5/31 OTA Session | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

5/31 OTA Session

Phillips reminds me of another DL we had named Paul Soliai. He kept showing progress every year and finally understood what the NFL was looking for.

OTA's are pointless for determining such things. Not only are they not wearing pads but the defense knows what plays are being worked on and used. That's why the play by play commentary and judging the offensive/defensive units by production are useless. Coaches are simply working on and looking at individual technique specific to the drill being run, not the outcome of the play. They could care less if it results in a defensive interception, sack, or offensive touchdown as long as the plays and positions are being run exactly as called.

Man SOS, who peed in your Cheerios this morning? We finally get to talk about football, lighten up!

Phillips reminds me of another DL we had named Paul Soliai. He kept showing progress every year and finally understood what the NFL was looking for.

There's really no comparison when it comes to the two, though, other than them both being big mother****ers. Soliai had little penetration ability. Phillips has more physical tools/gifts than Soliai ever had. If the light comes on he should be a very good DT

I know it's just OTA's but can we ever get this oline fixed???

I'm more excited to hear about Harris looking the part right away....not all that worried about oline this year, think it will be at least a good oline barring bad luck with injuries.

Man SOS, who peed in your Cheerios this morning? We finally get to talk about football, lighten up!

That yellow hued liquid in my Cheerios was beer not piss.

I explained the purpose of OTA's and how coaches view it. I was not being negative and at the same time offsetting a negative perspective on the o-line's play.

That yellow hued liquid in my Cheerios was beer not piss.

I explained the purpose of OTA's and how coaches view it. I was not being negative and at the same time offsetting a negative perspective on the o-line's play.
Yup! I couldnt careles about sacks and especially INTs... I mean, I actually view the INTs from Tannehill as a good thing, considering its never been a problem from him. Im actually glad he's using those practice to experiment with what he can and can't get away with...

Back
Top Bottom