5 Instant Takeaways: Miami Dolphins At Tampa Bay Bucs | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

5 Instant Takeaways: Miami Dolphins At Tampa Bay Bucs

DKphin

Club Member
Reaction score
I'll add: I really like Laird and hope he makes the final 53.

AR-190817899.jpg

Josh Rosen started at quarterback for the Dolphins on Friday night, but the most encouraging aspects of a game at the Bucs came on defense.

The Miami defense held Tampa Bay to 2.5 yards per play in the first half, recording three sacks and one forced fumble.

Miami has its issues, particularly along the offensive line and in the secondary. As Brian Flores attempts to instill a culture discipline, accountability and toughness, one overriding problem figures to plague the team this season — a lack of talent.

Here are five instant takeaways from Miami’s second preseason game of the season:

https://www.palmbeachpost.com/sports/20190816/5-instant-takeaways-miami-dolphins-at-tampa-bay-bucs

I got a blur redacted article from the feckin' Palm Beach Post...

And the rest of you mouth breathers don't deserve 2-14...

Laird and farrow are obvious cuts.

They have to decide on Walton and gaskins. I think they probably carry both but it might depend on if they carry the cox kid. And I’m not really seeing much there right now to say you must carry me.

But that might be also his versatility hasn’t been featured either.

Has it entered any of your minds that maybe some of us arent rooting for 2-14, but we just see the team as it is and 2-3 wins might be the most likely scenario? Do you think Grier expects to make the playoffs?

What about Ross? who usually comes out this time of year stating he absolutely expects a good team, alot of wins and the playoffs this time around... No sign of him... Hmmmm... Well we havent heard a peep since the "Gotta take a step back in order to... blah blah blah".

Some are rooting for the 1st pick because thats most probably what Ross and the GM are rooting for too... They just cant say it out loud...

I agree. You are starting to see the scheme offset talent on d

The scheme alone is going to be night-and-day vs. Burke. And there is some talent on the defense. I have much more confidence in the current coaching staff’s ability to put these players into positions where success is possible.

I’m not predicting playoffs or even a .500 record yet, but 2-14 is not happening.

I agree. You are starting to see the scheme offset talent on d
Are you talking about yesterdays game? If so how much of an impact did the weather have in making defensive play look good?

Laird and farrow are obvious cuts.

They have to decide on Walton and gaskins. I think they probably carry both but it might depend on if they carry the cox kid. And I’m not really seeing much there right now to say you must carry me.

But that might be also his versatility hasn’t been featured either.
Of what we have seen in games, you're telling me that Walton has looked better than Laird?:shrug:

Back
Top Bottom