90% Chance Aaron Rodgers goes #1 | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

90% Chance Aaron Rodgers goes #1

BlueFin said:
According to ESPN Insider, the negotiations went very well with the agent for Aaron Rodgers and the Forty Niners left the meeting confident that a deal will be struck before the draft.

I would post a link but it wouldn't do any good.

My personal opinion is now that we will draft Alex Smith or trade down to #5 with Tampa if they're offer is good enough.

Hopefully we can trade down with Tampa and will more than likely have our pick of two of the big three RBs and one or both of the two WRs.

PhinKev said:
I have no inside knowledge, but I have a feeling that Smith is our guy.

No one on this board has "inside" knowledge. Just educated guesses.

BlueFin said:
I said "word is"......it has been reported by various sources.

Could be just rumour, but Smith ran an offense which was derived from Linehans offense so it doesn't seem like a stretch.

Plus I believe one of the Utah coachs is Smith's uncle or something and worked closely with Linehan when he was at Utah- John L. Smith.

More info

The Bucs are interested in moving up in the draft to get a quarterback, and the QB they appear to be targeting is Smith, not Aaron Rodgers, says Jo____ Clay____. The Bucs worked out both QBs over the weekend, and Smith excited them the most and gave them the desire to begin trade talks with the teams above them. It's not certain the Bucs would have the same zeal in moving up for Rodgers, but it probably doesn't matter. Rodgers should go No. 1 and be signed by next week.

The Dolphins appear to be getting serious about trading with the Bucs down to the No. 5 pick, according to Jo____ Clay____. If the Dolphins stay at No. 2, they might take Auburn halfback Ronnie Brown, but they are excited to know they could have a trading partner with the Bucs.

The problem is going to be price. It's not certain that the Bucs would give Miami a second-round pick. It might be hard for the Dolphins to settle for a third-rounder moving down three spots. Quarterback Alex Smith might be a candidate if they stay at No. 2.

BlueFin said:
I think Saban wants a bonafide QB, word is that Linehan is pushing hard for Smith.

I think Tampa will have to pay a premium to get us away from Alex Smith.

I am not calling you a liar, but Linehan pushed hard to get Frerrote, and Nick got him. I have this outlook on Linehan. He is young, considered one of the best O-Coordinators in the game, everyone has been praising us for getting him. If you use common sense, in the NFL today, Linehan might not make it through the 3 year contract he got before getting a shot at a Head Coaching job, if he isn't primed for one in a few years, who is. I can't see Linehan telling Nick to take a QB that wont be play this year, may not even play next year. I understand the Frerotte. I understand him working closely with Nick and the staff on the draft, but I can't see Linehan Pushing for a future QB. A RB or WR helps us right now, not a QB.

Phinsdude said:
I am not calling you a liar, but Linehan pushed hard to get Frerrote, and Nick got him. I have this outlook on Linehan. He is young, considered one of the best O-Coordinators in the game, everyone has been praising us for getting him. If you use common sense, in the NFL today, Linehan might not make it through the 3 year contract he got before getting a shot at a Head Coaching job, if he isn't primed for one in a few years, who is. I can't see Linehan telling Nick to take a QB that wont be play this year, may not even play next year. I understand the Frerotte. I understand him working closely with Nick and the staff on the draft, but I can't see Linehan Pushing for a future QB. A RB or WR helps us right now, not a QB.

True. But not everyone think of their personal interests only.

Phinsdude said:

First of all, I was only repeating what has been printed.

I would not for a moment think Alex Smith would not be starting here by year 2, and with his intelligence and familiarity with the offense I wouldn't bet against the kid playing this year at some point.

I would think Linehan sees his tenure here as coinciding with at least the first term of Sabans deal here. Were not talking about a second rate coordinator here.

I didn't say second rate OC, it was the opposite. He is what you want your future HC to be. A Successful, young, OC, from a great coaching system. Alex Smith is not physically ready according to everything I read. I am saying by the time Smith comes into his prime, Linehan might be off as a Head Coach.

Phinsdude said:
I didn't say second rate OC, it was the opposite. He is what you want your future HC to be. A Successful, young, OC, from a great coaching system. Alex Smith is not physically ready according to everything I read. I am saying by the time Smith comes into his prime, Linehan might be off as a Head Coach.

I don't think so, I think linehans chance will come after Miami is successful, that is when he will become a hot head coaching commodity, did you see him getting any looks as a head coach this year?

BlueFin said:
I don't think so, I think linehans chance will come after Miami is successful, that is when he will become a hot head coaching commodity, did you see him getting any looks as a head coach this year?

No because he was still under contract with the Vikes and no one thought he wanted out, actually I think he wouldnt had taken any other OC job but this one.

Phinsdude said:

I totally agree....they will select a QB in a lower round.

Joey 22 said:
No because he was still under contract with the Vikes and no one thought he wanted out, actually I think he wouldnt had taken any other OC job but this one.

Huh? He was not under contract, thats how he was free to come here as an OC. the point was........nobody was considering Linehan as a head coaching candidate, and I don't think they will until he has success here with Saban, which would give him time to prosper from the success of Alex Smith.

BlueFin said:
Huh? He was not under contract, thats how he was free to come here as an OC. the point was........nobody was considering Linehan as a head coaching candidate, and I don't think they will until he has success here with Saban, which would give him time to prosper from the success of Alex Smith.

Blue...don't hold your breath...or you will turn BLUE....:roflmao:

Back
Top Bottom