5 out of 7 "Experts" agree | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

5 out of 7 "Experts" agree

Dajesus

Active Roster
Reaction score
that Miami will lose Sunday to the giants on espn.com. I think that is very odd considering how bad the Giants have looked against bad teams. It is also odd because 3 guys picked Miami against the Bills, and I am much more optamistic this week then I was in that game.

I noticed that too, and I also found that odd. Doesn't make sense to me, but hey, what do I know? Well, I guess I know more than some of these "experts" do. For the record, I hate Ron Jaworski. I hate that guy with a passion......

Well, the only thing I could imagine they are looking at is that the Giants have been spectacular against the run, but I would attribute that more towards their total incompitance against the pass, Jay could be in for a big day here.

And when you look at the Giants on offense, my god, they have more weapons than just about anybody in the league. How do you stop them all? This will be the biggest test of our D this year.

That said, I think we still win this game.

Originally posted by Barbarian
Well, the only thing I could imagine they are looking at is that , the Giants have been spectacular against the run but I would attribute that more towards their total incompitance against the pass, Jay could be in for a big day here.

And when you look at the Giants on offense, my god, they have more weapons than just about anybody in the league. How do you stop them all? This will be the biggest test of our D this year.

They haven't seen the likes of Ricky yet!
Go Dolphins!

that will make a difference. have they been up against a running back like ricky? i think the short pass in the flat and over the middle is gonna kill them. konrad, mcmichael and ricky should have big games.

Well, so far the Giants have run up against Faulk, Hambrick, and Candidate/Betts. Only Faulk is as serious threat as Ricky.

That said, I don't think ricky is going to hit many big ones. NY's LB's are extreamly athletic and great tacklers, and Konrad, even though he is my boy, just hasn't been getting the job done on run blocking.

So what am I saying, probably expect a load of 3-5 yard runs for ricky, and probably nothing beyond 8. But I also doubt they will stuff him at the line very often either as their line just isn't geared up to stuff the run.

I think RW can wear them down easier than he did the Bills, 'cuz I think Fiedler should have a better game

Well, so far the Giants have run up against Faulk, Hambrick, and Candidate/Betts. Only Faulk is as serious threat as Ricky.

That said, I don't think ricky is going to hit many big ones. NY's LB's are extreamly athletic and great tacklers, and Konrad, even though he is my boy, just hasn't been getting the job done on run blocking.

So what am I saying, probably expect a load of 3-5 yard runs for ricky, and probably nothing beyond 8. But I also doubt they will stuff him at the line very often either as their line just isn't geared up to stuff the run.

You are way off about Konrad. There is a noticeable improvement in his run blocking. He was blowin' people up against the Bills.

Originally posted by JackMeehov

You are way off about Konrad. There is a noticeable improvement in his run blocking. He was blowin' people up against the Bills.

Well, unfortunately I didn't see the Bills game as I was at work and could only hear the webcast, but I know what I saw against the Jets and the Texans, and he was definately blowing guys up... they just were typically the wrong guy.

Konrad had been missing assignments and when a running back is typically gaining 3-4 yards on a consistant basis but not getting much else, the first place to look should be the fullback (I say this as an ex-fullback in HS and College) Konrad has hit the holes and instead of nailing the LB that is coming in on the hole, he is hitting the safety that is coming up (or vice versa if the safety is coming from the side), it's a common misread for Fullbacks whose blocking assignments may seem simple but are complex in their need to make a split second decision on which defender poses the greatest threat to the Running back, Konrad has been making poor decisions prior to Buffalo, if that has changed, then I have no clue as to why ricky could make it past Buffalos first line of defense, and not get through the second line into the secondary, because opening those holes is Konrads job. :confused:

Well, unfortunately I didn't see the Bills game as I was at work and could only hear the webcast, but I know what I saw against the Jets and the Texans, and he was definately blowing guys up... they just were typically the wrong guy.

Konrad had been missing assignments and when a running back is typically gaining 3-4 yards on a consistant basis but not getting much else, the first place to look should be the fullback (I say this as an ex-fullback in HS and College) Konrad has hit the holes and instead of nailing the LB that is coming in on the hole, he is hitting the safety that is coming up (or vice versa if the safety is coming from the side), it's a common misread for Fullbacks whose blocking assignments may seem simple but are complex in their need to make a split second decision on which defender poses the greatest threat to the Running back, Konrad has been making poor decisions prior to Buffalo, if that has changed, then I have no clue as to why ricky could make it past Buffalos first line of defense, and not get through the second line into the secondary, because opening those holes is Konrads job. :confused:

Well said. If Konrad was hitting the right blocks, it would've been a 200 yarder like last year. RW wasn't hitting the 10-15 yarders like he did vs. us last year

I wasn't the only one on this board who saw Konrad knocking people around-

http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/s...23864&s=&perpage=15&pagenumber=1&display=show

http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/showthread.php?s=&threadid=23866

As for your assertion that getting through the first line of defense should translate to more yards, I dunno, maybe the receivers weren't blocking well downfield? Maybe Konrad missed some assignments, but I know I saw him knocking some LBs on their asses. My point is that Konrad is playing much more physical this year and his blocking technique has improved. He's a smart guy, he'll watch the film and as Wanne says, he'll clean some things up.

I agree with Barbarian. Generally our Blocking on the right side including Konrad has been week. There have been no holes like there were last year. Konrad has been doing average at best. He's not been moving people to clear the lane just holding his own. McKinney Perry and Todd Wade are doing well against the pass but are also not creating holes.

It is quite simple in theory. Get in Collin's face, and control the line of scrimmage. The Phins pressure Collins.....Giants offense bad. The Phins don't pressure him.....Giants offense good. New York has too many weapons to choose from. Infact, the New York offense scares me a heck of a lot more than Buffalo did minus Price and a healthy Henry. Take Moulds away and Buffalo doesn't have a big time threat. Take Toomer away, and Shockey, Hilliard and Barber can all kill a defense.

Collins can't throw passes from the turf though. Its time for the pass rushers to really assert themselves. Facing a very inexperienced offensive line should really help the Phins this week. I look for this game to be decided in the trenches (as all good football games should be).

Mark my words right now, if people are saying that the Giants secondary is weak, look for Fiedler to be completely frustrated by them during this game.

Last season it was the Vikings pass defense that was crap, and Jay couldn't complete anything.

Anytime a team is supposed to be weak in one area, it shows up that week, and proves they can play.

This game scares me, and they had better plan on just pounding Ricky at them in order to keepthe ball out of Kerry's hands. Our D is going back to mainly zone for this game, so look for a lot of big plays against our secondary.

Back
Top Bottom