#7 and #18 picks | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

#7 and #18 picks

CanadianPhinFan said:
Wow, the possibilities with trading down!! But...I still don't see Gordon and Morris getting us through the season at RB...we need something else.

See Fishys post a few up!

JJ Arrington will be a good Pro!

PhinDude88 said:
I was wondering, if we did trade down with the Vikes and get both of their 1st round picks. Who would you like at #7 and #18 and why would you want them.? For me i would want:

#7-RB Caddy Williams because we need a Rb and he can help our running game improve.

#18-S Brodney Pool because i think that he is the best S out there(Thomas Davis will likely be moved to LB)and we need a good FS to help out our back field.
At #7 - QB Rodgers, CB / FS Rolle, RB Cat Williams, or WR Mike Williams
Any would be a bargain at #7 overall.

at # 18 - DE Spears (if he somehow slides), WR M. Jones, CB Pac Man, or FS from Oaklahoma...cant remember his name right now.,

Matt Jones would be sweet! he is fast and we would be able to run some trick plays with him taking a reverse and passing it

PhinDude88 said:
I was wondering, if we did trade down with the Vikes and get both of their 1st round picks. Who would you like at #7 and #18 and why would you want them.? For me i would want:

#7-RB Caddy Williams because we need a Rb and he can help our running game improve.

#18-S Brodney Pool because i think that he is the best S out there(Thomas Davis will likely be moved to LB)and we need a good FS to help out our back field.

#7 - Either/Any of the triad of Brown/Benson/Williams OR perhaps Mike Williams. If we trade Surtain and feel like we need a CB, then Jones or Rolle are a possibility too.

The #18 pick, I look hard at WRs Williamson (no relation:D ) or White ... or a Safety, Pool, Bullock or Davis, or maybe even OLB Merriman if he is still on the board, or a Tackle in Alex Barron. We could ever trade down with a team like Green Bay and ask for their two #2s or with the Eagles for their late #1 pick(#31) and our #2 (#34) pick back from them in the Feely deal. Who knows, lots of options at 18 ....

Then in the 2nd round IF we get one for Surtain, I look hard at Campbell & Frye at QB or Baas at Center/Guard.

#7 - Cadillac Williams, Derrick Johnson, Antrel Rolle or Aaron Rodgers!

#18 - Alex Barron, Erasmus James, Marcus Spears or Jammal Brown!

Gunner4u65 said:
[/color][/b][/i]

#7 - Either/Any of the triad of Brown/Benson/Williams OR perhaps Mike Williams. If we trade Surtain and feel like we need a CB, then Jones or Rolle are a possibility too.

The #18 pick, I look hard at WRs Williamson (no relation:D ) or White ... or a Safety, Pool, Bullock or Davis, or maybe even OLB Merriman if he is still on the board, or a Tackle in Alex Barron. We could ever trade down with a team like Green Bay and ask for their two #2s or with the Eagles for their late #1 pick(#31) and our #2 (#34) pick back from them in the Feely deal. Who knows, lots of options at 18 ....

Then in the 2nd round IF we get one for Surtain, I look hard at Campbell & Frye at QB or Baas at Center/Guard.

Thats as good a projection as I have seen and closely resembles my projection.If Saban keeps to the BPA theory and we trade down we have to be ready for any possible dropdowns of higher rated players too.

#7 Williams or Edwards

#18 Brown, Benson, or Williams

I think that one of the 3 RB are going to drop to at least 18. It would be so awesome to get 2 game changing players for our biggest need Offense. Getting 2 players like that could completely turn our offense around very quick. I dont think we need to get D that early.

#7 Trade down to #12 with SD and let them take a WR.

12TH- Derrick Johnson, Mark Clayton

If we don't trade down

7th- Troy Williamson
18th- Travis Johsnon/ Thomas Davis

Love the idea of a trade down from #7 to #12. Let SD pick up whomever they want (ie. Merriman or M. Williams). Then we are loaded with:

#12 (Barron)
#18 (Clayton)
#28 (Frye)
#46 (from KC--Spencer/Baas). Hopefully, one of these two would be around. If not, maybe we go with Jason Brown(N. Carolina) at Center.

Now, we would be set on the OL, WR, and QB. We could then look for Arrington/Gore/Morency type at #70. Whoever is left.

Shamboubou said:
#7 Williams or Edwards

#18 Brown, Benson, or Williams

I think that one of the 3 RB are going to drop to at least 18. It would be so awesome to get 2 game changing players for our biggest need Offense. Getting 2 players like that could completely turn our offense around very quick. I dont think we need to get D that early.

No way one of the 3 RB's fall that far!

PhinDude88 said:

Why does everyone think Davis will be moved to safety. I think he would be PERFECT for a SS in a 3-4 defense. Hes a large man, but he ran like a 4.4 or 4.5 at his proday. That at least as fast as any safety we have on our roster now. I would LOVE to see us get this guy if we pick up a later first rounder.

Back
Top Bottom