60 Mins Interview w/ our good friend Ricky | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

60 Mins Interview w/ our good friend Ricky

DolFan31 said:
You guys are way too biased and are only seeing this from a certain perspective. Try seeing it from Ricky's perspective. I think some of Ricky's answers made sense.
[/B]

The only way RW's responses make sense is if you are a dope smoking, irresponsible and immature kid who wants to do whatever whim strikes him without concern for it's affect on anyone else. I know because I WAS that nutty at the age of 19-23.

bills and jets

finfans, who agrees it would be better if the bills and jets left!!!!!! :fire:

bills run away with the herd
jets fly away

this was typed by john kent, welderpats 11year old son :evil: :evil:

DolFan31 said:
You guys are way too biased and are only seeing this from a certain perspective. Try seeing it from Ricky's perspective. I think some of Ricky's answers made sense.

"You're apologizing for letting them down," says Wallace. "The Dolphins thought with you, and mainly with you that they had a chance at the Super Bowl."

"What if I disagree? Do I still have to apologize, that I cost them their season," says Williams. "I played my butt off. I played as hard as I could whenever I put that uniform on. But I’m not doing that anymore, you know? I moved on. So when is it OK for me to stop playing football? When would it have been OK for me to stop playing football? When my knees went out? When my shoulders went out? When I had too many concussions? Like what? When is it OK?"

Biased? If anything Ricky was talking out the side of his mouth........wasn't he the one to admit he wasn't running hard in 2003 as compared to the previous year? And yet he sits there and says to Wallace's face that he played his butt off whenever he put on his uniform.

Celtkin said:
I watched the interview and I have to disagree with you. I thought Wallace conducted a good interview, asked appropriate questions and was truely taken back by some of Ricky's answers. I also got a new appreciation for how clueless Ricky was.

Absolutely. I watched the interview as well, and was just stunned by some of Ricky's answers. When Wallace asked him if he ever did anything worse than marijuana, he answered "I like sweets". I swear, I nearly spit my drink all over the TV when he said that I was so taken aback. It was at that point that I realized how far gone Ricky is. If you saw the interview instaed of just reading a transcrpit, you'd realize the Wallace's quesiotns were more than fair and that Ricky is living on a planet all his own.

Im not wanting to start any debates, thats for the political thread, but just my 2 cents, Wallace is a jerk. Ricky is a different but we all know someone who is. Native Americans do a lot of what Ricky is into, holistic medicine. Does that make them crazy?

The moment that stood out to me was Ricky's immediate reply, "What if I disagree?" after Wallace mentioned a chance at the Super Bowl. The tone and the instant response indicated to me the state of the team was the primary reason Ricky quit. He had handicapped Spielman's moves much better than virtually anyone else and didn't want to be the guinea pig, physically and in terms of reputation.

Not that I'm defending his solution.

I think Ricky's statement that he didn't run as hard in 2003 is a blatant lie, or a self-rationalizing excuse for his obvious decline that year. Frankly, I think it was more a case of Ricky having a freak season in 2002 than any decline in 2003. He ran better in 2002 in terms of instincts, elusiveness and big play ability than anything he threatened prior to that, college or pro. Like a very good horse who inexplicably becomes great for one race or series of races. When Ricky couldn't duplicate it the next year, I think it puzzled him and he spent the offseason searching for reasons. With a prospect of a lousy offensive line, that just exasperated the soul searching and he chose the easy way out.

When I saw the interview, my first thought was that Ricky was high. Wallace was right though, it costs alot of money to live so freely.

DolFan31 said:
Im not wanting to start any debates, thats for the political thread, but just my 2 cents, Wallace is a jerk. Ricky is a different but we all know someone who is. Native Americans do a lot of what Ricky is into, holistic medicine. Does that make them crazy?

Holstic medicine isn't crazy, what Ricky gave up to go do it is though.

The only thing I disagree with was the timing. But Wannestedt set this up by acting like Ricky's slave driver "I you were my son, Id tell you to play football". Think about it: Ricky this, Ricky that, Run Ricky Run, bieng used to slam into the middle all the time, practically killing himself. Id feel like a slave too.Ricky leaving I think was a dagger into Wannestedt. Its what set us, and him, free.

Back
Top Bottom