$9 Million reasons to say YES! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

$9 Million reasons to say YES!

raving

Active Roster
Reaction score
Here is my opinion on the Ricky situation. Saban is serious - VERY SERIOUS. People LOVE to disparage Ricky as some ignorant - stupid human being with a drug problem. No he is not. Ricky is highly intelligent. He is highly eccentric. He is somewhat troubled, although characterologically he is of high moral character. What has Ricky not done: in any way shape or form he has not been in trouble outside the NFL with the law. He did not make a low life character move like Randy McMichael and strike is six month pregnant wife - which by the way involved the police entering McMichael's residence and arresting him on the spot. I am aware Dolfans (me too) cheer for Randy. So while it may true that Ricky's infraction was a "greater" football infraction - I believe Saban understands that if Saban can accept Randy (who behaved violently against the mother of his unborn child) he can accept Ricky.

Sorry, but Saban don't give a hoot what the fan base wants or does not want today. Saban is banking on winning and everyone loves a winner. And if he loses we are all gonna hate him anyhow - just like many of us strongly dislike Wanny.

What Saban is doing is right on. Get Ricky. If he can play. And he can play. Saban believes that he can get under his hood and help him tick and I think he may just be right. Saban's gotta a GREAT sell. Even if the Dolphins pay him minimum with insentives - which is say 500,000 - Ricky is actually making $9,000,000. The 8 and a half is forgiven. 500,000 is chump change.

Now Saban has several backs already and will acquire another. Ricky is suspended for 4 games so Nick and Ricky can get acquainted with zero pressure. Game 5 we have already been through a quarter of the season in which our player development should help us to be a vastly improved and improving team. Along comes Ricky slowly and steadily. If it works, which I think if anyone can do it Nick can do it, we are all golden.

Nick can tell Ricky - come back - you automatically make 9,000,000. Get some therapy - I know three or four of the best in town - focus for a year with me and let me ressurect you into the greatest back in history - in two to three years.

Face it guys that Ditka and Wanny were not good for Williams. He got screwed because he was young, eccentric and naive. But Saban baby I think so...

Nice post.

I think Saban does care what the fans think, but he knows that if he wins with this team we wont care how he did it. I think it's possible that ricky might return because other than smoking weed, i think he had other issues with the team, like knowing we had a poor coach and offensive line.

However, I have really never gotten my hopes up about him returning. I think ricky knows there will be animosity amongst players and fans, and he doesnt deal well with scrutiny - especially the negative kind. Therefore i think the odds of him returning are slim. I do miss seeing him run though.

well if Ricky was worried to death about running 400 times......Ronnie Brown will ease that work load a bit.....

Never thought about it that way....he should sign for a small contract (IF he returned). Randy isnt a bad character despite having a loud mouth.I dont remember all the details but the whole ordeal with Randy wasnt as bad as it seemed......I agree with the Ricky post though :)

you can bet.....whatever contract Ricky signs....it will cover Miami's behind....against any kind of retirement slash quitting slash hash slash anything below what Coach Carter.errrr Saban sets will not be good enough and I hope Ricky is ready for a coach who.....from what Im told.....is no push over.

Didn't wanna read the post when I saw it was about Ricky, but I read it anyway and it was good. Nice job.

Fins05:NewHope said:
you can bet.....whatever contract Ricky signs....it will cover Miami's behind....against any kind of retirement slash quitting slash hash slash anything below what Coach Carter.errrr Saban sets will not be good enough and I hope Ricky is ready for a coach who.....from what Im told.....is no push over.
ALOT of fine print in that contract.

Back
Top Bottom