5th round pick Tony Lippett highlights | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

5th round pick Tony Lippett highlights

I'm a fan. Always have been. He's a true football player. He could make the backend of this roster as a WR, but a move to CB sounds really intriguing. Immediate ST impact player and interesting project for the secondary moving forward.

this kid has great hands and uses his body well. he could be a good redzone threat, but could also be coached into a great cornerback with some serious takeaway skills!

He's most definitely a PS player. He has some tools to work with at corner, but he needs at least 1-2 years on the PS to develop.. the only thing is, the way football is now if you can't develop a PS guy in 1 year he's most likely to be axed for the new crop of UDFA guys the following year.

Can he stick for 2 years? Maybe 1 year on PS and make the jump to the roster in 2016.. That's his only hope of making it.

He can play both WR & CB.

So maybe he'll be a backup WR, and backup CB, and Special Teams player, thus essentially freeing up an extra roster spot.

I mean, he already looks better than Matt Hazel.

In general, the 6th WR on the roster isn't going to get many receptions during the year anyway. If he can free up an extra roster spot, that might be his greatest value.

Watching the Senior Bowl this is what Charles Davis and Mayock were saying that many teams wanted him to convert to CB. So its not just Hickey and co. here. obviously, the league knows he played CB and his size is huge for the position. This is something that should be obvious to people.

Its a project that could pay off sooner than people think.

Like take perhaps the situation we found ourselves in against the Jets on MNF. We had a guy off the street starting at CB because of injuries. Perfect time for someone like Lippett to make his debut.

At 6'3" as a corner, you are talking serious steal if he can make the switch. I think the first step is to actually mentally accept that change. He was unwilling at Senior Bowl. He said yesterday he would change. It is our biggest project IMO with the biggest upside. He is a rookie and any rookie drafted late wont see action anyways with Philbin here. He will get his chances in preseason so it should be interesting to watch.

If he ends up on PS, teams might be reluctant to want him because of time lost working at WR and them wanting him for the same reason where they have to invest in the project.

With the overall view of this draft and how the percieved depth was not really all that, and we were smart enough to end our draft with 4 5th rounders, it is not a wasted pick. They have a plan. I like that. This is not just some by chance thing here.

He can play both WR & CB.

So maybe he'll be a backup WR, and backup CB, and Special Teams player, thus essentially freeing up an extra roster spot.

I mean, he already looks better than Matt Hazel.

In general, the 6th WR on the roster isn't going to get many receptions during the year anyway. If he can free up an extra roster spot, that might be his greatest value.

And you just identified the key player here that enables Lippett to make this team. Hazel had some problems late last year with attitude I understand. matthews problems with this as well.

My buddy and I were talking about this very thing.

The ad is covering half the video on iPad. Really sucks.

Back
Top Bottom