7'9 ABA Player | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

7'9 ABA Player

That guy is massive. That's just crazy. He iced Wanda too.

Dont know if this is true, but I heard he can stand flat footed and dunk a ball....

If you watch the Jimmy Kimmel clip you can sort of see that he can. I dont think he could do it in a game though, but just standing there and stretching his arm out as far as he can up towards the rim I think he probably can.

holy craparolly...how can someone be 7'9 ! thats insane! why is it that every so often an Asian dude pops up thats ridiculously tall?

i was watching sportscenter and some there is this college kid tahts like 7'9 dude looks like cavemen
found a pic....:lol:

386129-1.jpg

I have tickets to see him Saturday playing just outside of DC area (Rockville, MD), I understand he will be facing Manute Bol (7'7") and Gheorge Muresan(7'7"), so it should be interesting to say the least.

Cant imagine a 7'9" guy being rejected but it could happen.

If he's a fierce as Yao Ming i wouldn't be surprised to see Allen Iverson going right up the lane and putting in a layup right through him.

If he's a fierce as Yao Ming i wouldn't be surprised to see Allen Iverson going right up the lane and putting in a layup right through him.

Ok, boys and girls, I saw him Saturday. Yes, he is a big man, in 1 on 1 drills he shows some skills. He looks athletic and smooth....but......come game time 5 on 5, he becomes much smaller.

He stands 7' 9" and can dunk without jumping....however, when he does jump he may have only a 2" vertical......he has a bad habit of bringing the ball down to the other players height. He doesnt use his body well, plays an ok zone D (stands under basket) and as long as he sees you coming he is ok, but you set pick and rolls and he doesnt adjust quickly.

Granted, it was his first game, but he lacks many many "expected" skills. He has decent touch, but prefers the outside shot vs. posting and moving toward the basket.

All in all, its no reason why he isnt in the NBA. He is raw, but clearly fun to see play. Finally, his endurance leaves a lot to be desired.

Yes, his team won, 115 to 110, but mostly got hot with him on the bench.

Ok, boys and girls, I saw him Saturday. Yes, he is a big man, in 1 on 1 drills he shows some skills. He looks athletic and smooth....but......come game time 5 on 5, he becomes much smaller.

He stands 7' 9" and can dunk without jumping....however, when he does jump he may have only a 2" vertical......he has a bad habit of bringing the ball down to the other players height. He doesnt use his body well, plays an ok zone D (stands under basket) and as long as he sees you coming he is ok, but you set pick and rolls and he doesnt adjust quickly.

Granted, it was his first game, but he lacks many many "expected" skills. He has decent touch, but prefers the outside shot vs. posting and moving toward the basket.

All in all, its no reason why he isnt in the NBA. He is raw, but clearly fun to see play. Finally, his endurance leaves a lot to be desired.

Yes, his team won, 115 to 110, but mostly got hot with him on the bench.

Do you think most of his problems were fixable with coaching? Because other than the poor leaping most of them sound like they are. Was he just flat out unathletic or did he have some promise? Cause you can bet if his problems are coachable then he will get a shot with someone.

Some are coachable (esp the ball hands/low issue) but honestly, I would say he will not see an NBA game without a ticket.

He would have to make a huge, huge improvement. Now if it was all endurance, fine, but I dont think that to be the case.

Its fun to watch him play, based on his size alone, but I do not see the skills (NBA-wise) or the speed.

I highly recommend you seeing him, but would expect you to have the same view, that he just isnt primetime in any way shape or form.

P.S. Bol and Muresan were there for a promotional thing, but they didnt play. The next tallest guy was 6' 8".

I have tickets to see him Saturday playing just outside of DC area (Rockville, MD), I understand he will be facing Manute Bol (7'7") and Gheorge Muresan(7'7"), so it should be interesting to say the least.

Cant imagine a 7'9" guy being rejected but it could happen.

I havn't see big George in a while, he lives in the next town, I use to see him all the time food shopping. Nice guy.

Back
Top Bottom