6-Foot-8 Little Leaguer Towers Over Foes | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

6-Foot-8 Little Leaguer Towers Over Foes

BAMAPHIN 22

FinHeaven Elite
Reaction score
Aaron Durley towers over the competition at the Little League World Series.
The 13-year-old first baseman for Dhahran, Saudi Arabia, stands an imposing 6-foot-8 and weighs 256 pounds.

"I was standing next to him and I was up to his elbows," Scott Kingery, a 12-year-old, 4-foot-9 Phoenix shortstop, said after meeting Durley.

At the secluded dorms where teams stay during the tournament, Durley has become as much of an attraction as the pool, the pingpong table and the video arcade.

The soft-spoken Durley doesn't mind the attention. He even lets opponents snap pictures with him during down time.

But Durley, who played at the series last year, too when he was a mere 6-foot-4 is crystal-clear about his top priority in South Williamsport.

"I'm more confident this year, ready to do what I need to do," Durley said after a practice. "Hit the ball out."

Fittingly, his favorite major leaguer is David "Big Papi" Ortiz, the Boston Red Sox slugger.

Durley, batting fifth, didn't hit a homer, but he walked twice, singled and scored a run Sunday when his Arabian American squad from Dhahran defeated Saipan, 9-1. Saudi Arabia (2-0) stands a good chance of advancing out of pool play after failing to win a game last year.

Also Sunday, two players were hurt during the game between Lemont, Ill., and Staten Island, N.Y., and taken to Williamsport Hospital.

Lemont outfielder Austin Mastela was hit by a pitch in the helmet in the second and had bleeding and swelling near the back of his ear, manager Mike Hall said. Staten Island shortstop Chris Goetz hurt his right leg after being called out at home while trying to score on an attempted squeeze play.

http://abcnews.go.com/Sports/wireStory?id=2336506

wtf? thats insane

clear.gif

and his birth certificate was signed yesterday.

6'8" 12 year old.......please, this is why this whole LL WS has no credibility

Guys. Someone wouldn't be stupid enough to FAKE that. A 6'8" 12 year old. Think about it. If you're going to fake an age, don't let that kid stand out like a sore thumb.

He's 13 btw. Some dudes are tall. Shaq was about that height when he was 12.

Phinz4Life said:
Guys. Someone wouldn't be stupid enough to FAKE that. A 6'8" 12 year old. Think about it. If you're going to fake an age, don't let that kid stand out like a sore thumb.

exactly

Is he an American living in Saudi Arabia? Doesn't look Arabian. I know many American companies are based in Dhahran. Shaq was only 6' 6" when he was 13.

Phinz4Life said:

Why not? Alot of foriegn athletes have faked birth certificates. How is anyone going to prove he isnt 13? There are always bigger kids that are seriously questionable. Thats why the LLWS is a joke. Countries will actually cheat and put ringers on teams to win a little league title. Its pathetic.
If this kid is really 12 hes literally like 1 in a BILLION, no one gets that big that quick. Even Shaq wasn't that big. I bet every NCAA team has offered him some cash already.

MikeO said:
and his birth certificate was signed yesterday.

6'8" 12 year old.......please, this is why this whole LL WS has no credibility

The worlds tallest man, Robert Wadlow, was 6'6 at age 10. It isn't impossible.

finfansince72 said:
Why not? Alot of foriegn athletes have faked birth certificates. How is anyone going to prove he isnt 13? There are always bigger kids that are seriously questionable. Thats why the LLWS is a joke. Countries will actually cheat and put ringers on teams to win a little league title. Its pathetic.
If this kid is really 12 hes literally like 1 in a BILLION, no one gets that big that quick. Even Shaq wasn't that big. I bet every NCAA team has offered him some cash already.

No, what is a joke is that several people on internet forums like this one are indirectly accusing the boy's family of being liars with no evidence other than OMG LOOK HOW TALL HE IS=IMPOSSIBLE.

Back
Top Bottom