7-9 was unimaginable....but now realistic! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

7-9 was unimaginable....but now realistic!

normaniii

Active Roster
Reaction score
Im fed up with all the negativity with some fin fans. I like the majority never thought with a rookie HC & QB, 2 new co-ordinators, losing our best WR & CB that we would ever realistically be in with a shout of posting 7 wins. A lot, had us up for no.1 pick in 2013!

I know a lot has to do with Jeff Ireland, but the last 2-3 years I have been impressed with the talent he has brought to roster. IMO he seems to have a good working relationship with Philbin and I think that is essential in moving forward, so time to forget about past.

I hope we keep all the FO and coaching staff in place for next year, add a couple of receivers, pass rushers and CB's and trust in Ireland/Philbin has to who to resign and release and finally knock the Pats off no.1 :up:

Some fans can be given slop, told its filet mignon and they'll lap it up like its a four star dinner. The next year they can be given slop again, told its filet mignon and they'll lap it up again like its world class cuisine.

The thought of Jeff Ireland having a lot of money for free agency and 5 of the first 90 picks is disappointing. I'd much rather give Brian Gaine a chance then have another off season with Ireland.

Im fed up with all the negativity with some fin fans. I like the majority never thought with a rookie HC & QB, 2 new co-ordinators, losing our best WR & CB that we would ever realistically be in with a shout of posting 7 wins. A lot, had us up for no.1 pick in 2013!

I know a lot has to do with Jeff Ireland, but the last 2-3 years I have been impressed with the talent he has brought to roster. IMO he seems to have a good working relationship with Philbin and I think that is essential in moving forward, so time to forget about past.

I hope we keep all the FO and coaching staff in place for next year, add a couple of receivers, pass rushers and CB's and trust in Ireland/Philbin has to who to resign and release and finally knock the Pats off no.1 :up:

Glad to see I'm not the only one here with some perspective.

If a team wants to improve it doesn't forget about the past, it LEARNS from it.

The talent we have on our roster? We have the 33rd rated QB for qualifying QBs. There are only 32 teams...let that sink in for a moment.

Hooray sub .500!

Nothing changed from last season!

:iwantmore: :iwantmore:

Actually a lot has changed. Namely we're starting a rookie QB who will be our future.

We also didn't start the season 0-7.

Our defense has actually improved.

So has our special teams (minus the muffed punt this week)

Actually a lot has changed. Namely we're starting a rookie QB who will be our future.

We're still guaranteed another losing season.

I'm excited, too.

We're still guaranteed another losing season.

I'm excited, too.

Yea but, did you ever truly expect anything better than 8-8 heading into the season?

This was always a transition year, and I think we've shown some great progress.

Everyone who called for Sparano's head last year had to know this was coming. Philbin came in and got rid of our best playmaker because he wants the team he wants. Which is fine with me.

I knew if he grabbed a new coach we'd have to wait one more year, as I think most did.

That's why I don't understand the rampant negativity.

Yea but, did you ever truly expect anything better than 8-8 heading into the season?

Everyone who called for Sparano's head last year had to know this was coming. Philbin came in and got rid of our best playmaker because he wants the team he wants. Which is fine with me.

I knew if he grabbed a new coach we'd have to wait one more year, as I think most did.

He also got rid of our biggest team cancer and rampant dumbass.

Brilliant move on Philbin's part. I knew right then that Philbin might have a chance at being successful.

Yeah, I recall many predicting 7-9...8-8.

Exciting stuff, right.

****, i'll be honest. I predicted 5-11 and wanted to upgrade that halfway through the season... now it looks like my original prediction might be right.

Youre being sarcastic right? You're saying better because instead of starting off bad we're finishing badly? The defense has regressed clearly both from an eye test and stat wise. Theyre not bad at all but we were better last year.The special teams started off nicely but has been horrible the past few weeks, contributing heavily to a few of our losses. More of the same crap clearly

And op - unimaginable? Winning a Super Bowl is unimaginable - going 7-9 is like breathing for this team

I have a feeling that whatever they did would be fine with you

Back
Top Bottom