49ers just traded for the Broncos 22nd pick | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

49ers just traded for the Broncos 22nd pick

Nappy Roots said:
it doesnt make sense to give up a first for a 2nd and 3rd then. two 1sts' would be more enticing(cant spell) i would think.
the broncos now have 7 picks in the first 4 rounds. 2 in each of the 2nd, 3rd and 4th. with the 15th pick, they could easily make a deal to move up 7 and make a deal with oakland to get davis. i bet denver initiated this deal so they could get san fran's 6th, so they settled for this. i can totally see them doign this. denver really doesn't need 7 picks that high.

TXFinFan said:
I think the 49ers want Vernon Davis and then a Corner with their other 1st rounder. 2 HUGE needs for them.

yea. Now that they have another pick, they dont HAVE to go defense with their first. so getting Vernon Davis or possibly Winston Justice would be good to go along with a CB like Tye Hill at 22.

they have alot of options. i like the trade for the 9ers, not the broncos though.

UF Fin Kat said:
the broncos now have 7 picks in the first 4 rounds. 2 in each of the 2nd, 3rd and 4th. with the 15th pick, they could easily make a deal to move up 7 and make a deal with oakland to get davis. i bet denver initiated this deal so they could get san fran's 6th, so they settled for this. i can totally see them doign this. denver really doesn't need 7 picks that high.

i guess your right. after lookin at the value chart the 15th pick, and 22nd pick would of been to much for the 7th pick. still think its a good trade for the 9ers

For the Broncos it was somewhat stupid in the fact that they won't get a WR/RB combo from the 1st round. I'm not sure if the RB they want will be available at their 2nd round pick but it's always possible(Lendale or Addai). Now with the Lelie situation and Javon Walker situation a swap is possible.

Another factor could be that Denver wanted an extra 2nd or 3rd to trade for Javon Walker. They are very interested in him. I haven't heard GB's asking price though.

Jaj said:
For the Broncos it was somewhat stupid in the fact that they won't get a WR/RB combo from the 1st round. I'm not sure if the RB they want will be available at their 2nd round pick but it's always possible(Lendale or Addai). Now with the Lelie situation and Javon Walker situation a swap is possible.

whats going on with Lelie, i havent heard bout that?

Jaj said:

Denver can find a running back anywhere. I think they are better off taking one a bit later.

Nappy Roots said:
whats going on with Lelie, i havent heard bout that?

He wants to be a #1 WR somewhere and is holding out of offseason condtioning programs in hopes of being traded.

PhinsPhan said:
Denver can find a running back anywhere. I think they are better off taking one a bit later.

Again with this theory... Well tell me this if Denver can get a decent RB and make him good what's to say they can't make a good RB GREAT. Besides the value at RB is not in the 2nd round it's in the late 1st.

Nappy Roots said:
i guess your right.
:yes:
Nappy Roots said:
after lookin at the value chart the 15th pick, and 22nd pick would of been to much for the 7th pick. still think its a good trade for the 9ers
:yes:

this is a good deal for both teams. san francisco won't give up their top 10 pick and denver can move up and grab a playre they're targeting, which COULD make another player drop to us.

I also think this was a good deal for both teams. San Fran probably has more needs than anyone in the NFL and it is going to be another tough year for the 49ers. Shanny always seems to make a lot of shrewd moves for the Broncos but they have had a lot of guys that have been total busts for them over the years.

Back
Top Bottom