense for Reggie Bush. He is the one player you know where he is going to be taken.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2413928

ENGLEWOOD, Colo. -- The San Francisco 49ers now have two first-round picks in this month's NFL draft.
The Niners acquired the 22nd overall selection in the draft from the Denver Broncos on Wednesday for picks in the second round and third round.

The Broncos will receive the 37th and 68th overall picks in the deal.

The Niners own the sixth overall pick in the draft as well as No. 22 in the first round.

The New York Jets are the only other team with two first-round picks in the April 29 draft.
The Broncos now own seven picks in the first four rounds. They have the 15th overall selection after moving up from 29th in a deal with Atlanta.

Denver had acquired the 22nd overall pick from Washington in a trade last April.

PhinsPhan said:
That's why it could make sense for Reggie Bush. He is the one player you know where he is going to be taken.

They don't have enough ammo to get the #1 spot.

TXFinFan said:

Thanks for the link I just saw it on NFL Network.

Also:

I don't think the 49ers are that bad. Their defense played quite well last year and I am sure they can do it again. They also have a decent core of olinemen and their supposed QB of the future. What they are in real need of is a game changer and playmaker on offense. Antonio Bryant is a nice receiver but he is not a game changer. Kevan Barlow is a nice running back but not a game changer. Eric Johnson is a nice TE but not a game changer. That is why they might need someone like Reggie Bush. The other option is they could position themselves for Mario Williams, but that doesnt seem to address their needs and he could go anywhere in the top 5 making it risky to trade up now.

TXFinFan said:
They don't have enough ammo to get the #1 spot.

I don't have a chart out but I would think the 6th, 22nd and a 4th or 5th round draft pick or maybe a 3rd rounder next year would be enough ammo.

The Texans are known to want to trade down, they don't have a need for RB and yet it seems they are going to be practically forced to take Reggie Bush. They would be better off trading down to the 6th and picking up additional picks. Although if the Texans trade down I still think the best pick for them would be D'Brickshaw, who I don't see being there at 6.

Making a trade for equal value doesn't give you any more ammunition for trading up. Then again, maybe its Houston's preference to pick up an extra 1st in any trade and they've already told SF this.

The #6 and #22 wont be enough to trade up to #1. They'd have to throw in next year's 2nd and 3rd, or even next years 1st for the value to be there. The gap in value between 1 and 6 is huge.

Values from NFLDraftCountdown.com
1 = 3000
6 + 22 = 1600 + 780 = 2380

Even if these arent the exact values that Houston and SF use, that's still a huge gap.

this is NOT a deal for san francisco to trade up, it's for DENVER. mario williams and vernon davis...they'll try to get one , watch!

UF Fin Kat said:
this is NOT a deal for san francisco to trade up, it's for DENVER. mario williams and vernon davis...they'll try to get one , watch!

it doesnt make sense to give up a first for a 2nd and 3rd then. two 1sts' would be more enticing(cant spell) i would think.

Either 49ers want to move up for DBrickashaw, or they are going to stay put IMO. They have alot of holes, 2 first round guys who could start right away for them would be a nice addition.

I think the 49ers want Vernon Davis and then a Corner with their other 1st rounder. 2 HUGE needs for them.

Back
Top Bottom