8 Player NBA Deal Between Warriors and Pacers | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

8 Player NBA Deal Between Warriors and Pacers

And the Heat get a free win!

Thanks Indiana.

BTW...this is a horrific deal for the Pacers...

what kinda deal is that. Great now GS is gonna get better in the West.

I don't think it is a horrific deal, but I really don't see how this makes either team better. The Warriors are still behind the Lakers and Suns in their division, let alone the Mavericks, Rockets, Spurs and Jazz and probably the Kings.

The Pacers weren't going anywhere either, and I doubt Dunleavy and the oft-injured Murphy are going to help. Just shuffling players for the sake of it in my opinion.

This trade is like rearranging deck chairs on the Titantic....the ships are still going to go down. :wink:

Nice. Nelson dumps the slow trash that can't play in the post and gets two matchup nightmares to play with. What a deal.

I dont blame them, what they had wasnt working...so might as well try and shake things up a little.

Terrible deal for Indiana, fantastic deal for Golden State.

Finally got rid of Dunleavy, who nobody up there cares for. He's their Antoine Walker.

This is an EXCELLENT deal for Golden State.....btw, Murphy sucks too.

I like the trade for both teams, and here's why.

Indy has been trying to get rid of Jackson for 2 years now, and he's been nothing but a distraction for them. He, along with Sarunus, do nothing but chuck 3 pointers. Plus, the rumor was that O'Neal and Jackson hated each other.

The Pacers went after Harrington because of his friendship with O'Neal, and the success he had coming off the bench in Indy. The problem during the season became evident though; The 2 do not compliment each other well for long stretches. The Pacers are were at their best this year when O'Neal, or Harrington played with the 2nd unit instead of each other.

Mike Dunleavey needed a change of scenary, he's not a bad player by any means, but he got so much hype coming out of Duke it's easy to see why he's a disappoinment. The thing is, he's the exact type of player that Carlisle wants. A frontcourt player that can handle the ball, and is also a good decision maker (something the Pacers have struggled with). I garuntee that Dunleavey will do much better in Indy than he did in Oakland.

Troy Murphy just didn't fit into the run and gun system Nellie was using in Golden State. People forget, that Murphy is a dbl'dbl guy when healthy, and could have a role similar to Brad Miller a couple years ago (play the high post).

Stephen Jackson, Sarunas J., and Baby Al were not only butting heads with teammates and not fitting in with what Carlisle wanted to do, but they also were taking minutes away from several young players the Pacers like (Orien Greene,Marquis Daniels,David Harrison and of course Danny Granger). Granger and Daniels got time, but not as much as Carlisle wanted to give them. Greene and Harrison have not gotten the time that the Pacers wanted to them to have.

The Warriors also needed to get rid of Dunleavy with the emergence of Ellis,Barnes, and Pietrus.

Jackson and Sarunas give the Warriors more 3 point shooting, while Al gives them the banger they needed down low to go with Biendris.

There are negatives for both teams. The Warriors take on a huge headcase in SJax, and also get a lot smaller, while the Pacers give up toughness and take on large contracts.

Right now I'd give the win for the Pacers for a couple reasons. 1)They got good locker room guys in Dunleavey and Murphy (both of whom are hard to hate as people) 2)They get players that are good passers and 3) They also got Ike Diogu (who the Pacers tried to get last year when the Warriors asked about Artest).

IMO If Diogu gets consistent minutes, this trade is going to become lopsided. But right now it's even.

Do you realize what type of contracts Indiana is taking up, and how they weigh in with the production of those two? It's a terrible thing, really.

Terrible deal for Indiana, fantastic deal for Golden State.

Finally got rid of Dunleavy, who nobody up there cares for. He's their Antoine Walker.

This is an EXCELLENT deal for Golden State.....btw, Murphy sucks too.

Dunleavy is nothing like Walker. The problem they had with him was that he got a lotof hype because he was tall, could post people, could pass, and could shoot. He's been passive on offense, and more of a passer. Sure, he shoots more 3's than he should, but he's not a black hole on offense. Same goes for Murphy (whose problem has been staying healthy).

Every Indy fan I've talked to said they're glad they got rid of SJax and Sarunas. They all basically felt that those two killed team chemistry (Jax for his attitude problem, and Sarunas for pretty much blaming everybody but himself on the court)

Talent wise and salary wise, Golden State wins, but Jackson is a locker room cancer; the only place he hasn't caused problems was San Antonio. And if you can't stay out of trouble in Indy, there's no way you'll stay out of trouble in Oakland.

Do you realize what type of contracts Indiana is taking up, and how they weigh in with the production of those two? It's a terrible thing, really.

I do realize what they're taking in, but with how bad their locker room has gotten, they needed to make changes. Artest hurt them last year, Jackson and Sarunas this year, to a lesser extent Al Did as well (butthat was more on the court). But the main problem was that the only positive influence for the younger guys in the locker room was Daryl Armstrong. When JO said he might ask to be traded, he said that because of problems he had with other players

Plus for Indy, they needed to get rid of those guys to develop their youn players.

Back
Top Bottom