8 Player NBA Deal Between Warriors and Pacers | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

8 Player NBA Deal Between Warriors and Pacers

Larry Bird has officaily lost his mind.

Certainly on paper Jackson and Harrington look like the superior duo to Dunleavy and Murphy. Keep in mind however that Bird wants a certain type of player, and neither Jackson or Harrington meet that criteria. Also keep in mind that Jackson and O'Neal don't get along, and also that the fan base there despises the guy.

Dunleavy shows flashes, but is one of the most overpaid players in the NBA in my opinion. As for Murphy, the guy can board and shoot, a homeless man's Bird if you will, and fits much better in this style than the one played at Golden State. This will also open up playing time for some of their younger guys. As a poster stated earlier, neither team is going anywhere.

Jasikevicius is the key in this deal in my mind.....The guy is a very functional player that is begging to be coached and molded into a NBA contributor.

Troy Murphy is not a homeless man's Larry Bird....more like a rotting corpse's larry bird.

He's Trash...

Golden State got very good in a hurry...I think they charge into the playoffs with a 6th seed...and then get smashed.

Jasikevicius is the key in this deal in my mind.....The guy is a very functional player that is begging to be coached and molded into a NBA contributor.

Troy Murphy is not a homeless man's Larry Bird....more like a rotting corpse's larry bird.

He's Trash...

Golden State got very good in a hurry...I think they charge into the playoffs with a 6th seed...and then get smashed.

Murphy isn't trash, trash doesn't average 15 and 11 for a season. He's had 20 point games with 15 or so boards. He boards more than Jackson and shoots for a better percentage than Jackson.

As for Golden State, they added two me first losers to their roster. They won't come close to the sixth seed this season in my opinion, and are in fact much more apt to implode as anything else. Plus, how much longer before the inevitable Baron Davis injury?

Indiana will benifit more from this trade than the Warriors on down the line, although on the surface it doesn't seem so.

Baron Davis, Jason Richardson, Stephen Jackson, Al Harrington.

GS won big time in this deal. Let's see if they can all stay healthy and get into the playoffs.

GS won big time in this deal. Let's see if they can all stay healthy and get into the playoffs.

Monta Ellis, Adris Biedrins, Mickael Pietrus..........

they've got a lot of talent on that team. Lots of young talent.

considering J-Rich has been hurt a lot this year (and hasn't been good when he's played), and Davis is going to be injured sooner rather than later it might not be that great.

Besides, talent doesn't always equal chemistry. Baby Al is the only guy in the trade that will get big time minutes that isn't a head case.

Besides, as I stated earlier, Dunleavy and Murphy are better suited for their new roles in Indy.

You are comparing Murphy to Bird?? Yikes.

Murphy has the same three things in common with Larry Bird that Adam Morrison Matt Harpring and a few dozen other players do: he's white, fairly tall, and can shoot the rock with some degree of competence. That's pretty much it...unless you count the fact that Murphy, like Bird, is now employed by the Indiana Pacers. That's four things. Sadly, there's long been a temptation to compare pretty much every American white forward with even a stitch of talent to Bird. I've given up trying to stop it, frankly.

In any event, Golden State got the best player in the deal, cleared minutes in its crowded frontcourt, and got long-term cap relief, too. That makes them the winner.

Except for the fact that Rick Carlisle can't stand players who can't play defense.

true, but they're better offensively for the Pacers. Sarunas,Al, and SJax did not fit in with what the Pacers were trying to do.

Again I'll say this, the two main reasons I like this trade more for Indiana are Good Team guys, and Ike Diogu. If Diogu gets anything resembling consistent minutes, I think he makes the trade look great.

Back
Top Bottom