7-9 was unimaginable....but now realistic! | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

7-9 was unimaginable....but now realistic!

Yeah, I recall many predicting 7-9...8-8.

Exciting stuff, right.

Sadly, our 5-11 predictions aren't all that far fetched either. I can actually see us blowing the game against Jax, if only because Murphy's Law dictates that there shall be "We should have kept Henne" threads.

Im fed up with all the negativity with some fin fans. I like the majority never thought with a rookie HC & QB, 2 new co-ordinators, losing our best WR & CB that we would ever realistically be in with a shout of posting 7 wins. A lot, had us up for no.1 pick in 2013!

I know a lot has to do with Jeff Ireland, but the last 2-3 years I have been impressed with the talent he has brought to roster. IMO he seems to have a good working relationship with Philbin and I think that is essential in moving forward, so time to forget about past.

I hope we keep all the FO and coaching staff in place for next year, add a couple of receivers, pass rushers and CB's and trust in Ireland/Philbin has to who to resign and release and finally knock the Pats off no.1 :up:

So what you are saying is you started the year with no expectations to win more than 7 games and you are good with the way this season has unfolded...Kind of giddy actually with the way you finish with the thumbs up smiley. I got you...play to show up sort of deal like those church leagues where they dont keep score. I like it! No disappointment or let down just happy to be involved and breathing. :thumbup:

Now..Lets go and show those Jags & Pats who's da boss...Lace'em up loose cause we don't want anyone uncomfortable out there.

this season sucked, 7-9 ( if we even got there) is no reason to celebrate.

i dont care what expectations were coming into the season. bottom line is this. we were 4-3 after 7 games, and if we do go 7-9, that will mean we would have gone 3-6 in our final 9 games, which would be the total opposite of last year.

your supposed to improve as the season goes on, not regress, which is all this team has done.

we had a pretty easy schedule for the most part, and yet we lost to **** teams like the cardinals, jets, bills, titans. if we went even 2-2 in those games, we are now tied for 6th seed.

the afc did not have a lot of depth this year so this year was a pretty golden opportunity to try and sneak in, especially with our sched, and yet we are going to finish 8-8 at best, with more likely being 7-9 or 6-10.

i dont want to hear about rookie qb, no talent, etc. the seahawks, colts, and skins all have rookie qbs as well, and yet those teams are all in playoff contention, with the colts a shoe in. ( and yes i know the seahawks were given that game vs gb, but even so, they still would be 7-6 in the thick of things) and the skins have had plenty of injuries, with fred davis being lost for season,a few ol going down, garcon missed a decent amount of games, but good qb play makes the offense look a lot better than it is.

this season is a disappointment, especially after seeing this team for the 1st 7 games the way they can play, u have to say this season was a disappointment.

this season is a disappointment, especially after seeing this team for the 1st 7 games the way they can play, u have to say this season was a disappointment.

Well put......

Ireland is waiting for Brady to Retire before he makes his Push.

Thats funny!!!

this season sucked, 7-9 ( if we even got there) is no reason to celebrate.

i dont care what expectations were coming into the season. bottom line is this. we were 4-3 after 7 games, and if we do go 7-9, that will mean we would have gone 3-6 in our final 9 games, which would be the total opposite of last year.

your supposed to improve as the season goes on, not regress, which is all this team has done.

we had a pretty easy schedule for the most part, and yet we lost to **** teams like the cardinals, jets, bills, titans. if we went even 2-2 in those games, we are now tied for 6th seed.

the afc did not have a lot of depth this year so this year was a pretty golden opportunity to try and sneak in, especially with our sched, and yet we are going to finish 8-8 at best, with more likely being 7-9 or 6-10.

i dont want to hear about rookie qb, no talent, etc. the seahawks, colts, and skins all have rookie qbs as well, and yet those teams are all in playoff contention, with the colts a shoe in. ( and yes i know the seahawks were given that game vs gb, but even so, they still would be 7-6 in the thick of things) and the skins have had plenty of injuries, with fred davis being lost for season,a few ol going down, garcon missed a decent amount of games, but good qb play makes the offense look a lot better than it is.

Dude you have got to chill...There is always "Next Year".
Now...Take a deep breath and get over it because the majority of us see magic in the works. There is no time frame on when it will kick in ...but its in the works. I to once longed for the mystical 5 game win streak , late game come back and heaven help us playoff run but that just lead to madness and frustration. Big gulp the Next Year kool-aid when rookies will transform & all things come together to achieve 6-7 wins. Better! :woot:

Last edited by a moderator:
I miss the days where the Dolphins were at least perennial playoff participants. Now we're working on our 7th losing season in the past 9 years...no bueno. Before 2004, we only had 2 losing seasons in 24 years.

Sadly, our 5-11 predictions aren't all that far fetched either. I can actually see us blowing the game against Jax, if only because Murphy's Law dictates that there shall be "We should have kept Henne" threads.

I can easily see this happening.

:bobdole:

If you're going to start a thread, you should at least start with a factually correct premise.

There were plenty of people on here who took one look at the supposedly soft schedule and confidently crowed that the Dolphins should finish with 9 or 10 wins and in the thick of the wild-card race. Others like myself were more subdued, but still predicted between 7 and 8 wins, i.e. the mediocrity that's been the Dolphins status quo for years now. Very few people thought 7 wins was some unimaginably high bar.

I miss the days where the Dolphins were at least perennial playoff participants. Now we're working on our 7th losing season in the past 9 years...no bueno. Before 2004, we only had 2 losing seasons in 24 years.

Keep your head up, my friend. Look on the bright side.

We're getting a water slide soon.

:iwantmore: :iwantmore:

I've been a fan since 1981 and (assuming that this season is also sub-.500) I've now seen 7 times as many losing seasons in the past 9 years as I did during my first 23 years of fandom.

I've been a fan since 1981 and (assuming that this season is also sub-.500) I've now seen 7 times as many losing seasons in the past 9 years as I did during my first 23 years of fandom.

I think there are many on here who have never experienced a winning season as a Fins fan based on their post...Thats where this franchise is in the last days of 2012.

Back
Top Bottom