A Big Player Inbound? - $ Suddenly Freed Up Via Restructure of Chubb | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

A Big Player Inbound? - $ Suddenly Freed Up Via Restructure of Chubb

Tua would add more cap room not need more cap room.

Extending Tua will actually improve the cap situation. It’ll lower his number down from the current $23m for 2024.

I agree the premise of needing more cap room for Tua is probably false, without knowing the contract details these aren't entirely accurate. Fins could technically pay him pretty close to what he's making this year in a type of frontload of his contract to relieve cap hit burdens in the future. It would be a fiscally wise thing to do, but probably not gonna happen or really quite necessary.

I agree he premise of needing more cap room for Tua is probably false, without knowing the contract details these aren't entirely accurate. Fins could technically pay him pretty close to what he's making this year in a type of frontload of his contract to relieve cap hit burdens in the future. It would be a fiscally wise thing to do, but probably not gonna happen or really quite necessary.
This. We have no idea of the details and maybe front loading as much guaranteed money is part of the plan.

GTFO with the Chris Grier fighting for his job crap. Were you in a coma last week?
Relax, schoolboy, I didn’t mean this year, but every GM for every team is fighting for their job and trying to do the best job. If we win six games next year he may have issues, right? Don’t read more into what I said because you feel like bullying someone for the day. Now finish up your homework it’s due today.

Last edited:

Need to be VERY careful with Tyreek's restructure. Very Very careful. Great player, but has multiple issues you want to insulate yourself from. IMO, if this dude doesn't get the AFCE championship, deep in the playoffs or more, he is requesting a trade. Then if we have restructured him, we just took it right in the A.

Post the Chubb restructure our cap sits at just under $14 million. Typically, you don't restructure a player unless you need it to make a move. We don't need $14 million to sign draft picks 5 weeks from now. No way to be certain, but this is often a sign that a move is imminent. If it is, who is it? Lots of rumors out there that Debo is on the block. YAC monster hyper familiar with McD who was one of those responsible for making him what he is....

Edit: Keep in mind, we have the X money in June which is when we'd sign our draft players so this move would not be for that...

Isn’t another potential use of the new cap space to resign Tua?

Need to be VERY careful with Tyreek's restructure. Very Very careful. Great player, but has multiple issues you want to insulate yourself from. IMO, if this dude doesn't get the AFCE championship, deep in the playoffs or more, he is requesting a trade. Then if we have restructured him, we just took it right in the A.
Yes, and I also worry about his next off the field event. At least a team distraction and perhaps game suspensions.
Attorneys are so disingenuous that his events could be completely mislabeled for cash grabs. But you must learn that with that amount of money, lawyers will come after you.

I’ll smoke whatever that guy is- a 2nd rounder for a receiver who doesn’t have 1000 *career* yards
Jennings had a really good Super Bowl, if the 49ers had won he most likely would've been MVP. He's the 5th wheel behind Kittle, Deebo, Aiyuk and CMC. A good case to be made he's been hiding in plain sight all this time and is just underutilized, he certainly stepped up when it counted most. Shanahan also has history of odd usage for certain players, particularly RB's and WR's and for all we know McDaniel might well be licking his chops to work with him again knowing what he's capable of. I think it would be a mistake to just dismiss this possibility.

A frequent trade partner of Miami’s has quietly been trying to trade an EDGE. I wonder if this has anything to do with that?

Back
Top Bottom