9 NFL teams that should wear throwback uniforms full-time | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

9 NFL teams that should wear throwback uniforms full-time

The helmet with the old school logo is top notch. I would adore this look going forward should Miami adopt it.

The Thanksgiving uniforms vs. Dallas back in the Fiedler/Chambers days was off the hook too.

Yup!! Those ones were awesome

I never knew football fans were so into fashion.

Dolphins-Throwback-Jersey-3.jpg

Some bad ass f'n fashion right there!!!

Love the idea of combining (or altering some) the new logo with a retro uniform. Would be amazing

I like the new uniforms a little bit, definitely like the throwback more. But I think they should keep their new uniform. It makes it more special the couple times a year they wear their throwbacks. Just my opinion

Those aqua throwbacks are absolutely awesome. No doubt about it. But I think it's because they're a more balanced look than the current ultra clean look. I think the current uniforms could benefit from just a few tweaks. Toning down the pastel aqua and maybe adding some color to the face masks. When they wear all white, it's TOO white and I think there's room to add some orange/gray somewhere. It would make a huge difference.

Also, as cool as the throwbacks are, we've yet to see that particular design in white. The Cowboys game gives a clue what it would look like but I'd still like to see a white version of the throwbacks they've worn the last 2 seasons.

Feel free to tell anyone to **** off if it's that big of a deal.

I hear ya, but most of the time I dont like typing out a response. I like the convenience of a one-button "im with ya man" or "no thanks dude."

That said, Im gonna refrain from derailing this topic any further.

On point, I am a traditionalist and love the old unis and logos, so I'd be on board with more of the vintage look.

Those aqua throwbacks are absolutely awesome. No doubt about it. But I think it's because they're a more balanced look than the current ultra clean look. I think the current uniforms could benefit from just a few tweaks. Toning down the pastel aqua and maybe adding some color to the face masks. When they wear all white, it's TOO white and I think there's room to add some orange/gray somewhere. It would make a huge difference.

Also, as cool as the throwbacks are, we've yet to see that particular design in white. The Cowboys game gives a clue what it would look like but I'd still like to see a white version of the throwbacks they've worn the last 2 seasons.

The only difference between the aqua and white designs is that the new jersey cuts require the stripes fit on that gore panel rather than on a full sleeve. Those new cuts didn't exist in 2003. Last year one of the Dolphins ( I think it was Maxwell) actually wore a full-sleeved aqua throwback (what nike sells to the public) in the 9er game. If there was a white version now, it would have the sleeve pattern the same as the aqua. Technically, it is a different jersey from what was worn in 1966 due to the sleeve cut... but I digress. I personally wanted the throwback to be stripeless like the Dolphins wore in 1970-72, which to me was their BEST jersey.

BTW I have waited to get a throwback because I keep hoping the cut sleeved version will become available to the general public... but I am afraid nike will never let that happen.

The only difference between the aqua and white designs is that the new jersey cuts require the stripes fit on that gore panel rather than on a full sleeve. Those new cuts didn't exist in 2003. Last year one of the Dolphins ( I think it was Maxwell) actually wore a full-sleeved aqua throwback (what nike sells to the public) in the 9er game. If there was a white version now, it would have the sleeve pattern the same as the aqua. Technically, it is a different jersey from what was worn in 1966 due to the sleeve cut... but I digress. I personally wanted the throwback to be stripeless like the Dolphins wore in 1970-72, which to me was their BEST jersey.

BTW I have waited to get a throwback because I keep hoping the cut sleeved version will become available to the general public... but I am afraid nike will never let that happen.
Not sure what your feeling are about bootleg versions but have you looked to see if any of those have that sleeve?

Back
Top Bottom