9 NFL teams that should wear throwback uniforms full-time | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

9 NFL teams that should wear throwback uniforms full-time

lurking

Club Member
Reaction score
9 NFL teams that should wear throwback uniforms full-time

FOXSports

Cameron DaSilva1 day ago
TWEET
http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/mor...-in-sports-history/ss-AAhe7Zq?ocid=spartandhp

• BBCabST.img
  • BBCarRv.img
  • BBCapn4.img
  • BBCagSH.img
  • BBCamSd.img
  • BBCapne.img
  • BBCamSn.img
  • BBCaiNI.img
  • BBCal0V.img
  • BBCamSy.img
  • BBCal13.img
Slide 10 of 11: The Dolphins just revamped their uniforms a few years ago, going to a lighter aqua color with a new logo and less orange. There’s really nothing wrong with the change, but their current uniforms are nowhere near as great as their throwbacks from 1966.The Dolphins wear these jerseys once in a blue moon – at least they have the past two years – but they should become permanent. They look spectacular, and there are very few people who would say otherwise. They stand out far more than their current jerseys, with the orange accents popping on the aqua base color.
Full screen

1/11 SLIDES © Copyright The Associated Press. All rights reserved.
The NFL has seen the number of alternate and throwback uniforms worn drop significantly in recent years as the league puts safety first. Players are restricted to wearing one helmet all season long, which prevents teams from using helmets that would match throwback uniforms – unless it’s as simple as removing the decal.Additionally, teams are allowed to wear alternates or throwbacks only twice a year, which isn’t nearly enough. These nine teams have some of the best old-school sets in all of football, and it’s time for each franchise to make them their permanent look.

Philadelphia Eagles

New England Patriots

Atlanta Falcons

Los Angeles Chargers

Dallas Cowboys

Los Angeles Rams

Tampa Bay Buccaneers

10/11 SLIDES © Steve Mitchell
Miami Dolphins
The Dolphins just revamped their uniforms a few years ago, going to a lighter aqua color with a new logo and less orange. There’s really nothing wrong with the change, but their current uniforms are nowhere near as great as their throwbacks from 1966.The Dolphins wear these jerseys once in a blue moon – at least they have the past two years – but they should become permanent. They look spectacular, and there are very few people who would say otherwise. They stand out far more than their current jerseys, with the orange accents popping on the aqua base color.

Dolphins president leaves door open for possible return to classic logo

Just over four years ago, the Miami Dolphins unveiled their new logo and coinciding uniforms. It was the first major change to the iconic helmet-wearing dolphin emblem they had used for all of their existence, dating all the way back to 1966.

The new logo was met with mixed reviews with some preferring it to the old one, while others were unhappy with the change. The same feelings have been expressed four years later, and it’s led the team to leave the door open for a potential return to the classic look.

http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/...c-logo-change-permanent-team-president-060717

Love the throwback for us.
Hate the pats but their throwback is way better than current

Agree on all teams except the Bears...they should go back to the 1980s jerseys.

Loved those 1980s Rams uniforms.

No love for the Steelers' bumblebee throwbacks?

Not doubt! Uniforms...scminiforms. Who the f**k cares. Can't change ours til next yr anyways.
Like I said in the other uniform thread. If there are any changes that are going to be made it will be to the uniform more than the logo. They will probably use a mix of the new logo and the old uniform.

As an example I could see them adding the stripes on the sleeves to the jersey with the modern font. Keep the white face mask and add more orange in the helmet stripe and keep the current logo. And maybe tweak the pant stripes to have more orange. But that's probably all you'll see.

Of the past four logos Miami has kept their logo for an average of 11 years. 74-89 and 97-12 with the longest at 15 years each and the other two logos at 7 years a piece. And if there is a logo change it probably won't be an overhaul. It will probably be more tweaking like Detroit, Carolina and Tampa did to theirs.

Pretty sure in the next 4 years we will switch over
Based on what? The Rams ditching gold from their color scheme? That is just a color change, its not even a logo change. The logo is staying the same minus the gold and their uniforms this year will still have the gold on the shoulders. Even the Chargers, who's fan based was screaming for them to go back to the powder blue uniforms, never switched back to the original uniform. They just made an alternate uniform for it. Teams will compromise with their uniforms and logos to find that happy medium between new and old but once they have changed they don't go backwards.

Like I said in the other uniform thread. If there are any changes that are going to be made it will be to the uniform more than the logo. They will probably use a mix of the new logo and the old uniform.

As an example I could see them adding the stripes on the sleeves to the jersey with the modern font. Keep the white face mask and add more orange in the helmet stripe and keep the current logo. And maybe tweak the pant stripes to have more orange. But that's probably all you'll see.

Of the past four logos Miami has kept their logo for an average of 11 years. 74-89 and 97-12 with the longest at 15 years each and the other two logos at 7 years a piece. And if there is a logo change it probably won't be an overhaul. It will probably be more tweaking like Detroit, Carolina and Tampa did to theirs.

The only thing I'd like to see them do with the logo is change the posture of the dolphin. It really should be in the classic dolphin pose. Not sure what they got out of giving it the swirly pose.

As for the uni, I can see them doing something similar to what the Bills did. The fans fell in love with the standing buffalo throwbacks so they heavily incorporated elements of it into their new design. Now they have one of the best uniforms in the league.

The only thing I'd like to see them do with the logo is change the posture of the dolphin. It really should be in the classic dolphin pose. Not sure what they got out of giving it the swirly pose.

As for the uni, I can see them doing something similar to what the Bills did. The fans fell in love with the standing buffalo throwbacks so they heavily incorporated elements of it into their new design. Now they have one of the best uniforms in the league.

Bingo. That's what see Miami doing for any uniform change.

As for changing the position of the dolphin, I have a feeling that was intentional. As 8 stated before, people outside of Miami really had no clue that the logo had changed over the years. A large part of that is due to the position the dolphin was in. It was too similar to the original. That is part if the reason the throwbacks really stand out now is because you can clearly tell the difference even to those that aren't Dolphins fans.

The helmet with the old school logo is top notch. I would adore this look going forward should Miami adopt it.

The Thanksgiving uniforms vs. Dallas back in the Fiedler/Chambers days was off the hook too.

Back
Top Bottom